Petition For Nepal Donation

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by LHL_LegendarySirAyden_LHL, May 12, 2015.

1. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

A badge would be cool. But just a badge nothing else. How about you just donate and don't expect anything in exchange except maybe something just symbolic? Prick

2. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

I support.

3. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Did you know that if you have a main earthquake say 8.0 then you will have 10 7.0 then 100 6.0. Then 1000 5.0 then 10,000 4.0 etc worldwide. The biggest earthquake in the world usually causes the above pattern if it say a 7.2. Then you start 10 at 6.2 then 100 5.2

Got that out of encyclopedia americana

Each drop in magnitude you multiply by 10 starting at the biggest at 1. 10. 100 1000 etc.

4. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support to any attempt to help Nepal and raise awareness of the plight of its people.

5. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

support

6. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support. I am Nepali.

7. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support

8. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

No support.

If you feel that strongly donate direct to a charity. Why do you feel the need for ATA to hold your hand. JUST DO IT!

"Move along, nothing further to see here"



9. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

To encourage our community to come together and donate for a cause.

10. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Actually is not about community coming together. Basically OP is asking ATA to donate a part of their revenue. Its like me asking you to donate a % of your salary for Nepal. If he really wants to help he can just go and donate to a charity organisation. Or even more, to donate and work as volunteer for that organisation and collect food, clothes, money that can be send to Nepal. Otherwise its easy! "You! Yeah you! donate something for Nepal! Mmmmm...feeling such a good person. I actually did something to help people from Nepal!"

11. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Donating a percentage with the purchase of xtals or something is our revenue as well. All ATA would have to do is match that.

12. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

So far, this is my favorite post on this thread

13. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Your revenue goes to purchasing Xtals regardless of what ata does with the profits. You are just begging for someone else to do the heavy lifting while giving you an atta boy. Most of forum sees through this.

If you want to "rally the community", why not encourage them all to google a charity and donate!

Also, don't you think the people at ata watch the news? I'm sure the higher ups there are aware there was an earthquake in Nepal. The people that run threads like this aren't bringing awareness to anyone.

14. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

If you donate $1 via Red Cross that $1 will reach to Nepal. You instead want to pay $1 for one xtal and a % of that to go to Nepal. Well...the first % that apply to your donation is a 30% that is going in Apple's/Google's pockets. So...70cents left. Let's assume that ATA would agree to donate half of their revenue. That would be 35 cents. If you want to help so bad why to send 35 cents to Nepal and not send the full dollar?

15. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

100% support

16. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Or even better post links for charity organisations websites.

17. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

More bang for you buck I guess. I don't know why I'm here defending Op on his own thread :lol: ATA has done it before so why not do it again?

18. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

And another thing many people seems not to realise is that ATA don't have logistics and the necessary know-how to administrate potential donations. They'd just send the money collected to a charity organisation. Same organisation where you can donate directly without involving a 3th party.

19. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

To counter Moose, this is my favorite part.

I think it is childish that Moose decided to ignore Sir Ayden support of his donate button idea and instead went for an attack. Though we all have different perspectives.

Moose and his mates see this as someone looking for a badge or something in return for donating.

Ayden and his mates, to include myself see it as this. We can only donate so much. So what would it hurt to ask the Devs to also donate and to make and event of it? See the reason the request goes to give an incentive, rather it a badge or on of Aydens ideas, is to ensure that more money is donated to the cause.

It's not about getting something, it's about maximizing funding.

But no, Go ahead and do what's easy Moose. Bash Ayden. Act and look cool. Ignore him when he supports your change in ideas and try to drive his name in the ground. It's great for buisness.

I got your perspective and understood your comments until you decided to drive one more nail in that coffin.

20. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

A 3th and a 4th party actually. Apple and Google are part of this too. And sale tax. And revenue taxes. Damn...so many parties. While its much easier and more efficient to have two parties: YOU and the charity organisation.