Proposal: Run Clan/Individual Wars Together

Discussion in 'Wars' started by War-Kage, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Kage in theory its a great idea

The issue though is you then create a very diluted version of both wars

Most the nm are down to lack of clans signing up , running both concurrently will dilute the sign up issue even more

And there is nothing more frustrating than spending hours on a roster to get a nm - again

Its also open to more abuse where clans purposely get a nm to refresh their edge - less warring clans = more chance of a no match

Once people regain trust in EE wars again and in the future as more want to war , maybe it could be work 

2. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Vix,

I disagree, but based on my long-term hope. My preferred solution would be to give those clans that can and want to war as a clan, the chance to do so. But if they choose not or cannot get a clan team together (or they nm), then give them the chance to participate in the indivual wars by leaving clan within X minutes of a clan no match and then be placed in individual wars.

My hope would be that BOTH types of wars become stronger as a result. For the novice learning about EE, the individual wars would be a training ground to build experience, get your war build worked out (I think everyone who wants to compete at the highest levels of EE agrees that an EB build is NOT a good build for war--but your mileage may vary), learn clan coordination, and skills such as WL and TK. All good things in a training arena. After you have "learned the ropes" so to speak, then join a clan (or create your own) for clan-based wars to take your game to the next level.

If it were to work out that way, you would eventually have MORE clans warring, not fewer, in the long run. Admittedly this is my hope for the future, but as Yogi Berra once famously said, "It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future."

Cheers,

Kage

3. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

I want both wars - i want people to have the choice , but i think running the two together just wouldnt work - and it doesnt solve stacking of SH or lb

I honestly think a diluted version of indie wars might also lead to a stacked roster too

But as number of sign ups increase - it is something that could feasibly work in the future 

4. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

You know I love ya, Vix, even if i disagree with you sometimes. :D

Back on page 5, I concede that running both rosters together does not solve the LB/SH stack. But the devs have said they are working on that and I give them the benefit of the doubt (although others scoff at giving them that benefit).

What this does do, until the dev fix is in place, is allow all people to war (clan based or individual). I also think that a high percentage of the people who cast for war with a clan--but get a no match-- will opt to participate in the individual wars because they simply enjoy warring. This will sprinkle people who are experienced in clan-based warring among all the individual war clans and hopefully they will share some experience.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I know many experienced players who are sitting out individual wars because they think they are akin to a lottery. If you get lucky and have fewer (insert your preferred term here--leaky builds, PS who didn't drop attack, noobs, whatever) you win. They believe, rightly or wrongly, that very few of the individual wars are won with skill, but mostly by the luck of the draw. I would like to see those players back to regular warring.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,

Kage.

5. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Support.

But the most notable issue would be the smaller applicant pool for both war types.
    However, I have been finding an increasing number of players who choose one or the other. "I won't risk my EE in an Indy war with noobs" versus "I won't lose my EE to a stacked clan slaughtering me, I'd rather have a chance to win".

A solution to this would be that No Match clans get put into the Indy applicant pool automatically. At least for the first few, until the devs can see if there are enough applicants to sustain both types at the same time.

Thank you.
    RZ

6. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Support.

7. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Support

8. Re: Why not both? (Clan Wars and Individual Wars)

Shameless BUMP.

9. Re: Dear Devs: run Clan/Individual Wars together

This.

10. Last bump for opinions . . . then I let it die if it gets no traction.

11. Support for the above proposal