Petition For Nepal Donation

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by LHL_LegendarySirAyden_LHL, May 12, 2015.

1. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

How about this......

The DEVS install a button in the store that allows you to donate as much cash as you want to Nepal and you get nothing in return??

Why why why do people think every time there is a tragedy they need to have ata "donate XTAL sales" to the cause?

You understand that if you purchase an xtal for a dollar and ata donates a portion of that sale to a relief fund, YOUR part in this is zero.

Here is a better idea. Google Nepal charities and do some good in your own. Bribing people with XTALS to help a cause rubs me the wrong way

2. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support!

But Moose is right. Charity is about giving for the sake of helping others not furthering yourself in a game. I support the idea of a charity and achievement.

3. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

I agree with Moose, although I would support a ATA effort as well. If that is something they would like to do.

4. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Petition that people donate off their own backs rather then needing a motivational event. Donating because you get something in return isn't really donating . Not genuinely.

5. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support!

6. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

7. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

This petition is actually really telling.

It either comes off as

ATA, I buy Xtals anyway, but, I want you to take my sales and donate them to Nepal. YOU do the heavy lifting and make the sacrifice, and I will get all the warm fuzzies and feel like I made a difference!

Or it comes off as

ATA, I will buy Xtals if you donate the cash to Nepal. I mean, I don't donate unless it's worth my while. Come on. Show me some bling baby! I'm not going to do something nice for nothing after all.

Either way, I find these threads and the people who support them to be obnoxious and somewhat shallow.

8. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

@Moose

I have already donated, this thread is an attempt to get others to do the same.

Those who really want to help others have either already donated, or are helping in a different way.

This thread is an attempt to get those who either have not, or normally would not do it on their own, ergo the reward.

It is a statistical fact that if you offer a reward for those who donate, the donations go up. This is about getting the most funds we can to the people who need it. If rewards must be used to achieve the "most we can" then so be it.

I do see your point and it is absolutely correct, in a perfect world where everyone cares about each other, however we are not in that perfect world yet. I am trying to do what I can to help those who can not do for themselves.

Thank you for your thoughts.

P.S. I do like the donate button idea in the marketplace

(And it says a lot about someone when they call others shallow without knowing their true intentions. You should ask before assuming.)

9. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support

10. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

The other problem you may not know about is this.

Apple has/had a donation button in the iTunes Store for this cause and 100% of your money would go to the relief fund.

If ata were to run an xtal sale and donate all the funds to Nepal, Apple would take a 30% cut, so, having ata run this event is actually not very efficient.

If you want the maximum impact for your buck, donate at the iTunes Store

11. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

The only thing ATA should potentially offer is a badge to say you donated that has no effects whatsoever in game. It's like getting a pin or a wristband for donating. If ATA did put up a donate button I feel like a lot of people would donate but if you really want to donate you don't need ATA to give you the option.

12. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

That is a wonderful option and thank you for bringing it to this thread moose

13. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Great response, thank you

14. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support 1000%

15. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

I would support it if there were no badge for it.

16. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support

17. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

I agree with moose and spock.

You after an 'attaboy' for being charitable? If so, then good job for donating, you're a wonderful person and a shining paradigm of philanthropy.

Would you buy charity xtals if ata raised the price of them to cover the admin costs of donating and the the standard price of xtals? Say maybe, $3 xtals for nepal?

18. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Support

19. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Most of the time I'm just post count farming tbh, but I genuinely support this

20. Re: *Official Petition For Nepal Donation Event*

Impossible, the maximum is 100%