Rebalancing buildings

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Sorry,

Worded that last part wrong....

No need to think your "build" is the only one with a so-called "flaw".

Just remember....

"Wandering Villagers Are Frickin' annoying"
    --Blumpy

2. It's possible to LOSE when attacking a PURE SPY that has no allies and no defense pots. I've had it happen. Why should it be impossible to win against you? What makes you special?

3. That's exactly what I am saying

4. If the goal is balancing things out, I would make a limitation on builds that everyone would need at Least some attack buildings to prevent farms. If everyone fought for their money the game would improve. (initial intention I believe)

There are other ways of doing so, such as not allowing clan-members to hit each other, etc.
    The reason I said this I'd because game mentioned buildings that lose less troops. I think everyone would go to those because they yeild more per hour when farming.

I think fighting for money was a original KaW idea anyway because there is no fixed income.

5. I have never lost to a pure spy with no allies or pots before. I have, however, been caught spying on someone with 0 spies, allies, and pots.

6. My clan members hve lost to me before when attacking.....I have 0 allies and 0 pots....as well as 0 attack and 0 def....

7. Blumpy, I think it safe to say we can agree to disagree on the tower topic. 

As far as potions I don't believe I have ever discussed cost vs. plunder. Im glad the devs have brought that a bit more in line. What I have discussed is because they are so insanely effective the game has boiled down to a simple who has the most money to buy an infinate supply of potions. 

Because of their effectivness, there is little to no strategy when thinking about builds. The proof is in the developers earlier statement that subs out number all other buildings 10-1. 

You can't just blindly make a defense or mixed building more effective because then you just shift the scale the other way and turn things into a turtle fest. We already have a huge problem that 99% of the time people are hitting clan farms. Let not make that 100%. 

By scaling back potions and making them a value add to an attack and/or defense you naturally make building selection a key factor, not how many potions you have.

If the devs are worried about losing a money sink make other types of potions. For example, maybe a potion of healing. It grants a random regen of troops (100-500). Or a potion of strength that grants a small increase to plunder (again random) so it doesn't become a must on every attack. Another sink could be hire spies to see how many potions a person has.   Maybe an item that granted a small reduction to regen timers for 10 minutes.  There are many more sinks I'm sure the community can think of. 

Bottom line is we cannot blindly increase atk/def on buildings and call it a fixed. Make a build really mean something. Make people think beyond adding 10 potions to their given attack or defense.  

8. And...I get your point..but your potions are heinously overpowered in some cases...regening for gold? Be serious

9. Cor,

what about a patrol tower? How much of a chance does that hve in being considered?

10. To clarify^ everything save prehaps the ability to spy potion total would just be bought with the rest of the atk and def pots.

If they are nerfed in strength they will be bought for the extra edge.

If they are raised in price then only richer kingdoms will win..which may/may not be what you are going for but be advised T3s and L4s make aqquiring potions easy as far as gold intake..if only they can use potions it makes it still used at a higher bracket..

Anywho..

11. Psst, necro, what is forge Lvl3?

Siege Towers?
    Towers with wheels?^

12. Stop arguing about this and watch the USA vs England game!

13. Sure Corin, I agree some maybe to powerful! They are only ideas. It's our job as a community to step forward and discuss ideas to make this game, a games we all enjoy playing, better!

I'm stepping forward and saying the devs idea of just increasing stats on a mixed and defense buildings won't address the root problem. Wil everyone agree with that statement? I'm under no illusion they will.

I'm also challenging our community of players to step forward with their ideas so we can discuss them, both pros and cons.

What can we bring forward to make the game better? To ass strategy back into the thinking of the game?

14. Idk about you kiln, but clan strategy is very much alive. And yes that sometimes requires specialized builds. If anyone wants to argue that point they can pal me.

15. Fair enough. I won't disagree that there are several times, from a wholistic clan perspective, that there is some strategy involved. Do you feel that the devs are on the right track by increasing stats on mixed and def buildings? In your opinon will it solve the 10-1 ratio problem without exaserbating turtling that people already do behind 10 pots? I'd like to hear your view points please. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm open minded enough to listen and admit it if I am.

16. I like the  rebalancing building idea, tx for this and for the good job Kaw 

17. It will change the ratio garanteed.
    For how long is another story.

For example, equal build may give slightly more atk and def but not as much as a atk building. Prehaps the mean average between the 2 currently? To help balance this, plunder from this building may be slightly lesser. For defence buildings again run mean atk bonus between it and the current average troop building and take that added number and add to def end as well. Reduced plunder again maybe.

This will make the builds more appealing but with less attack and plunder than forges but whatever ammount that will make forges still run as built.

The main difficulty is someone saying 'this type of building is the best' and everyone run that type, even if it is balanced ... as far as the Starcraft reference goes, this could be complaints that roaches are overpowered and everyone runs roaches or Protoss mothership rush etc which all are risky counterable build orders..

Also, expect changes among the non LCed first I expect as people will be relunctant to tear down 8subs +

18. Aha. I do like your thinking in that, Corin. If we're going to see and increase in stats but to counter the increase in stats you get less plunder it's a fair trade off. I've never played Starcraft so i'm ignorant to the balancing comment regarding it.

Perhaps you're privy to some insight that I'm not being you're a mod. I read their statement as "we're going to increase stats with no adverse side effect". But if they are going to include perhaps a decrease in plunder to offset the increase in stats I see more of a fair trade off overall.

I guess we'll have to see what they come up with. Thank you for your response.

19. Towers should never give plunder.

I've never seen a tower rolling around and imagining it produces the most retarded image I've ever seen.

20. Hey devs if you see this post then respond. I'm only getting 200 soldiers every 5 minutes and I have alot of forges and cathedrals so I think it's glitched