Seal of Loyalty Change

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I respect woc and osw, so I suggest people don't hide Allys if they don't want me to hire them!

2. Well, I always thought that the hide ally spell was useless because you could see the owner from the ally's profile.

Hence the purpose of the spell was defeated, this is a welcome change. So when I hide my allies, they really are hidden this time!

Think people, we all know the ally spell was flawed. Heck, most of you who OSW know that! At least now this provides some sort of protection, like the original purpose of the spell.

So quit whining and adapt. Tracking allies for a strip just got harder and a whole lot of fun!

3. The ally spell was broken, hiding your ally was pointless if your ally names were know as your name would be visible on their profile.

Again, think. If the purpose of the spell is to hide ownership, don't you think it's flawed that the owner name could be viewed otherwise?

4. Ive seen an lb hide his allies 24/7 for about 3 months straight. That was also before the new lands and bc accounts making 500 to 900 billion in a five minute hte, crux'd. Roughly 15 to 20 htes in that 2 hour window.

Bc accounts make ridiculous gold. At my size and the cost for mith, i could afford it doing the top tier ebs at a decent pace.

5. "Hides allies on your profile page" is the exact description of the spell and its exactly what the spell does. "Hide you from any and all ownership of allies" isnt in the description.

Spells like that are supposed to have some sort of vulnerability. And its not like its easy to find a specific persons allies by punching in price ranges.

Besides, my owner shouldn't get to hide themselves by means of "my" profile page.

6. I'm going to assume you're intelligent enough to understand this.

If the purpose of the spell is to "hide all allies from my profile", it is hidden for the purpose of others not being able to view them when they look at my profile. Agree?

If even with the spell on my profile, my ownership of an ally can be viewed through other ways, then the spell is flawed. Simple.
    Which is what any experienced OSW player would tell you. The spell has been flawed since day one and now they changed it.

Take RedStar or any LB with allies to protect, if they cast the spell. It is with intent to hide it so their ownership to the ally cannot be viewed. Ergo, that is what the spell does now.

The ally spell was never a strip detergent because of this one flaw, atleast now it is fixed to do what it's was originally intended to do.

Think, if you were a owner with allies to protect, you cast this spell not for the cosmetic effect of your allies being hidden from your profile but to hide ownership to the ally. It was a major flaw if after hiding ownership to the ally, you *could* still be viewed as the owner.

Tl;dr - Understand the intent of the spell, it's fixed to do just that!

7. Curious as to why nobody mentions respect for ppl in pvp events? Its easily the worst time to get stripped inadvertently. OSW n WOC r not the sole meddling possibilities. Ppl not in pvp buying allies from ppl in pvp is the more interfering issue IMO.

8. ATA should just remove Owner name from the profile page. No more BS whining about hired ally, and let ally market be free.

If you are involved in OSW or PvP or sleeping, and got an ally hired...it's just bad luck.

Of course, if you forgot to hide ur ally during OSW or PvP or some random guy decided to just strip farming you, well, who can you blame. It is Kingdoms at War afterall.

9. Well, we're gonna find out...

Agreed

The spell does not imply, nor suggest, it would do anything different than it specifically states on it's description, and it does what it states flawlessly.

No, the the effect you'd prefer it to also include just isnt there.

I have osw experience. I've had a decent amount in allies. Ally Lb 1,700 might not be impressive to many but for someone with around 20mill cs that took a lot of work and would be a huge loss.

Again, i disagree.
    It was used with the intent to receive the effects that it states it will provide.

Of course it wasnt, and still isnt, a deterrent. This is a war game and the context of "deterrent" should imply an action of retaliation from fear or doubt. Laziness to put forth some effort does not work for the aggressive setting this game is promoting.

Trust me, i understand what you are telling me. What i dont understand is why you believe the spell was intended to be an absolute means if strip protection.

It (did) eliminates the easiest method used to obtain your most valuable allies. The other options require much more planning and research. And thats just for finding the allies. Theres still the logistics of executing the strip.

i read it

The intent is subjective. The description is infallible.

Edit:
    Tl;dr
    I actually dont even care about how the spell works. Im only defending it cause of the way your quote and response portrayed my sarcasm as a opinion on the spell specifically. My original post was me laying on the sarcasm thick about how there are a plethora of issues that really do need to be addressed.

Like rosters reloading to the top or the cr on android.. And so on..
    I really dont care about our argument cause the change of the spell isnt an issue to me. I dont have any problem with it.

10. I don't think you do understand what I'm trying to tell you. Nothing is 100% strip proof, the current spell is not.

What I'm saying is the original ally spell was defective to begin with it.

With what intent does one hide their allies? For the cosmetic effect of it not being visible on their profile or to protect them? 99/100 it is to offer some sort of protection, with that intent in mind the spell was flawed, and you know how. I believe I've made my point, have a good day sire.

11. I would actually love to hear an "official" explanation as to why kaw_community has yet to respond to this question, one that has been asked in several variations several times over ten pages of feedback, yet he/she jumped in immediately to defend the placement of the new Battle Cry spell on this same thread...

12. Dude, fine.

I was just editing in my last thoughts but your response was faster than my edit. Its at the end of the post.

The fact im even having this argument is silly.

13. I would actually love to hear an "official" explanation as to why kaw_community has yet to respond to this question, one that has been asked in several variations several times over ten pages of feedback, yet he/she jumped in immediately to defend the placement of the new Battle Cry spell on this same thread...[/quote][/quote]

Why does kaw_community even need to reply "officially"? You play how you liked, the decision is yours whether to click "Hire" or shy away from butthurt.

14. Oh my god, i want to punch the ppl complaining rn

15. This spell actually keeps people from seeing who owns that allie meaning u can't see if owner has a do not hire banner, osw banner, or if owner casted woc. This spell doesn't help owners of allies from being bought at wrong time.

16. Let's be honest if someone is hiding their allies they aren't wanting them to be hired.

17. Please move that button it's in the way of other menu.

18. Well display only when it Gets Purchase from The market place, NO Need to hav it there if most wont buy, Bad marketing devs

19. When can these whiners about "respecting banners, woc" and "ally hiring etiquette" just drop the pretence and click the Hire button... You know you wanna do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.