Proposal to Make a Mismatch EE fun for the Losers

Discussion in 'Wars' started by The_Philosopher, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Excellent ideas IMO.

2. Hmmm idea. Feedback?

Just a random idea that popped into my head.

What if the type of build you had also dictated this random regen and regen in general?

It would make scouts more useful and add more work for trackers making the overall war experience more complex. This war the random regen could still be assessed by the clan but would take extra skill.
    Probably to complicated

Obviously this wont happen but it sounds cool.

3. Wow, awesome ideas!! Full support on both of them 

4. Look at mikedawg's example.

His clan managed just a little over 500 actions or 17.5 actions per member. With a minimum of 6 KOs per member, each member averaged a little over 2 actions per regen. (Remember most of those actions came at start of war). Basically, they were pinned the moment they regened. On the other hand their enemy has nearly 3000 actions or 100.5 per member. They spent most of the time unpinned. I doubt the losing side had much motivation after being pinned instantly after regen.

My proposal is not to find a way to let weaker, undeserving clans win, but allow them to at least PaRticipate in the war a little longer than just 5min over two hours. Spending 100 min in a 120min war pinned is a much better experience than spending 115 min pinned in a 120 min war.

5. something you're not taking into consideration is that its successful actions, not just actions in general. they may have only had that many successful actions but that doesn't tell you how many were actually attempted.

6. Support a random timer, coming out of KO in the 12-17min'ish range. It would make things a little more interesting IMO and allow you to get some shots in when you ate getting trounced.

7. You spelled S.O.T.R.A wrong, Moose... Now we are coming for ya
    Jk ;)

No support for both ideas :|

1. It would be okay if there is only a ~2min time window when you could come out of ko (like Moose said) but a 15min time window would destroy all war tactics and strategies.

2. A 1/2 bar of troops when someone is coming out of ko would be too hard to beat for you or your enemy. You have to use atleast 1/2 of your troops too, to ko this player again.

8. @shadow

It would destroy all PRESENT war strategies. What do you do then? You make NEW ones. SW survived for two years with no trackers. EE would survive as well. Strategies are not something written in stone. I find these EE wars too mechanical, SW involved lots of innovation and imagination. EE could use more of that, instead of some tracker telling you the exact moment someone comes out of pin.

9. @shadow

Point two. Problem is that it is too easy now. Ko a guy in under ten seconds of recovering? C'mon, there is no sport in that. Kaw is supposed to be hard. Hard is what makes it great. Also it is not just one guy koing another. They are gang ups of 7-8 guys on one.

10. The only reason why you are being ganged upon by 7-8 guys is because you're not doing it right.
    The devs have made a matchmaking system for a reason. You are matched to similar strength.
    You philosopher or iprophet need to war with a proper commander who understands how to utilise everyone's strengths

11. I am confused on how iProphet got brought up in this lol. He's a great commander imo

12. If so many people are sitting on you and you can't hit anybody, your opponent clan is just better organised or stronger than yours. That's all.

Lets say you ko your enemy. This player has now a 15 mins time window to come out of ko with 1/2 troops (your proposal) and lets say he comes out of ko after 5 minutes. He got now 1/2 troops within 5 mins! But that's not all... Lets say he does a sko now and he'll be out of ko in 5 minutes again! Now 5 minutes will past and he'll be out of ko and will have 1/2 troops. He will do another sko and he will be out of ko in 5 minutes again (coincidences happen) and so on and so on....
    This means it is possible to do 13 full unloads in a 2h war!

I think that would be really unfair! It would not be just unfair, it would destroy ever strategy in this game/war forever.

13. Support of the general idea, but changes are a definite. For instance, I believe that the random regen idea should be much smaller. 5-8 mins would fit as it appears that many here have forgotten that this would apply to both clans, so until there is a huge gap in plunder, it would make the job of both clans harder.

14. If your in ko all match your eeing wrong, last fight vs apoc they had more ppl + stronger and we beat em in tge end (respect). You need to think about how your warring, and random timers give the ko/ghansel clan the advantage due to lag. Check our history, we hardly ever stronger then rca (major respect to them, theve changed strats a bit and are extremely dangerous)

15. @shadow

The resurrection from ko is random. It won't be 5 min everythime c it may be 20mim.

16. Remember in this scenario he better organized clan will still win. However the weaker clan would be given an extra few seconds to actually enjoy the war they are losing lol

17. I agree to one or the other it is a giant pain in the ass to literally get a single action before pinned (if your lucky) I don't mind having to rush and fight for my sko but if I'm down b4 I can hit atk while camping on someone it is a bit ridiculous. I support a 2-5 minute random timer the most it would help allow some extra actions but not break trackers entirely. I've only been in two really fun EE wars and its a bit sad since I've been in quite a few.

18. @The_Philosopher

I already said it. Coincidences happen...
    And why should the devs give the worse clan a bonus so they can "enjoy" the war? Why should you sign up for an ee war if you don't enjoy it?

19. 1. Support concept. half your troops is likely too much. If the match is at all reasonable, other team will also be low when you are KO'd, and regen to only 1/4 troops so you will emerge from KO with nearly twice as many troops as they have.

2. No Support. While I agree current timers too good, this proposal simply require much more sweeping KOs (boring) and would encourage bar-code names from everyone to make identification of incoming easier.

I like #1 because it helps make the wars closer, dislike #2 because I believe it would have the unintended consequences of increase the tedious aspects of the war.

20. No support. It takes skill and determination to pin a whole clan. Your ideas make it luck