Raise New Player Starting Price

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Zethro, Oct 8, 2020.

1. I apologize in advance you won’t be astounded by the quality of this thread, hopefully the idea is good enough to do the talking.

It seems long overdue, but why have Devs not raised the starting price of new players? A 10,000 start price is brutal for both parties, the player has to beg for a volley and gains next to nothing for the first hundred hires, and the established players don’t want to waste 15 minutes and countless clicks plus restarting the app if it bugs out.

Devs can just add the gold total they’d gain from the hiring to the lump sum gold (I believe?) new accounts already start with, nobody can complain over new accounts getting 50mil extra or whatever meager amount that is.

I brought this up in world chat and someone brought up a valid point that new players need fellow cheap allies to hit MP when starting out, but giving them the gold upfront seems to solve that since they can afford exactly what they would’ve had they gotten collies from 10k. Additionally, devs wouldn’t be raising the cost of existing cheap allies that are inactive, just new accounts.

I don’t know throw some ideas in the comments about possible issues you think of or your thoughts on an optimal starting price to change to. 1 billion sounds good to me currently.

I think this is a valid quality of life fix and hopefully the devs come across it.

CrazyTaco, Mr_clean and Thrawn like this.
  2. So what you are saying basically is not only do we give a new account pots all first lands open and with a little bit of luck 1.3 t to build and free trader tokens to also build we give them a pot of gold to ? Why not and this is right out there why not just BC them and save them the hassle of even playing kaw!

3. They doesn't mention giving players 1.3T etc, all he said was 50m to help them afford an ally at the start of the game. Personally I've started many accounts from scratch and those first few days really are difficult to progress through, especially if you aren't familiar with the game mechanics and have issues getting into clans (clan stat requirements have gotten crazy recently).

As for the 1.3T, you make at least 2T per eb if you want to, so I don't know why that's an issue. Yes it's technically gold inflation but honestly 1.3T per new player is nothing compared to the gold sucked into the game on a premium weekend. If anything having more players in the game will help combat the inflation issue.

Edit. Changing the starter hire price to 100m doesn't give the new player an advantage, if anything this means they'll get hired less in that first volley spree causing them to lose out on a few million. The 10k starter prize was designed in a time where EBs didn't exist and pvp didn't always pay well. The tutorial system, starter mechanics and a few other things are highly overdue being redesigned to match the new KaW.

CrazyTaco likes this.
  4. A new player to Kaw can reach 15mcs within the first 2 hours with a bit of luck! A few extra million at the start means little when he can get his first event reward in under a hour, 1.3 t for a decent plunder allie is easy to get! If anything Kaw should return lowland pay to open ! Already massive growth is easy thru cp and trader tokens

5. You are missing the point, this doesn’t give new players any advantage. Volleying new players is already a custom in the game. That player will already get the 50mil or whatever amount in gold within 15-20 minutes, and they’ll already get it by having to do nothing but sit back and get hired. This doesn’t give new players and advantage really, it’s for you and me and Valk to not have to waste, emphasis on waste, 15 minutes volleying a player up from an antiquated 10,000 start price

6. Additionally, I have never heard anyone say that it is too easy to build a competitive account up from scratch nowadays. It took us all years to build our accounts and the vast majority of us have spent tons of money, a new player being at 15mcs in 2 hours means they have about 18 months left of high activity before they are relevant. But I digress, again that’s not the point of this thread this is for a simple quality of life fix that benefits all parties

ANCienT likes this.
  7. Don't do it then! I use the time to chat to the new player, explain a few points about the game and so on ! And your right the only person who benifits is the players doing the volly ! But already Kaw is littered with overpriced zero stats accounts ! Why add more to the pile !

8. Yes but someone has to do it, if you’ve been monitoring world chat the new players have to beg for vollies because NO ONE wants to do it. Also, I don’t think overpriced zero stat accounts is a pressing issue for KaW. This game dies if new players dry up just like every other game, creating a better starting experience for them while also eliminating a hassle for the existing player base seems like a no brainer.

Do you really have an issue with this or are u just looking to argue? As long as it’s constructive I’ll keep giving my counterpoints.

Thrawn likes this.
  9. Ok point one, a better starting experience, already they get 24 lands open, they get within a short space of time enough to be 15mcs I can often get a noob to 15 MCs within a hour or so! Raising the starting price benifits no one except the guy doing the volly ! A few taps is all it takes to get a guy up to one or two tril ! So we already have an over Inflated Allie market and you want to add to it ! No thanks

10. Agree with op. I think 1b is a little high though honestly, I'd rather see 1-10m. Still takes away a ton of useless hires, but keeps smaller/newer accounts more affordable for newbs. 1b is more than it feels like for smalls.

11. Enter any price from 100k upwards and see the dead accounts! And you want to just make them more expensive!

12. Well, yeah, duh. Clearly nobody is bothering to hire those accounts anyways. Might as well make them useful for one thing: volleying. 😄

13. Because they are zero stats dead accounts raising the starting price beinifits no one ! If an account is going to be half decent do your homework and make it worthwhile doing a volly

14. So each event Kaw force us to buy worthless allies to complete a section of current event! How much would you like to waste buying them ? Maybe a starting price of 1t maybe?

e likes this.
  15. Idk, you might want to do your homework, volleying statless accounts is pretty common. Having statless accounts is also unavoidable, and I'd sure rather start a volley on one from 1b than 10k.

You seem oddly butthurt about this subject. Who scammed you on a volley recently, friend?

17. 😂Ikr! I appreciate the activity he bought to the thread but I am not sure where such anger is coming from. If it helps draw attention to the idea though, I am all for it.

Thrawn likes this.
  18. I will leave you with an aged saying! A wise saying probably one you will fail to understand! But a fool and his money are easily parted!

19. Agreed! New players should start with more gold. You already get 24 lands and have the ability to build a tier 3 or 4, level 3 bldg?, sorry, been years since I have built anything on ll and hl. I mean, who wants to have all lands explored, just to build small bldgs that you are going to have to tear down and rebuild later?

Pretty sure I probably missed the point, but that is my .02 cents worth.

Thrawn likes this.