Orisons of Glory - Part 8

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Go take a look at belle's fight mechanics thread, you will learn about a lot of cool stuff like players being in pin.

2. Honestly, I don't have time to deal with all of that.

3. Got to hand it to devs. Idea of the event is awesome especially for those who love pvp. Just ratio of losing compared to what we win back from same player is grossly uneven. I have people taking 2k items to turn around and hit them back for a huge 6. That definitely isn't a great ratio. If that were adjusted I'm sure more ppl would be happier with these kind of events.
    Overall great idea and lots of fun. Haven't had so much Inc in years 
    Keep up the great work 

4. Ok, then stop complaining.

5. Thanks for making me,bacon,sissy girl and blazey the top 4 choices in battle list for 10 days basically making a large disadvantage for the entire event

6. Only if you want to spend money can get you ahead in this one. I'll never do one of these again.

7. This event relies less on spending than any other. You can get hundreds of thousands of favors by picking targets carefully. If you're good, it should be possible (in theory) to get 10k per unload. Assuming you have a few well-paying targets and get favors a couple times before they get shielded.

It's a bit difficult in practice, but really as a free player, if you're dedicated, you could net upwards of 50k without hitting any prem ebs. If I had the time to dedicate (as I'm a free player), I'd sure be doing that. I don't have that time though, so as I'm doing less work I'll accept less reward (which will still be a very, very good reward though--the tiers are insanely nice for opted in players).

8. Thrawn that works at your size. I suggest hitting players my size or double my size. When you get bigger that cut off actually changes hugely.

And found this and it's entirely appropriate

This was suggested for the eb series. But.
    It has total merit for this pvp event.
    Every complaint is directed at the ridiculous nature of drops.
    Some players getting thousands of drops. Others getting next to no drops.

This system is totally flawed.
    The devs don't think anything is wrong.
    They are wrong. This system would have saved this event.
    It would have made it competitive and worthwhile.

Those spending on xtals yes would still win.
    The stupid spells. And that's what they are would not make drops even more absurd than they are.

Players don't need mains for this event. He'll make an alt and farm your main you will do extremely well in the event.
    You will have a useless small alt with one good equipment and a useless main. But hey. Why would that be a problem?

This event is. It what convinced me to say what I'm about to.
    It's disastrous to the extreme.
    The drop mechs are beyond pathetic and players cannot defend themselves as they attain nothing doing so.

What I object to most is the feedback from support.
    After years building various kingdoms on here. After years of devoted play and support to the game.
    Their support to how do I compete when larger accounts pay less to my build than I pay to smalls. I bleed 1-2000 drops 4-6x per each inc bar. Each bar I put out I get one drop of between 20-500 ( one times 980 ) items normally between 100-200 items. And drops are rare.

How do I compete?

The devs response. Use more spells ( yes the ones you pay for ) like that's encouraging when you get next to nothing but seriously suggesting pay to win more drops. And out more effort in ( because I set my drops at 1-2 drops per full bar out apparently ). I am not wasting money on xtals for one to two drops.

So where does that leave me along with many others that I have seen and spoken to ?

Well the smalls happy hell one guy claimed a 10k drop. Great for him.
    For those like myself that really wanted this event to work. That praised the devs for trying something new ( though assuming they would have actually thought about sensible drop ranges) where am I now.

Simply put. Disgusted at the waste of time this once fun game has become. Disappointed that pvp for so many cannot be rewarding.

When pvp relies on purchased spells and the drop rates don't work and the devs response is they are fine then there really is just one place left to go.
    The kaw retirement village.

Been a blast due to some players.
    Devs this was the last arrow through the knee I'm willing to take. Thanks for destroying another aspect of the game for so many of us.

9. Personally I think this is the most fun I've had in ages. Yes the drops are strange. Listing around 7.75% per drop when some1 has the x2 spell on is very punitive.

Biggest issue I have tho is the length of the event. 10 days full on pvp is way too long devs. Ppl will burn out too quick after the novelty wears off. I suggest maybe 4 days max around a weekend so that those who want to enjoy the pvp can and still have some sort of life.

10. yes this event is good moves by devs, many complaining because they not build for PVP just eb build, all just be hansel with no adt and bfa and cry when someone smaller hits them and taking alot items, just imagine if no this event and you getting hit buy someone smaller its the smae its just you guys not prepared for PVP. Same goes for attacking build with no sdt and crying they getting stealing from spies big guys. If you ask thuse with heave towers and not eb build in mid ranges they barely lose alot and get hit. Good job devs this will teaching lesson for not being ready as in kaw you can get hittinf or farmed by anyone anytime

11. Some players are Losing 20-25% of their drops per one action
    The event would of been huge fun, if the drops were remotely reasonable.
    As they are. When some players cannot exceed. Making 1000 max and average less Han 200 drops per action. To Lose 25% in one drop action their efforts are wiped out in seconds.
    The Devs have totally messed up the drops beyond any reason.
    Why it's reasonable that some players get drops of 2-10 thousand Per drop and others doing exactly the same get less than 200 or even as low as 29 items. Is beyond unreasonable.
    There is no point to this event if your build doesn't drop in the golden window that Devs have accidentally made.
    Sure it's a learning curve. But one that is destroying the event for many of us.
    Cannot think of one reason to pay to play in a pvp event where you cannot hit back at those attacking you because they pay next to nothing while you pay them thousands.
    And above a certain size the drops just drop off a cliff until you get close to build complete. Hitting players multiple times my size should also yield thousands of drops if the drop rate mech were even. And yet it isn't. Those much larger than myself have been dropping anything from 20-100 items.
    Yes people have and cud to pvp and it should promote pvp. And if they had made the drops even and not paid for which is disgraceful as well as just impossible to work out much less compete for certain size brackets. All I can say is where I agree my suggested drop method months ago would have been ideal for all.
    The Devs refused to fix hit ranges.
    They added a pay for element that undermines all stats.
    They didn't remotely think through drops.

This event will result in hugely overpowered equip for a much more limited few than it should have.
    It has for days demonstrated the drops system is a complete fail and the Devs have refused to respond much less suggest a method to make it equal.

The more I here of this event the more I lose faith in the developers ability to remotely run a fair event that is beneficial to all players that participate.

And my earlier statement that this is pushing me to retire seems more apt now than ever.

When a game mech established that during a pvp event that you cannot benefit from defending yourself against those attacking you the purpose of building a kingdom to war with is no longer valid.
    Attacking those who attack me is pointless. They pay nothing.
    Those larger don't pay much for some odd glitch in the drop system, so essentially I am locked out of this event.
    As I cannot gain from playing by fighting in a war game. As everything else is eb focused and rigged for larger builds in eb events this game has run its course and my decision is made.

12. Towers have nothing to do with the ability to fight back. They may help defend. But when you cannot earn drops the towers mean nothing. They defend nothing. Maybe you should realise their is actually an issue with the drop rates. And dtw is easy when you self pin. Doh. But when other players cannot earn during an event and use a build to pvp with. What's the point?
    And saying people are crying when players like myself used to be farmers much of our cake time. Just shows you don't understand the game has flaws that go beyond a build.
    Maybe understand the issues facing many players than just critics them for not having a build you do not. approve of.
    If events aren't inclusive. Then we lose players. Just like me.

13. Tues maybe devs should cap the drop rate to maybe 5-10% of items they have and if you hit back (like revenge attack) let us take atlest 1/3 rd of what we lost no matter the size. btw if the biggers have proparbuild they would not getting farmed hard by smalles, last time all afraid to go spy buils because can be buiild easy and hard to hit eb, but not spy buils think they great because of bfe and during pv event like this they feel the pain.

Also decrese the event time maybe 4-5 days

14. The devs have most definitely screwed this event up. The structure of the drop rates is absolutely ridiculous.

Players spending time and money to earn event items and then having them taken within seconds, and then attempting to get them back only to find players constantly in DTW or earning as little as 1% of what was taken from the same player. It's ludicrous.

I sure do hope the devs aren't spiteful enough to turn a blind eye to this common opinion of a vast majority of the game's players.

15. Thank you ATA for this refreshing new style of event!! My only pointer is the equipment should have closer stats to eachother, other than that thank you again for getting kaw back at war!

16. ^From someone who opted out of the PvP:)

17. Yeah this could have been a lot better....not sure how the drops are structured at all. Losing 2k in one hit, retaliating and getting 43 is idiotic. Hitting above or below seems to make little difference. Sometimes I get 900-2500 a hit off BL on smaller or bigger players even if they have those garbage spells cast. Other times it's 19-120 without it cast...just some stupid half assed crap. Whatever.

18. Yea I don't understand drop rates either. It's a little disappointing when you get hit and lose all of the things u collected all day long just to hit back and getting 6. devs hate me so much they jinxd me.smh

19. Devs you need to examine the issue with small build with immense BFE i.e -dunmesswithyodadyson- being able to hit bigger build with small BFE and taking obscene amount of items.

-dunmesswithyodadyson- many very well be in the top 10. Nice promotion of growth there.