School and Religion

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by -WillyTheDeuce-, Aug 17, 2015.

1. My true god is redstar ;)

2. As interesting as that idea is..

It returns to the question of, if there is a god, who or what created them? And so on and so on.

3. I normally criticize people who just drop links in forum and amble off, but, when talking about such deep topics, sometimes a link can give far more insight and detail to a question than a simple answer tapped out on an iPad.

So, regarding your question of "who created God?" Inspiringphilosophy has made a 6 min clip which dovetails pretty nicely with my last link. Again, this link isn't pushing one God over another (although Christianity is VERY briefly referenced at the end of the clip), but instead gives an answer thT atheists and theists alike can ponder.

I can't get the link to function properly, but, if you go to YouTube and tap "inspiringphilosophy worst objection" into the search engine, the first hit will give you a very good reply.

Disclaimer: inspiringphilosophy DOES subscribe to the Christian belief structure, but I've been careful to only present the clips from YouTube that are general enough for the consumption of all cultures and philosophies in forum.

4. Religion in schools is a waste of time.
    Better things to learn instead of theory.
    Whats church for then?
    Go to bible study n avoid the bias.
    Force feedin any religion is simply ridiculous n improper n unsubstantiated.

5. they didnt really stated god, they stated an universal conscience (if proper spelled) of some sort. The video maker added God to it. The term god is vague anyway, it could be very well that it is a god, but certainly not the god of any major religion on earth.

6. Religion is a very convenient way to control ppl n explains why their is no consensus n never will be. Idk of any tangible proof other than story tellers.

Public schools should be secular free period.
    Just keep warring over that garbage.

7. Stay in school say no to religion

8. This is a good point. Very solid. The video was meant to put forth a case for "God" but as to exactly who or what he is, that is left to the viewer to decide.

I appreciate The Inspiringphilosophy video because it treats viewers like adults and avoids all together the simplistic trolling that people who are both pro and con towards religion tend to do.

9. My opinion is no, I am an athiest and i was relentlessly teased about it in school, religion in school brings more bullying and arent we trying to stop that?

10. Atheists can be bullies. Religious people can be bullies. Religion aside (and no, I believe it shouldn't be taught in public schools) every group has bullies regardless of where you are

11. Typically, people aren't bullied for their opinions, unless they're laying them out there. If you are an Athiest, keep it to yourself, otherwise you will be bullied by people with different views.
    If you are a Christian, keep it to yourself, or be bullied by those with differing opinions.
    If you are a Muslim, keep it to yourself. That means that you can't pray in school, and you can't scream discrimination.
    If you are a Mormon, please please keep it to yourself, unless you want bullied by those whose opinions differ.
    For the most part, with a few exceptions, try not to discredit people's beliefs in a public setting, and nobody will give a rats ass about your religion, because nobody will know about it.

12. ...well from a certain philosophical view religion and municipal/govt. sponsored school both "force thought" in a certain direction. Someone earlier mentioned "free thinking" or "free thought". The purpose of both is to instill you with dogma.

Aren't you in the ARMY Willy? ...they don't try to force you to think a certain way? lol

13. You don't have to say the pledge of allegiance in first grade. Your friends just look at you weird and your homeroom teacher doesn't give you a flag to pin on your shirt when you "graduate" first grade.

14. So.. Say this or you will be treated as less than your friends?

On a 5-6 year old, that's basically child abuse.

15. The same can be said of retarded things like Pajama Day. I remember my girlfriend's daughter becoming quite upset when she didn't wear her PJ's to school, because the kids who did were being given stickers and candy.

16. then i agree pyjama day is bad if thats the case.

17. The day or the idea of the day and things similar isn't bad, it's the giving out of rewards

18. The key is negative reinforcement.

19. It seems that California Schools have it all backwards. On things like Pajama Day, they give out rewards, yet in things like Spelling Bee's, they change the system so that nobody can tell who messed up.
    You're rewarding and punishing the children for the wrong things.