On Tower Builds...

Discussion in 'Wars' started by joe_, Dec 24, 2012.

1. I'd rather see them fix the mech issue, Mick

2. it would make more sense if they were like everyone; dtw with 0 troops..
    easiest way to fix this situation without banning ppl

3. Hmmm Arkst as out of context as it was, fair enough I am a crap forumer...

Not crap enough to get you mad enough to filter through pm and find that.

:lol:

4. Well said, Game.

5. I would love to see a reply to this matter by the one and only CanadianGal.

6. If you think that anger is the only thing that drives discovery (for lack of a better word) then you are a fool!

7. Then options b and c still apply, DarkAce

8. I don't see it as exploitation at all. Yes my tower build is amazing for Estoc wars, but it also has its downsides....

For instance I make almost HALF in plunder than what I used to. With a gold edge my first hit in haunting only makes me 40mil... As where I've seen reports of 60mil first hits. This puts me at a disadvantage to other players as I will grow much more slowly now.

It's the same as the hybrid mechanics... Where attack builds couldn't attack hansels with full troops and no gold... But hybrids could.

It's not bypassing mechanics; those ARE the mechanics of the build and are out there for all to know and decide over. Each build has its advantages and disadvantages

9. for option c, i dont think clan get prestige anymore... :?

10. No, but it was a factor that made you do that.

Pulling things out of context again.
    :lol:

11. I wasn't close to the polianna 100k clip to wins, but my guess is the wins were decremented, not for hitting the lighting towers, but because the hits were scripted 24/7.

She wasn't the only one hitting those towers at the time. 

12. And PollyAnna and 24dude were WITHIN the mechanics when they were stripped of 100,000 wins EACH at the time, Roland

13. If you think that pm embarrassed me even a little bit lol then you don't know me

14. Your argument doesn't make the build LESS of an exploit. It's still an Exploit. It is what it is.

15. That's what I meant Joe. Rather see them fix the mech than to have to go through the headache of a new system

16. im starting think that being an attack build was a bad idea...seems like we have NO advantage over other builds that aren't countered
    ^^talking SW+EB (i dont OSW)

17. No dark the double plunder u make over a spy build isn't an advantage at all. Derp

18. @Roland -- Making less money is a not a downside when your build can't be hit. In an Estoc's War, if a Tower build was to keep their spies pinned they would appear Dtw to everyone in the opposing team. They cannot be hit. Therefore, no money can be made off of that person. But, even though this person has a "disadvantage" of making less money, they can hit whoever they like. They would gain money while the opposing team is being knocked out and pinned. If this isn't a clear exploit then i don't know what is. This is more than just an advantage to your build type, its a "special bonus". This is not given to any other build type. While every single build type has its clear advantages and disadvantages, they all have at least some common ground. The tower build doesn't. It has much more.

19. Roland. 2 things.

Get enough of your type of build on a team and you'll win every EE you fight in. Which means level 5 EE for you more or less permanently. So you don't really have a plunder disadvantage do you.

Second. Get enough of these builds creeping around and it WILL root the current EE system.

It's real simple. The devs 'fix' your build or we ultimately kiss goodby the EE war system...