Same Gender Marriage [MGTD]

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Seth, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Like I said, I can't confirm nor deny the statistics. And I got a lot of them from memory of something I read years ago. And I assume they defined a homosexual act as gay sex. And i also said I got the numbers wrong. So, I really can't confirm how accurate that is, I'm just putting something out there that might add something to the debate. Sorry about that. And I most likely got those percentages off by a zero or something. Sorry. I'll do better next time I deal with something like that. And yeah, live and let live. The gays will get whatever comes to them in the afterlife, good or bad. As a Christian, my beliefs are simple (at least these are)-

1. I love everyone (not a creepy way, but kinda like brotherly love.)
    2. Just because you are gay, doesn't mean you're going to hell. It's the action of kissing a man in a romantic way, having gay sex, ect. that makes it a sin. If someone has a mental disorder that makes them want to kill everyone they meet, they're not sinners as long as they don't act on those impulses. So us straight Christians are in the same boat, sort of. We want to have sex with members of the opposite sex, but we have to save that til marriage. I'm not saying we always do, but I will, and I assume that a good Christian would do the same. Gays want to have sex with members of the same sex. They can't. Life is a constant battle of self-control. It's how humans are made. I'm not gonna judge a person because of that, I'm not gonna kill them or not be they're friend or anything, I'll accept that person, but I can't accept homosexuality activity as an OK action. It's not. But I will accept the person who has those impulses.

2. I respect all religions. I was just mentioning them since the people who have the most issues with homosexuality are them. They havea right to be against iit just as I SHOULD have the right to marry who I want, regardless of gender.

3. I don't think they should be allowed to get married... They can live together and get whatever tax benefits that a married couple gets, but not married... That's just for a man and woman (in my opinion).

4. That's a good point. You gays and atheists (and others, just the two I can think off the top of my head) mind your business, and we mind our business. And really, with all the problems the world has, (Kimmy and Vlad are gonna blow us to bits, ISIS is gonna chop our heads off, and the US economy is in the trash), I'm not entirely sure if this should be a priority. I'm not saying it should be addressed, but now is not the time. After NK and co. is stopped, economy is fixed, we can figure this out. But to each his own, at least here on Earth, right?

@Asthma,
    I think you're pretty much right. Except for one little thing-
    Same benefits, same life, whatever. But they should have the right to a ceremony, at least for their sake. But yeah, they shouldn't be legally considered married. Also, they should have a social worker to come if they want to adopt or whatever. Not because gays are bad parents, but because we need to make sure them being gay won't have any bad affects on the kid. (I'm not sure about the science about gay-raised children, but I would assume they would be more likely to be gay, but I'm not sure. And it makes sense that a kid would have a bit of trouble without a mother/father at home. It makes some sense. I mean, humans evolved to have a mother and a father to raise them. It's the natural order of things. But I'm not sure. I don't I'm qualified to give real opinions on the science because I don't know about that. I'm just using my own logic. Take that with a grain of salt.). Better safe than sorry, and straight parent a who want to adopt or whatever should be checked out before hand as well, and the social worker should check in every six months or so in both cases, at least for the first 10-12 years or so of life.

5. Two things: please learn English. 2nd: Why are you assuming he is reigious?

6. I don't live in America, I'm in your hat,
    While I do not live on America, my opinion on this will be said, because EVERYONE matters,
    Whether your Gay, Bisexual, Lesbian, Transvestite, sexually attracted to buildings (it's a real thing, look it up),
    I don't care, and no one else should, and if they do, they don't matter, as a great man once said
    "Those who mind, Don't matter,
    And those who matter, Don't mind."
    I personally am for gay marriage,
    And there is a reason for this,
    KaW, I'll let you in on a secret of mine,
    Not many people in real life know this,
    But I'm attracted to other guys...
    (Technically, I'm Bi, but I'm more attracted to other guys).

If you have a problem with that, so be it, because then, to me, you don't really matter (Of course you still matter, but not in the way that I take anything you say seriously...)

I'm proud to say, long live gay rights, even if we aren't aloud to marry each other, We still have love....
    When it comes down to it, love conquers all.

Thank you those who posted in support of gay marriage,
    BUT,
    Thank you to those who posted in opposition, it gave a nice read, and view on how everyone's opinion differs....

And for the record, I'm not in any religion,
    I'm not even Athiest, as to me, that counts as a religion.
    Don't get me wrong though, I respect ALL religion equally, even those who oppress certain ethnicities, sexualities, or genders.
    I just prefer some more then others.

7. Forgot to mention in my post, I prefer to be referred to as queer, that way, I'm not referred to in any of those lgbt roles :p

8. I feel like I might be the minority saying this but.. I dont respect religion. I really dont respect religious people. I really just cant. When you people say things I do is a "sin" like you're somehow able to judge me. When your idiotic bias controls the laws that deny my freedom... To nonexistent hell with all of you.

9. Can you give me some examples from your personal experience? Has a religious person ever come up to you and said that the things you do are sins? And let me guess, you think religion is intolerant, don't you, even though you don't seem to be tolerant of religion? I don't care what you believe in, as long as it ain't hurting anybody, and you ain't making me follow it, I got no problem. To each his own.

10. Religious people have done a lot to me, I'll be honest. Im also aware i'm incredibly biased torwards this subject. I personally believe in nothing. Am gay, if you were wondering. Intolerant. Well, I think people in general can be intolerant. I know I am, personally. I think religion may fuel that though. Religion Give a sort of excuse for people being *******. Im a ********, but at least I realize that. Religious people just think they're right, and tend to have grandiose thought patterns which irks me.

11. Have you been personally affected by a religious person's intolerance? A specific example of a religious person purposely hurting you personally? If you want to know what we actually believe, purchase a Bible, and read the Gospels. John, Luke, Mark, and Matthew. And if you can, tell a priest you're gay, and ask him how he feels. And it won't be so bad.

And also, do you respect me? I am a religious person. Therefore, you hate me and have no respect for me, right? Have I said anything about gays being evil and needing to be discriminated against? Yes or no?

12. Personally? Yes, I have and I don't want to share. Telling anybody religious to have their opinion wouldnt make me feel better because I dont feel bad to begin with. I wouldnt say I hate you, I'd say I dont respect what you believe in, and therefore I dont respect you. -homedawg76 different account :)

13. And i don't think you've said anything very harsh. On the contrary you seem like a nice person, but for you to even consider it a sin is enough to disgust me. Enough to make me lose respect for you. That word, "sin". Its demeaning.

14. I forgot this forum is mostly conservative. Its quite amusing seeing your honest opinions. Some of them are pretty hilarious.

15. As I said before, I enjoy this type of thread. I was not around during the civil rights movement and debates against interracial marriage. So I never saw all the naked fear and hatred towards a group of people, or heard all these fake arguments the first time around.

I think people in the future will react to these current arguments with the same disbelief and revulsion that we feel when we listen to the arguments made against interracial marriage in the past. And the people who spew such nonsense will be glad they did so in an era when they weren't disdained for their bigoted opinions and comments.

It's all the same, but this time, I get to see it firsthand. Proud to see this happen during my lifetime at a time when I can appreciate it. Just sorry for those who have to fight so future generations will have a modicum of acceptance.

16. Like to make an apology. I've made 3 very long and opinionated comments on this post so far and have thought about making many more. I could literally go all day I realised. That's not right, especially as a Christian. Don't need to be arguing and defending ourselves. If you have read most of these pages and are still arguing then you have taken up a stance. You know the arguments for and against it and made a decision. God designed this whole thing to be a choice, to be hot or cold. Who am I to argue with someone who has (intentionally or not) done what God wanted, made a choice, just because my choice is different? There's a difference between answering someone who genuinely wants answers and arguing with someone who has an opinion opposite to yours for the sake of proving who is right.

Hope you all have a lovely day, thanks for making me think a bit , cheers

17. Tysond, that is one of the most sensible posts in this whole thread. That same thought was going through my head, thank you for voicing it here.

18. That this is even a topic shows how far behind the human race really is.
    How someone else's marriage to whom ever they chose to be with is anyone elses business but the two involved, is beyond rationalizing.
    Love is love. #NoH8 

19. So you're saying that you hate a Christian automatically if they don't now down and obey you above the core tenets of their religion which states that homosexuality is wrong, but you hate them. You hate them because they'll stick up for their faith and say that we do not agree with you about that belief. And yet you are so supportive of a pizza place getting closed because of death threats to the owners because they stuck to their guns about their beliefs? You're saying it's okay to hate multiple groups of people just because they don't mindlessly obey to your whims like a slave? If you hold these beliefs, then you hate me. If you hold these beliefs, then you hate me for going to church. If you hold these beliefs, you have no right to complain about religious people not respecting you. You want respect? Than be the better man than the people you say "are so intolerant and I have no respect for" and respect and tolerate them. If you want respect from that particular community, tolerate them. Respect them. Show a little bit of love. Love thy enemy, right? Love thy neighbor? And I don't want to sound rude, but if you don't respect us Christians, there's a way to help you get some respect for and from us.

20. Frank you seem to think the world is very black and white.
    I don't dislike Christians who are opposed to same sex marriage I accept that it's a religious belief.
    However I don't think your religion should be used to justify denying the rights to one segment of the population it's your religion not mine.
    As for hating Christians nope not my thing either I've met good people with faith and seen some horrendous acts done in it's name I recognise that they aren't the same people doing both.
    You want to go to church all good you want to tithe money and help in a soup kitchen even better you want to lead a good life with out hate that's just great. But don't justify denying people you've never met the chance to share their love and raise a family together based on the believe you espouse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.