pls lock :-)

Discussion in 'Wars' started by -Tr1-, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Re: Congratulations Empire Rising! You beat S26TR!

And I'm sorry Giskard. I totally disagree with you and have a different opinion with you on what a good EE experience is. That's the whole point. We should be allowed freedom of formulating our own opinions and exercising our own strategies that come from those opinions. For you to say s26 strategy is not good for EE is just your opinion. It's based on what your preference is for what you like and want to happen in EE wars.
    But once again, I've yet to see where it breaks any rules.

And as far as your spirit of the game is concerned,
    " I'm starting to think that's just a coin phrase you all use, just back your own ideas"
    Please show me where I can read exactly what this is, this, "spirit of the game". Otherwise I'll see it as I do, " jargon unsupported by kaw that's used by some to propagate their own ideas"
    Please show me this mythical "spirit of the game".

2. Re: Congratulations Empire Rising! You beat S26TR!

This isn't an issue around whether or not we're dealing with a strategy or an exploit. It's also irrelevant whether I think EE should be attack centric or not. Actually it doesn't even matter all that much what the devs original goals were for EE. Quite simply, EE success or failure is predicated on support and participation. And just as simply, support and participation are waining. And you don't need to be a genius to know why.

If you look at the makeup of a typical clan in KaW, while you find hansels, spies, hansel busters etc, generally you see build high on attack and modest on spies.

Look at a typically successful EE clan and it looks nothing like that. That's not a good thing. It's precludes the majority of KaW from having an enjoyable EE experience in a normal clan. If EE enjoyed hundreds of matchups instead of tens, the quality of the experience would improve. The quality of the players would improve. We're all better for it.

Cutting up the nuances of whether ps is clever, strategic or an exploit is pointless. It will further kill participation and that is answer enough.

3. Re: Congratulations Empire Rising! You beat S26TR!

Hmmm. Has EE participation been dropping since the arrival of the pure spy strategy? Is it such a powerful contributor to cause people to not want to do EE war? I'd be interested to see numbers. I do see your concern. But as far as ps being a cause of that, I'd like to see evidence to support that idea. Or the fact that EE is dropping in numbers drastically . I've only seen a handful of complaints in the forums.
    Perhaps their are other issues that contribute to the waning numbers in EE wars.
    I myself think the issue could be helped by dropping the requirement numbers. Seems like more clans would be able to sign up if numbers were between 10-20. And if that were the case, you would potentially have a larger pool of clans and participants to create better matchup possibilities.

P.s. Giskard, id still like to see your "spirit of the game" in written form somewhere. (By kaw)

And it's still just a matter of preferences. You think you speak for the majority of kaw and what everyone you And everyone else wants. and I like to speak for myself and will agree to disagree with you on "what is good for the game".

4. Re: Congratulations Empire Rising! You beat S26TR!

Btw Giskard. Are you moose? Just wondering lol

5. Re: Congratulations Empire Rising! You beat S26TR!

Spirit of the game was written I. Original discussion before they started and the tower build exclusion exploit. Sorry have been unable to find or bump them at the moment.

Understand where you are coming from pale rider but have to disagree

Are the ps clans driving people away already. They are getting a lot of interest and copycats trying to start up already. If that trend continues s3 and it will damage kaw i can promise you that here and now.

I know if I were to keep matching them I would quit out of boredom certainly hope not.
    And will they war for mith out of season. No I bet not.

If I find the posts I will bump them but the stance on tower builds exploit is a good enough example on how kaw feels in dtw.
    And after the months of campaigning for ee wars I was burnt out arguing for dtw to be removed to eliminate turtle wars. It was the whole aim of ee to kill turtle wars. Just devs didn't give us exactly what we needed at the time and have us a highly exploitable system

And if your going for smaller teams heck why not just go 1v1 like I'd love and then we cannot have any complaint on matchups as devs would have easy options to match up 1 kingdom vs 1 other kingdom.
    That's my last hope for kaw now.
    Put the matches truly in our hands win or lose its down to the player not a manipulated abnormal clan.
    Can't remember which thread devs said abnormal clans would be punished btw but what the hey. Good discussion even though we disagree respect for standing by your argument and offering an intelligent debate. Ty too giskard.

6. Re: Congratulations Empire Rising! You beat S26TR!

Emp I can help you out with the thought on abnormal clans and where that originated. Ask anyone from BMW clan that fought immortal taka (owner- happy_cop) in the summer wars.
    BMW got 2 bil plunder and immortal taka had double digits. Btw that war was nulled and IT prestige taken. How do I know? I started kaw in immortal taka. Then moved to we're screwed with happy cop. Now he is in using hawks.

As Far as the tower build, or the "magic build" as happy_cop (former owner of IT) liked to call it, the exploit there is Completely different than pure spy.
    Magic builds we're attack builds that had a certain percentage of SDT buildings. The loophole was When they pinned their spies, they could not be assed or attacked cuz they would show up as dtw as long as their spies were pinned. Appearing dtw had nothing to do with how many attack troops they had, even before they nerfed dtw and turtle wars in EE. In fact it existed into beginning of preseason 1until people complained and they nerfed it.

Big difference with pure spies, they have 0 troops to use to attack you with and can gain no plunder form attack.
    If it were an exploit that was unfair cuz they were able to hide attack troops from being attacked is agree with you, that it is unfair.
    But the fact that a pure spy surrenders all potential plunder acquired by attack troops outs them at a disadvantage, jn some respects, considering its a plunder war.

The magic builds could make attack troops appear dtw and invincible (invisible) to attack, while they could still use their full bar of troops to attack for plunder.
    Once again. A pure spy can NEVER attack for plunder because of the void of troops.
    Where as a magic build has attack troops and can plunder.

7. Re: Congratulations Empire Rising! You beat S26TR!

Lol, that's the first time anyone has accused me of being moose. I'm sure he'll be mortified. 

8. Re: Congratulations Empire Rising! You beat S26TR!

I think ER had a few LBS as well.