[RESOLVED] The Sleeper of Elrengoth Forest

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Nov 9, 2016.

1. The reward chips not allowing me to upgrade levels, current only showing option to use dew which changes the gear lol I almost lost my helm

2. Same here can't upgrade eq

3. Wasn''t there supposed to be a key for those chests? Like the Volknight one?

4. I failed 3 enchantments in a row, and I've seen some that failed multiple times without success as well

5. Resolved? You have me 7 bark instead of 10 that's not resolved

6. Dew is the only thing showing in the mage for my event eq too.

7. Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] The Sleeper of Elrengoth Forest

Just upg your castle

8. Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] The Sleeper of Elrengoth Forest

If my proposed system is implemented then this won't be a problem and will give smalls a chance to grow to their mage.

9. STILL no equip..ow long till drop?

10. I had over 10k dew and had my correct item for a very short while. After getting the item I spent the dew on upgrades (on market place) and have only 44 left. What item will I get when this is fixed, for collecting over 10k or for the remaining 44 items? I sure there are many more out there on the same circumstances.

11. i did not get my silver bars from the event, not unlocked enough lands yet.

what a bs game

no response from feedback

12. Re: [KNOWN ISSUE] The Sleeper of Elrengoth Forest

No we want a break from events so we all can do some clan building n have a rest. 11 events back 2 back. Give yourself es sometime to read the massive amount of feed back players have given about different styles of events. Like one that are clan based were all clan work towards a goal

13. While you're at it, dear developers, please take a break and review your development process and code quality standards. You've been pushing event updates out so fast that your quality has dropped significantly. This last event's problems should be a big wake up call for you.

Let me help you win this:

1. You need to create and enforce a consistent style sheet when presenting equipment and other stats. Each level of this even's equipment was clearly developed by different developers or else the developer paid no attention to what stat should be displayed where to make it readable and consistent. You can see this especially in the preview page. You also need to make sure that the info on items, equipment, etc. does not run off the screen or over top of other text, as in the build stats on Osmon Rai. Here again, a style sheet helps you avoid unreadable results.

2. The event wrapup/endgame should have been tested prior to release to make sure this complex of a drop and upgrade combination would actually work. This is where you really need to slow down and make sure you're setting yourself up for success not failure by running test scenarios in a staging environment and using Monte Carlo analysis methods. You had multiple mistakes here that have really crushed your value proposition to your customers and put a huge dent in your credibility with your user community.

3. Testing and quality assurance should have caught most if not all of the recent events' blatant cut/paste errors plus enforcing style consistency for stats. These lapses are really embarrassing for a code shop.

The end result is a serious drop in your image, the value of your product and the credibility of your company. People may feel a lot less inclined to spend money especially if these kinds of quality problems continue. More critically is the word of mouth that spreads through social media putting off potential customers from coming in.

Businesses and their members make mistakes but part of a proper business growth cycle is analyzing results and making improvements. Refer to the Deming Cycle, which is what allowed Toyota to crush the Detroit auto manufacturers in the late 70s as a salient example of what happens when a business lets quality slip for too long.

Don't despair, this is not the end of your business. Just take some time to think through what you're doing and make sure you recommit to delivering a quality product the first time, every time. Remember, Apple had quality problems too in their early days (Google the Apple lll also known as the popcorn popper) but they fixed them and went on to become a powerhouse in the electronics and computers industry.

14. I still havent reciebed my item

15. I never recieved item

16. I still have not gotten my trinket reward as outlined being a reward for the fullmoon dew, which is still in my inventory.

17. You won't be getting the trinket, because you got the arms. Only 1 piece of equipment was given out.

18. Still patiently waiting for my item here ...

20. So I had a maxed out staff. Now I have nothen, I can't see what I was saposed to receive.