Pre-season: War 2

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Sep 10, 2013.

1. I would say it would be fun.. If "RISK " always be match up with "nights" or "0 tolerance " even "kos " we will see what they going to say about match up .

2. The season "2" won't be same as season "1"

3. I'd like to see that match lol ;) ^

4. Lots to complain about,
    unfair matches hurt hard working clans, we lose good members edge spells, bad history makes it hard to get warriors when theres no reason to have have bad history if it wasnt for bad mathing we would have a perfect record. How is this going to work for a season war its going to be only the lucky ones in all stars its going to be 50% luck and 50% skill in all stars theres a lot of great clans warring that wont get the credit....

5. Good point. Devs need to fix their matching algorithm so that EVERY clan wins EVERY war so they can keep their perfect record for recruiting purposes.

It would certainly increase participation!!

6. @maxbug I love matching risk we actually faught them4 of the last 7 matches no complaints. Only way to figure out what you need to do better is to face tougher opponents.

7. UnicornPoopCookie - while you are delicious, you are missing the overall point of the complaints. (or maybe just trying to be funny) I do appreciate everything you have done and are doing to help push EE ahead and get people more involved in wars.

It is not about winning every war and never will be, it's about having an opportunity to compete and at least a sliver of a chance to win the wars we all fight in. The volume and size of mismatches that we continue to see war after war is crazy - it is not fun to be on either side of these blowouts. You either get sat on and destroyed for 1 or 2 hours, or you are on the other side doing the destroying. Not fun on either side (but better on the winning side obviously since you get more mith and edge etc.)

At La Res, War 1 for us was an awesome war. We lost but it was close, very fun, entertaining, and enjoyable. No complaints about losing that war because it was a war that we had a chance to be able to win -- so maybe we need to post about good matches since people generally only post about bad matches and being butthurt. Anyhow, speaking of bad matches, War 2 was not at all in the same ballpark as war 1. We were so badly overpowered (by 100CS and effectively 29 v 26 players) that it was not fun for us and probably not fun for our opponent. We fought hard and we did everything we could, but we were stomped and there was no possibility of anything but getting stomped.

I hope that the matchup algorithm can be corrected and made consistent - I love EE and it's the primary reason that I play KaW. But these mismatches are slowly wearing me down, and certainly must be wearing others down too.

@kaw_admin: A question for you... You had posted before that a hit ratio < 90% would trigger a no match - we had 3/29 players who could not hit their side and could not be hit. 3/29 = 10.3% so that would indicate an 89.7% hit ratio - so was this even a valid matchup by the rules you posted? Or are we misunderstanding how the hit ratio is calculated? Just asking so we can better understand how to set up roster to get more valid matches. Thank you.

--yeti--

8. Max it's "K.o.S" Ty

9. That's right station K.o.S and we match all those clans named AND??

10. Hello.... Hellooooo... Devs are u out there...

Please take some responsibility and at least show face

Please dont just let this thread move on and dust us under the rug

Clans and people will only be ignored for so long please acknowladge so I can stop posting maybe a apology anything c'mon guys...

11. Well said Yeti I hope kaw admin replies to you. These mis matches are starting to get to bad

12. I make no habbit of posting in forum, but a few of these posts demand a reaction. First I want to say: respect to La Res for putting up a real fight. Ofcourse you can say you took a risk ;-) putting gh on your roster but a mismatch isnt fun for both clans. Furthermore I would like to state to the trolls calling RiSK inexperienced to do your homework. RiSK contains of members of 3 clans which did over 200 ee wars each. Hardly inexperienced. The reason RiSK was formed is due to the many mismatches these 3 clans experienced in season 1 and in the weeks passed. So stop making dumb comments about us, we have been on the other side in many occassions and just like La Res: we did fight too. We will meet again on the battlefield 

13. Unicorn- why do you even post on these threads you obviously lack any kind of ability to intelligently respond to other's post but also to make any point of your own? There have been some obvious mismatches and the consequences mentioned before are all real. The only thing I can say is I like to war and figure I can't control the devs so I focus on what we can change to improve the circumstances. Respect to all clans that are participating in season 2 and I look forward to meeting all of you on the field of battle.

14. Yeah I was letting my snark show through at the previous poster.

I had just posted results of War 2. 19 out of 26 wars finished within 50%. That's almost 75% of the playing field engaged in very good wars.

How many on that list were bad matchups? How many do you think should have been No Matches?

Yes that was only a 1 hour war. And from what I've seen, it's about at that hour point into a two hour war when clans decide if they are behind too much to warrant burning of xtals.

If clans are CONSISTENTLY losing due to bad matches, then that is an issue.

If the matching algorithm was indeed perfect then we'd expect win/loss ratios in most clans to be 50:50. Anything above 50% is due to strategy, tactics, experience and activity - and not due to the algorithm. I think that's what we all want to see but we need sample sizes of more than 50 clans to get to that point.

15. Unicorn-
    Matches within 50% plunder are not good wars. Is a teacher or parent happy when their student gets a 50% (F) on a test? Not likely...

Matches within 25% plunder could conceivably be called "good", but yeah... 50% is a joke.

That means for war#2 devs algorithm worked 50% of the time (matches within 25%)... That isn't sufficient. Their should be more no matches...

Give feedback to the clans with no matches so they know why and let the clans decide if they will change their rosters moving forward.

16. Agree with hat. Ee wars should be exempt from daily limit. I'm sure most clans have had someone not be able to xtal b/c of this. Currently we try to be careful but keeping up with when u xtal is hard to do especially with good x2 gold ebs. It's not fair if either side gains an advantage b/c the other side spent too much money that day. It penalizes people who contribute to your coffers.

17. Great war mare, you're a great buch of guys and gals who know what they are doing great war.