Riddles!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AR-_-REAPER-_-AR, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Air

2. There are many combinations possible (like 72,1,1 ; 36,2,1 etc) but only two such combinations add up to the same number (8,3,3 and 6,6,2 both add up to 14). Since the man said he needed more information even after knowing the sum of their ages, it must have been because of this ambiguity. So the answer is 8,3,3 as there has to be ONE oldest child (who likes strawberries)

3. RIDDLE #3
    #2 Winner: GandalfTheDark

A man worked at a high security institution. The man tried to log into his computer and the computer denied the password. He then remembered that the passwords to the computers were reset every month for security reasons. He called his boss for his new password.

The man said, "Boss, my old password is out of date, I need a new one."

The boss said, "Yes, it is. The new password is different, but if you listen closely to me talk, you will be able to figure out the new one. Your new password has the same amount of letters as the old one, and four of the letters are the same."

The man then logged into his computer with no trouble. What was the new password? What was his old?

4. Well this is a long shot but is it : different
    His boss said listen closely yes the password IS different. It's the same logic why people have "password" as their password. (when you type the password most pcs say "type password" as for the other one.... I dunno

5. The password is different, but not why you think.

The mans old password was "Out Of Date" which has 9 letters.
    "Different" also has 9 letters.
    4 of the letters are the same, just compare the two phrases/words.
    *T *F *D *E
    The four letters that are similar.

6. Well if we get to the same answer with two different methods surely it must be right

7. Yep yep

8. RIDDLE #4
    #3 Winner: The_Behinner

A man wanted to go into the night club. He went up to a guard standing at the front door. "Whats the password?" the guard asked him. The man did not know. He hid behind bushes to figure out. Another man went up to the guard. The guard said twelve. The man said six. He was let in. After that, another man came up. The guard said six, the man said three. He was also let in. The man hiding was feeling satisfied that he knew the answer; he went up to the guard. The guard said ten. The man said five, but he was not let into the night club. What should the man should've said, and why?

9. The man should have said "three". TWELVE has six letters, SIX has three letters, and TEN has three letters as well. Instead of it being half of the number said, it was simply the number is letters in the word of that number.

10. ** Number of letters ^^

11. RIDDLE #5
    #4 Winner: xFx_ATOM_xFx

This past weekend, Dr. Riddler invited a group of friends to a party of puzzles and games. During the night, Dr. Riddler presented a "special riddle" to his guests. Whoever figured it out fastest would win a great prize!

The six guests who attended were Calvin Peterson, Florence Oak, David Gardner, Lester Page, Joel Pastor, and Veronica Andrews. After a lavish dinner and a few more hours of puzzle fun, Dr. Riddler began to announce the name of the person who figured out the "special riddle:"

"OK now everyone...!"
    "The winner of..."
    "'The Hardest Riddle Ever' Event..."

But before the good doctor could congratulate the winner, a loud noise from outside interrupted him. However, everyone knew who had won.

Who won and how do you know this?

12. Florence oak; first letters of words in each line, 1,2,3

13. How does that work when I read it I noticed 123 but how does that help

14. I think it's because ok sounds like oak

15. The acronym for each line is an acronym for a number.
    Ok Now Everyone
    The Winner Of
    The Hardest Riddle Event Ever
    Florence Oak : Ultimate Riddler

16. Mind=Blown
    Illuminati confirmed

18. RIDDLE #6
    #5 Winner: XMAS_poo

Five pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all extremely intelligent, treacherous and selfish (especially the captain).

The captain always proposes a distribution of the loot. All pirates vote on the proposal, and if half the crew or more go "Aye", the loot is divided as proposed, as no pirate would be willing to take on the captain without superior force on their side.

If the captain fails to obtain support of at least half his crew (which includes himself), he faces a mutiny, and all pirates will turn against him and make him walk the plank. The pirates start over again with the next senior pirate as captain.

What is the maximum number of coins the captain can keep without risking his life?

19. I used to know this one