re: uk you're being ripped off

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by xX_-The_BLADE_RUSH_MaCHiNE-_Xx, Jan 2, 2015.

1. So... you saying that Apple and google are going into every app and determining a separate exchange rate for purchases of items of same dollar price??? You might be a wizard at android settings but clearly totally missing OPs point!

2. I'm not missing any point. Just pointed OP where's the actually the issue. If its just about having a conversation about this issue than its fine. If OP wants to actually get a fix for an Apple issue posting Apple support forums might have better success (i doubt) than posting in KaW ones.

3. It's indeed quite odd as both packages (the 200 nobs and the 32 xtals ones) do also have the exact same price (17,99€) in Euro (on idevices). Why would those be different in another currency?

Funny, but when you make your calculations of price per unit for every package, you find out that nobs are cheapest in the 765 lot, followed by the 10 lot... most expensive unit price would be in the 200 lot.
    As for xtals, the more you buy in a lot, the cheaper they get per unit.

And if you are tempted to buy nobs for regens... just don't, go for xtals instead. Much cheaper price per regen.

4. You want to buy a $1 worth item in an application. The payment is made trough the payment system so currency converstion too. The conversation is made by Apple according to their own exchange rate. And then, and this makes to the discrepancy to be even higher, Apple is applying their price tier system. And sometimes is going on the upper tier instead the lower one.

Want a simple example? If in USA user is paying $1.29 for a song in iTunes, a Switzerland user is paying 2.2 francs for same song. 2.2 francs worth $2.3. That exactly $1 more (or around 70% more).

5. Ok Vlad, but that's not the thing OP is pointing out.

If Song A costs 0,99$ and Song B costs 0,99$ in the US, you would expect them to cost the identical price in Switzerland (be it 1 franc or 2 francs each...). And not Song A 1,5 francs and Song B 2 francs...

6. So now I need a Swiss bank account to play Kaw 

7. In an ideal world where common sense exist, yes. Let's take your example. The $1 song. Now let's convert that to Euro. Is around 0.65 euro cents. But then the Apple price tier enter in equation and price it at 0.89euro (the lowest price tier). So far so good, even if europeans are paying slightly more for that $1 worth item. Now let's assume that we have 0,9euro=$1 as exchange rate. Now your 0.9euro worth items (song A and song B) are placed by Apple payment system in an price tier which can be 0.89euro for Song A or 1.79euro for Song B. That's 0.9euro difference between two songs on European market even if in US Store those songs costs the same.
    That's a problem that exist since iTunes was launched.

9. Only if you want to pay more.

10. easy solution to this: log in to the pc version and buy your packs where there is no % going to Apple or Google or whoever, just goes straight to the devs pockets

11. regardless of who is responsible for conversation rates, this is an advertising problem.

if $19.99 = x amount in euro currency (determined by the app store), then all items listed at $19.99 should be the same after the conversion.

12. I am curious to know what device op is on, KaW accounts on UK iDevices have the prices in GBP already so wouldn't see USD beforehand.

if on androids that have different app stores (google play and Amazon store) then the difference most certainly comes down to the stores currency exchange rates, and must be taken up with said stores. as was previously mentioned devs have no say in the stores setting their price and % of sales

13. If you paying with credit/debit cards or paypal BEST thing you can do is log in PC and buy from there instead of buying from the device .. 

14. Punctuation. Please. It's a thing.

15. Yup... this is basically what it is and the problem OP has identified.... Vlad needs to understand this!!

16. Re: re: dollars and pounds

That made my day

17. Try doing this yourself first! Click on so you buy anything from website..... just gives you palpay. Values in dollars.... even in select UK pounds just gives u dollars..... no conversation rate so this line of thought is irrelevant!

18. sure it's relevant, he was asking why there was a difference...if he wants no difference pc version is the way to go.

and if you look at my post after that, I queried which device he was using and offered an explanation as to the difference.

19. Vald is saying ATA can't fix it so spamming them is pointless... And apples takes 30% of ATA cut on sales last I was aware I'm not sure about Google.