Petition to Limit Strip Damage

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Imitation-Cheese, Oct 2, 2015.

1. The Teja strip was impressive. I can't imagine how many hours/days/weeks were spent planning it and the extremely lock-step coordination of its execution. Hats off and respect to WDGAF for pulling it off. I hope you can move past the historical label of "EB Fairies" that I'm sure you're still making up for by trying to prove yourselves.

But let's take a look at how strips affect us all.

We all love this game. We log in every day and assume that things will continue to be there and grow every day. But when whales get beat down and leave the game, the devs have to cut their funding for the game, and one day you might log in and find the game is being shut down. Just look at GaW and FC.

So, while we all love to hate our whales, remember that they're keeping food on the table for our devs' families. When you break a whale, that's less development support that we get and eventually, the devs start losing money and they give up on the game.

So, I'm not saying stop the strips. I'm just asking you all to agree to find a compromise that gives opponents the satisfaction of defeating an opponent without completely breaking them, like what happened to Bom and Teja.

Maybe we could ask the devs to allow shields to prevent attacks in exchange for nob/gold/mith. Or implement some other kind of limitation to reduce the damage caused by strips.

2. LmaoB4lock

3. This thread will never be locked

4. This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on the game.

No support

AboveAverageGamer likes this.
  5. No support.

Sorry cheese, but one of the best things about this game is that there are no limitations on how much you can hit another player.

It's one of the only where it's common to hit someone until they reset/quit.

And with HTE and all these promos, making back what you lost is much easier than before.

AboveAverageGamer likes this.
  6. Jimmyasdf stop the war!

7. ORLY?

How long do you think it'll take to recover 1.3Q?

8. ....

I mean, the whole point was to wreck the account.

It happened.

The devs are already going to fix this because they can't have lb players leaving like this, so you don't have to worry.

9. I hope so. I like this game. I don't like some whales' behavior. But I like this game more than I dislike whale behavior.

10. Cheese is noob. This helps balance players when they are too big for their britches

11. I hope :? I don't want my KaWcaine gone :cry:

12. What would be a solution to this?

Change how the strip mechanics work so that only a certain % can be taken?

Maybe a shield option for x period? Like clash of clans? Trophies are akin to BFA.
    If I put in $$ and have 1300T worth allies, there should be some way to protect it other than just towers!
    I'm fairly certain that we will see the devs do something about it, they aren't going to sit idly and watch their whales die out.

Losing our #4 whale will obviously hurt the $$ coming in, which in the long run is like the proverbial bullet in our foot. Teja has always been arrogant, hire hitting and what not, but it's the LB money that keeps this game running.

13. Funny you mentioned FC

Some interesting facts that lead to its closure, included players like myself and our family clans (The Blood Alliance) that basically stripped everyone in the game because we had nothing else to do with out gold (minerals).

I said 4 years ago when I was a moderator in FC and served until it's closure a year ago - and will repeat this AGAIN here for the developers to read and avoid same fate for KAW:

ADD Quadrillions in Build complete Abyss, HF, and HL "NPC/BOT" allies (mercs) to reduce inflation and give player a place to sink $

They also need to restrict DTW/DTS range

These suggestions are not punitive - and will alleviate many of the leading indicators of a similar downfall in KAW as occurred in FC/GAW due to strips and player attrition.

The primary reason I left as a moderator for ATA was due to the practice of "resetting" inactive allies in FC - essentially stealing/theft in my mind by ATA. Glad to see the ability to reset disabled in KAW; however, and re-read this:

Mark my words, there will be a point in time when inactive accounts in KAW will be reset!

Imagine waking up one morning, and being stripped, not by a player but by the devs. It will happen. More I play these games, more I see same mistakes being repeated in KAW that occurred in the other ATA games. And what frustrates me more than anything is the turnover in the support staff. They simply have not been around long enough to know the intricate history of their portfolio of games nor do they play them on the same level as we do.

I have offered many times and will continue to offer my knowledge and experience in solving these issues to ATA, but i will not talk to support or KAW community because they are not the developers who write the code and make the decisions about the game. They are crowd control / PR managers, not decision makers.

Oh and NO SUPPORT for limiting strip damage

Shady

14. it's a year old account fully BC, with HTE, xtal and crux chest maybe a month or 2 if he keeps his spending at the same pace. Wasn't Kaos bragging about doing 4t in a single HTE? gold is easier for big spender you got disposable income.

15. It's simple economics. This game supplies enjoyment for those willing to pay and those who do not. This strip shifts that balance.

Whales disproportionately fund this game. I can't imagine this game when whales are threatened.

16. Me too.

A petition, however, isn't needed.

It's obvious that if Teja quits, it would be a huge impact, or at least a significant one.

It will also give the impression that even lb players are vulnerable.

Devs will definitely do something, maybe not change mechanics, maybe not add or take away game features, but something.

17. Whales will always be hunted if they are a nuisance

18. I don't know, but the aim of this thread is to open that discussion. There should be plenty of folks with enough knowledge of current mechanics and game economics to provide reasonable feedback and solutions.

Here's to hoping that those individuals speak up and more importantly, that the devs will read that feedback and implement their suggestions.

19. Quit? You mean his 1000000x quitting?

20. Paradise hangout was made by teja as an hte clan to talk to him last time he "quit" if I'm not mistaken. Maybe it was a different clan though.