Proposal for different clan structure #2

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Kezzer, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Original thread here.

Recently I have been reading into what people have to say on the new clan structure and although there is some positive feedback a lot of it was negative. The main gripes people had was with the lack of balance, mainly with who had the ability to let new members in and who could kick. Now that the current developer setup is in place it will be very difficult to drastically change the layout without scrapping a lot of the work already put in.

(I have ignored the issue with cost as it was a necessary evil in my opinion)

In the table above there are a few changes.

• Chargehand removed and replaced with Booster/Secondary rank (explained below) This was a rather pointless rank on its own as although it has some of the most powerful privileges in the clan it lacks most of the weaker ones which in the majority of cases are needed in higher number.

• All ranks except soldier now have access to enable join requests and accept applicants. This is a key feature for most clans and not allowing more ranks access to this is hurting clans especially those still growing. This also allows smaller clans to assign cheaper ranks to people which still have the ability to let new players in which is key to growth.

• Booster/Secondary rank implemented (blue in the table.) This allows the Owner/Warlord to apply a secondary rank on top of the original rank they have excluding the soldier rank. This means that the ability to kick being enabled is an option for specific individuals below the rank of War Chief
      This would have the same cost to that of the Chargehand and those with Chargehand ranks already unlocked would receive that many Booster/Secondary ranks for free.

There will be no limit to the number of people who can be assigned this Booster/Secondary rank. To prevent gold wastage however there will be a limit that prevents you from buying more than the number of ranks this is applicable to in the clan structure (42 currently)

This is an alternate structure to the one proposed above with the only change being that the ability to mute is also added to the Booster/Secondary rank. This in my opinion isn't needed as much however I added as another alternative that people can input feedback on.

2. Support, anything is better than this 

3. No support.
    Let current clan culture that we just received to grow a bit and adjust. Quality changes need to be made but for now we shouldn't dive head deep into changing again so quickly.
    There is a lot of stuff lined up to be released in the next few months, just as has been in the last several month(free noob earning option, lowland wars, silver bars and such).

Patience and strategy is key.

KANNEY
    INC.

4. Owner or a council runs a clan n what does it matter about who is what title anyways?

5. You made yer' self a good thread here

6. The symmetry of the roles is easy to use.
    My only reason why to keep as is.

7. I still think my clan structure should be used, the ability to make your own rank names and be able to set them to what you want.

8. Nice work Kezzer!!!

9. Nice. Full support.

10. U wot? Kezzer alt

11. Lol no. He's Victor to my Victoria.

12. More ranks need to be able to kick lower ranked members. In a clan full at 100 and cycles out inactive guests multiple times a day, it is very heavily reliant on just a few members to do this when it used to be the job of all admins.

13. This is why I added the ability to assign the Booster/Secondary rank which is an additional rank on top of what rank you had before (excluding soldier.) This allows all ranks to be given the permission to kick if the owner permits it.

As Kezarah says I am the male Kez and she is the female Kez. We are completely different people :p

14. There is features that roles should have. I fully agree that every admin deserves to accept and reject players that wants to join. Every admin role should be able to start epic battles. That's what mainly a admin should do of everyday kaw. But tell me more kez about giving this 'Mute Button' to every role that I'm not 100% on.

15. Picture it this way. You have the ability to assign a primary and a secondary rank to each member of your clan. If you assign them a rank that doesn't have the ability to kick members then you can optionally assign them a secondary rank too. This secondary rank would enable them to kick players even though their primary rank doesn't allow them to. This would mean more customizability within clans.

Even though commander downwards can't kick members initially they can with this secondary rank on top. Just remember that soldiers are exempt from this so the lowest rank that has access to the ability to kick would be the recruiter.

16. Only I kick in my clan anyway. Even if u do have the ability XD

But I see what you mean now

17. Support Kez