Riddles!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AR-_-REAPER-_-AR, Dec 28, 2014.

1. I know that the captain can take 98 and give 1 to another and 1 to a second but I forget how

2. By giving 1 to two other pirates they have more coins than the other two (excluding the captain) keeping the captain inboard by majority?

3. Yeah I know this one I mean it wasn't exactly the same but it was similar in a different scenario

4. 40,

Give two other pirates 30 each so they think its a fair deal (captain gets more because he is the captain). 3-2 voting so it will pass

5. Wouldn't it be 58? So the other 2 pirates get 21 each which is slightly more than 1/5 so they think they are favoured?

6. Forgot to say about the hierarchy in the proposal and that each vote relies on one pirate being willing to kill another for his share.as such captain proposes 98 for himself assuming
    Pirate 2 will want him dead but pirate 3 will want twos share and as such done to the end. So captain allocates to 3 and 5 knowing they will kill for 2 and fours share ( which is zero ) yet they don't know that so he secures two votes and has the casting vote. So he survives
    2 4 die and and the remainder have 1 coin each.

7. But then wouldn't they just overrule the captain to get more coins then 1

8. Maximum 52 for captain, this creates 5 people. 52 for captain 13/25th for captain- that means the four other pirates create a share of 12 each-

4x12= 48 52= 100
    More than half say 'Aye' - 3 people- and the other 2 (as greedy a they are) say no as they want the captains share- but the 2 who say 'Aye' know that making the captain walk the plank means the chance of them waking the plank next is improved by 5%, therefore the 2 crew members who said 'Aye' decide to take what they can.

9. 5 people... Does that include captain?

10. Yes

11. RIDDLE #7
    #6 Winner: lIIllIIll-WAR-lIIIllIl

There are twenty coins sitting on the table, ten are currently heads and tens are currently tails. You are sitting at the table with a blindfold and gloves on. You are able to feel where the coins are, but are unable to see or feel if they heads or tails. You must create two sets of coins. Each set must have the same number of heads and tails as the other group. You can only move or flip the coins, you are unable to determine their current state. How do you create two even groups of coins with the same number of heads and tails in each group?

12. This is a trick question:

Take your gloves off and divide the coins to the right stacks

13. Move ten coins to one side and flip them all over, leaving the rest as they were.

14. Push all coins off the table

15. I think we have a winner

16. If these are regular coins with head on one side and tail on the other, then make two equal stacks. Now each stack has ten tails and ten heads. Problem solved.

Ps, what was the correct solution for the previous riddle?

17. Oooooorrrrr:

Feel the coins with other parts of your body (chin, feet, toes, lips, nose, etc.) to find out its current state and divide them in the correct stacks

18. Or have someone do it for you....

19. And take the blindfold off :lol:

20. Well. When you put it that way. Then yeah. What he said.