Same Gender Marriage [MGTD]

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Seth, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. And stil... Religion is no reason to be against or for gay marriage. In fact religion hasn't anything to do with this topic at all. It's a sad excuse of people being too afraid to see something they maybe don't understand. Read my earlier post if you want an explanation. In one of them there is one, why I support this type of marriage, although I don't understand or like it myself.

Funny how all the religion debaters only shoot their words but never read carefully - not even in their own religion.

I made my points:) enjoy the debate.

2. Seriously? So sick of ppl using this argument when they obviously don't read their bible enough to realise that It is referenced. Multiple times and heavily. It is with out doubt referenced- look at Leviticus 18 and 20 if you don't believe me, look it up and you will see just how extreme punishment was for such an act before Jesus came and died on the cross. Also note that when he did, many old laws and customs changed. For instance sacrificing. Jesus came and paid the ultimate sacrifice, cleansing us of our sin and taking away the need for sacrifices. Each one of those 'minor' points you raised, Jesus addressed in the New Testament before his death and resurrection.
    I'm tired of the hypocrite argument too. You have to realise that a Christian is someone who realises and has accepted that they sin, have asked for forgiveness for those sins and declared that God is Lord over their life. The bible isn't a list of does and don't's, it's wisdom.

3. Jesus, my lord and savior has said that it is unnatural. I shall walk the path with thee, oh lord. I shall REPENT the sins of my brothers and sisters.

4. This is very much a back and forth of those who believe most things the church says (I say this cause I know many people believe in God and not the church) and those who don't particularly believe in the church/god

5. The degeneracy of our time will be the end of us all

6. 1000 views :eek:

7. There is actually a referendum being held on same gender marriage in Ireland this Friday. I am proposing to vote yes because I firmly believe that we all are equal and a gay man or woman should not be discriminated against. Plus the no campaign is sickening me with their scaremongering. Live and let live is my motto. If and when this referendum is passed it will make absolutely no difference to me but it will to my brothers and sisters who want their chance at happiness. And when did we all get so intolerant?

8. Also note that most of these points you raised are not 'sins' in and of themselves. And most had reasons for them that were specifically for the people they were intended for- the Israelites. For instance, wearing two different types of cloth was 'designed to forbid the Israelites to engage in the fertility cult practices of the Canaanites.' (Follow me if you would like a link to an article on that) Some even with out old, historical/biblical context make sense on a practical level. Like shellfish. Food poisoning?

9. On Niki's point. I have to agree. The nonsense behind the No campaign is hilarious if anything. A child needs a mother and father.

So in circumstances that a child may lose a mother/father for various reasons, should some random guy/gal be forced into the family to replace the father/mother.

Good work No campaign. You officially have no valid argument 

10. You love who you love. Someones opinion shouldnt matter because it is not their situation or their life. I think these people should be allowed to marry who they want when they want. In my opinion i think they should be happy and not worry what the judgemental people have to say

11. people need to learn from this

12. Not really, what if they're related? You would let that stand?

13. But it isnt my life nor my say so. Like i said before you love who you love. Dont ever tell someone who they can and can not love

14. So if you have a husband and hes cheating on you then you cant say anything? He really loves her (assuming you are a female by your name)

15. Tysond, I think you are illustrating the point. Since the writing of the various books of the Bible, different people have made different determinations as to what rules are to be followed and which ones are not.

Neither the Bible nor the Torah were annotated with distinctions about which rules were to be followed or which rules were sacrosanct. And the Bible certainly did not include an endorsement page indicating which rules had changed.

Unfortunately, people have used biblical arguments throughout history to justify their whim of the moment. Bible verses were used to justify slavery and racism - positions very few people would publicly support today.

So you can see the point some people make when they point to unused or ignored verses in the Bible or Torah. They have a legitimate argument that the verses chosen for use and enforcement are malleable depending on the unrelated personal opinions of the person or group, and those who use the Bible as a cudgel against certain actions based on some verses, are hypocrites for ignoring other verses.

These arguments are less anti-religious, and more an argument for consistency in the application of a supposed authority. So don't take personal offense at these statements, because they are not an attack on religion. And if you don't want to hear someone call you hypocritical, don't pick and choose which verses you wish to rely on while ignoring others.

16. To be honest, I have mixed feelings on this subject. For those who don't know, I am religious. I am a Christian. That doesn't make me perfect, I mean that, you should see me when I war at times, not everything that comes out is holy I believe homosexuality is wrong, not just because the Bible says so, but just because I don't believe in it. That doesn't mean that the gay community shouldn't have the right to get married though. I am actually in support of it. Anyone should have the right to marry who they love, as long as there are consensual feelings back. I don't believe it should be called Marriage though , like Moody was saying earlier, Marriage is a Christian Tradition between a Man and a Woman. I believe it should be called something else so tradition can at the same time stay.
    Those who are saying stuff like "Oh if you're a Christian you better be against bacon and working on the Sabbath. It may shock you but there is scripture that proves that in the Religion when Jesus dies for mankind, the new covenant (laws) were released. In Acts, God tells Peter one day when he was hungry, to literally go cook him up some bacon, I died for that. Lol. If anyone has any questions about this. Pm me. Thanks for reading. I hope I don't offend anyone, this is my opinion ️

17. I would want him to go after her and id just wait to find my true love even though my feelings would probably be hurt.

18. Great topic Seth.

I believe you shouldn't be able to dictate what others do with their lives. Everyone is entitled to their own rights, and everyone should be able to live how they want. Unless of course that means killing and raping people or something of the sort. But same gender marriage is hurting no one. It is their choice and no one else's. Someones opinion shouldn't matter in someone else's life. And someone else's opinion certainly shouldn't rule over someone else's life.

19. but he loves you too, would you reject him? thats telling him that he cant love you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.