OSW with a scoreboard

Discussion in 'Wars' started by lllOIIlGIllIRlIlllEIllIlSIlllI, May 14, 2013.

1. How is it an osw if there are rules?

2. Rules? This could just be used to keep count of score screw rules in the end it's still osw 

3. SUPPORT!!!

No rules just a way to keep score. I have wanted something like this forever lol ee wars r pushing everyone to one build (towers towers and more towers)

4. i love it becuase it's a hybrid of osw and system wars

5. I support what Codeine and Bedlamite have said earlier and I appreciate their insight. This "non-system" system war option would be great as a scoreboard to document and prove exact losses. Sometimes it's difficult to gauge activity and a daily scoreboard would help the evaluation process. As Bed said previously, the scoreboard wouldn't update hourly but once a day.

Your clan chooses who they declare war on and ideally that clan would accept. If the clan is recalcitrant then you have bragging rights that you psyched them out from accepting the declaration of war.

Once you accept the declaration then the only visible metric is the amount lost. All income generated minus the funds lost. Income would come from EB winnings, ally trades, and PvP victories. IMO, any income from dropping pots, cashing out BB, or nobs shouldn't count in the scoreboard since it would be abusable (loophole).

As with any system, there is a threat of abuse, and the scoreboard is a noble attempt to account and represent OSW losses. I like where this idea is going.

6. I don't really like the whole 'clan x had declared war on you, do you accept?' I'm sorry but if someone declares war on you, you should fight back or surrender none of this 'thank you for your interest in commencing hostilities with me kind sir but unfortunately I have an EB to fight so I must decline'.

7. Support! Although I would like to add. War declared should be accepted by admins on BOTH SIDES. If allies clans want to join, the owner must accept first, and an additional x amount of admins.

The only problem could be, if a clan leaves, and the other side gets mad, they might start farming that clan. You could say that you can't hit anyone outside the war, but then a clan on the other side may leave too, in order to counter in a real osw. Now you have an organized osw, and an unorganized on your hands and it's a big mess, but if the clans accept the war they are pretty much accepting those terms... So I dont know

Great idea though if it works!
    Maybe there should be counters too of pots used, pots burned, allies hired away, # of players on each side, cs of each side, etc.

8. Would a representative from A Thinking Ape care to weigh in on this subject?

9. Yeah, it would be nice if ata occasionally weighed in on the pros and cons of some of our ideas....

10. I still need to go back and edit the original post, but I thought a little more discussion might be fun

11. I like it, but it might be tough to implement. I think system wars and EE both need to try and imitate OSW as much as possible. The whole "winner is based on gold earned" is totally backwards. OSW is more about making your opponent lose gold more than it is about making a profit. Any profit is just a side benefit, if you can manage it.

12. Hmm this seems pretty good, but what if a clan is too scared and will not accept, why not just press declare war and no one has to accept they are just in war until ff and after war where will the war stats be stored? In a 3rd part of clan history?