Refugee crisis

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -WinterKnight-, Sep 5, 2015.

1. You are a privileged coward who ignores the reason why international law created plans and shelters for Refugees.

Compassion of them does not breed blindness to the situation at hand. Sleeper Cells and Moles can get in a number of ways. Simply denying Refugees does not fix this issues.

Throughout you eventually talk about the financial concern of the Refugee camps. Refugee camps and shelters are funded by the country they take refuge in, but there is also an international pool as well as a large number of charitable organizations that help fund, work, and make things easier.

Now the charities are spread thin and the nations housing them do have to spend the bulk of the money, it is still cheaper than sending boots to the nations and the Refugee expense is part of the military cost of the war.

Now, let's talk about the cells and moles.

Refugees are not citizens of the nation they take refuges in. They are not always allowed to be in many parts of the country and in some nations they are segregated from the population. There is a lengthy process from refugees to get their visa's to go out into that nation.

It's not simply, hey welcome to Europe or welcome to North America, here's your refugee pass, have fun in our country, please don't bomb us.

No. They stay in camps and designated communities for a long time. Many stay there for their entire stay. They do this so they can send them back home once the crisis has ended.

Your entire fright about the terrorist is moronic, that is not a hit of your overall intelligence, it just shows your fear of a terrorist allows you to blindly disregard the life's of others.

I bet if your nation dropped down into hell you would love to be a refugee instead or wondering if a bomb or domestic terrorist will kill you and your family or force your ass to fight for them.

The rights and treatment of refugees is a just right and one all may, hopefully not, can use. I just hope if that day ever comes, you are welcomed into a land or nation who's population is much more open minded than yours.

2. Well said. I have disagreed with you more than once but here.
    Total support. Makes me ashamed to be a part of this community seeing the blatant hatred and disgust. Some responses are as extreme as the terrorists that force the crisis.

3. It's not hatred and disgust. And I'm not saying don't help them. I love all people. Even the ones I disagree with, I just like people. I like hearing their stories, and generally just being around them. regardless of race.

And I'm not saying not to help them at all. But you cannot shove them all down Britain's throat, and you cannot shove them all down anybody's throats.

It is human nature to help somebody. And if I saw a refugee family out on the street right now, with starving children, I would most certainly, without a doubt, bring them into my home and help out however I could.

But these are millions of people. With Terrorists possibly in there. The solution isn't simply welcome them in with open arms. That's inviting financial trouble, crime trouble, and radical terrorism into your homeland. These people need a system. Camps. Communities of their own for this to work for the moment. Money is short everywhere. Hardly anybody except Saudi Arabia has that money, and they aren't exactly welcoming them.

I understand that these people are fleeing from something terrible. There are Christians in there. Muslims. Everyday people who are escaping what is akin to the apocalypse in their home. They do need help. But we need to go about it rationally. Equally disperse them, instead of flooding some countries with millions of people, some of which could possibly radical terrorists, who could seriously damage things.

It isn't hatred. It isn't disgust, at least where I stand. It's common sense. They need checked, they need fed, they need to go somewhere.

The real solution is to wipe out ISIS and stop the problem at it's source, but that won't happen.

4. My break is nowhere near long enough for my response, so I'll be reserving my post for later.
    Zeth, agreed. This isn't turning a blind eye to human suffering, this is realism, at least for me. We can't simply invite them all in. There are far too many, and with people comes loss of money, loss of food, the dangers of the supposed terrorists hiding within, and a lack of space for these people to humanely live in. I'm not saying line them up for a firing squad, but I also don't think we allow them to integrate into any of the European countries. There's more here than just "they're people suffering, everyone open your doors".

5. As another veteran (2 tours Iraq and 1 tour Afghanistan) I couldn't agree with you more.

In all seriousness the almost absolute lack of empathy and the plain as day racism and prejudice is so disheartening.

We cannot let fear be the first thing we cater to when it comes to being human.

6. Castiel, you are dumb to how refugee asylum works and you let fear drive your views. Cowardly. To say it is you being a realist and talking money over life means you also do not understand the national credit system or how the charities work. Your fear of terrorism is possibly a seed or even a root to a growing prejudice that you are developing.

What is the worth of money if it is never used to help those in need?

Also, with all of the things taxes and donations go to, this is a noble cause.

You are also looking at it as a hole before knowing that some of these camps/asylums do make money.

All I have seen is bloated and over exaggerated fear or racism in your post on this topic. Heartless remarks and you use the financial state of the world as an excuse to not spend money.

Money is not the true point of your argument, it is just the the sell point of it. Your fear that one might get you is. Like the monster under your bed. That or you are prejudice because you grew up around the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Call out your "truths" but they are not truths. They are opinions. To which we disagree highly.

7. Your solution is an ongoing mission already in effect and it will not lead to a quick enough end to simply ignore or deny refugee asylum.

The United Kingdoms is not the only nation housing refugees. Much of Europe, Canada, America, Russia, Australia, and Asia are helping these people who are displaced.

You can not let fear be the determining factor in your views towards Refugees.

Trust me Isis is a network group. They will be in The UK, USA, and much of Europe with or without going as refugees. And the refugee entry is a hard process due to how these nations set up their asylums.

Let's use an example. Have you ever met a refugee who just entered your country less than 5 years ago?

8. Support

9. Yes, actually. He was born in Syria and left when it all started going to hell. Speaks perfect English.

It's not fear. Stop throwing that word around like you understand what I mean.
    If there is a mission underway, good.
    If there are camps, good.

10. It amazes me how the anonymity of an online game gives you all the balls to be so blatantly racist and islamaphobic. The least amount of consequences apparently means you must show the least amount of humanity.

11. <insert bait comments>

12. I'm so glad the random internet man understands my life so well.
    You ******* retard.
    You assume I "fear" these possible terrorists, but until now that word hasn't once appeared in my posts. I live an ocean away from all of this, my only fear currently is that my apartment will have some fault I won't notice until I sign the papers. I look at this from the view of a realist, seeing costs and losses, not lives saved and loss. What do you care what I think anyway?
    I somehow doubt my opinion on a tap game, a dying tap game, will influence the ebbs and flows of Syrian society.

13. There is already a treaty in place to spread them across European Union countries. But guess what. They refuse to be sent in East European countries because there will get less wages. If you are a war refugee I think you should be happy to reach to a safe country. Having less opportunities to get rich should be the last concern. Poor people? You guys have any idea how much money they are paying for their guides from their countries to Europe? Thousands of euros. And I said THEIR countries because these immigrants are not coming just from Syria or Iraq. They are coming from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Central Africa aswell. Refugees my ass. Women and children yes. But men? No. They are not refugees. They are just cowards. Running away instead standing their ground and fight for their country. To stand their ground and fight their fight. But no. They run away and let Western World army to spend human lives and money to fight their fight. And in exchange they want to go to those Western World countries and refuse to integrate to Western World culture. To have moschees build and to rage if they are not let to disrespect their women.

14. They don't need anonymity. Trust me. This comment could be reversed as well. Would you walk up to someone who was speaking in a way that doesn't match up with your ideas and start calling them a coward? My guess is only in a controlled setting, or in a place where you knew you had support and outnumber them.

In a 1 on 1 private conversation, face to face would you start calling people a coward and racist for having a different point of view? I try to hold myself to those standards. I think, would I say these things to my neighbor? I try, and that is all we can ask of anyone.

15. That would depend if they are making cowardly or racist comments hydra.
    There is a illusion of anonymity which allows people to behave in a manner that perhaps they wouldn't in real life.
    My question is does that make some people more honest because they feel they can avoid the repercussions of their comments ?

16. Then you would be prepared to have a physical confrontation over political views?

I have spoken with many people. Not online. These comments aren't unique to the internet.

If you start calling me names to my face, you invite that.

17. That's the difference between online "beta" males. And real life "alpha" males.

"Betas" think it's is all game. A joke, a chance to call names. Liberals.

18. I'd like to know why you assume it's only liberals who'd take things as a joke or start calling people names ?

I'd consider my self liberal in many ways but I don't think I've seen more liberals attacking than any others

19. I just posted it. You don't have to clog up the thread with a quote.

Because liberals are "beta" males. Unprovoked name calling is a liberal tactic.

Oh you are a racist, a bigot. You have to think this way or you are a coward that wouldn't say these things unless you are anonymous. Homophobe blah blah blah. All the special names liberals use.

20. Good enough? What would you guys do if they weren't anonymous on here and it was real life?