Official No Match Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Feb 9, 2014.

1. @kaw admin: can u please stop with these threads? U ask for our opinions and never try to even test them... These threads are starting to get tiring amd everyone knows now that its more of a PR thing than actually getting ideas. You've gotten good ideas all the way from season 2 to now... U didn't implement anything after season 2 ended instead went on about with these "chaos wars" and now thar season 3 has started u can't change anything... Your procrastination is starting to become a joke... Man up and do something... If I made as many promises to my customers as u have without delivering, I would be out of a job right now...

Now a few suggestions - remove hit ratio but have an internal hit ratio percentage and have threshold (fairly tight) to prevent the dumbbell shaped rosters.

Just like u can unequip equipment, allow for "unequipping" ur allies... Giving them a day off or an hour off per say... So that LB's or anyone for that matter can lower their BFA while keeping their allies. Have that BFA at match locked during war.. No new hires will affect ur BFA...

When I see some effort by the devs to actually fix the broken system.. Maybe my clan and a lot of others will come back and join EE again...

2. The problem is participation, that is the bottom line.

I choose ebs, all day every day without a second thought because it is more beneficial to me, as well as more convenient.

I don't have the time to figure out which war time is good for me, ebs are good all the time, just hit and run. I don't have the time to find a clan who would take me, because none of them will, but any eb clan would be happy to have me. I don't always have the time to set aside a solid 2-3hrs for a war, but I can find 2-5mins every hour or so to empty on an eb, especially when all i have to do is pull it up and hit repeat action under a table.

I don't have the money to spend 2 xtals on every war that occurs like, twice every day, thats insane, and I don't even get my money's worth as opposed to hte or ss. My hard earned money spent on xtals guarantees me better results from an eb as opposed to a war that I still have a chance of losing, which of course is the risk everyone should understand before committing.

So, there is the time, and money, last is fairness. Of course in war, in REAL LIFE war is win OR lose, live OR die. But in a video game where money is (usually) spent, war should be fair. In world of warcraft a lvl 80 doesn't stroll through The Barrens getting smashed by a lvl 20, not even by 20 lvl 20s, the lvl 80 will one shot them all and carry on. But here in Kaw, where the system is broken, a lvl 20 can pair up with a lvl 80, and win with little to no effort or skill, because all of the lvls 30-70 either cannot hit the lvl 80, or they don't make any meaningful money from the lvl 20, that is if hes not pinned for the whole war.

You guys already know all of the problems, they've all been repeated by the same people, or everyone many dozens of times. You already know what to do, and what we want. You just have to do it, I could rant all day and it wont change anything.

3. Whatcha eating? I had some pizza hut. I just think its dissapointing i put so much in my build to war n all i get is no matches or an ass whooping terrible match.....least my fairy build made 35m more a hit lol

4. Dear Devs, Kaw_admin, & kaw_community,

Since week 2, we have no matched 9 of the 12 wars that we signed up for. We are using the same build % that we used in week 2 on the 25 man wars.
    Note: In week 2 we had 5 no matches out of 14 wars that we signed up for.
    In week 1 we had 1 no match out of 14 wars that we signed up for.

In week 3, we have tried increasing our hit ratio by adding more mid builds, but that isn’t working either. We need more transparency on the hit ratio to understand which direction we need to go with our builds to get a match. Just telling us that our hit ratio was wrong doesn’t tell us if it was the bigs, mids, or smalls that caused the no match.

How are you determining hit ratio? Are you calculating a hit ratio for each person based on the people they can hit in their clan? Is the clan hit ratio an average of this hit ratio? Also, what is the tolerance for matchup?

Another possibility is that the hit ratio is actually calculated by comparing each person signed up in each clan to each other clan in their strength range. Then calculating an average of all hit ratios in each clan. I doubt this is the case due to the massive amount of statistical calculations that would need to happen to matchup clans… and considering that we match within 10 min of the signup deadline… I consider this method extremely unlikely. Also, if this was the case, we would have matched every war this week because I went through and calculated the hit ratio against several clans within 5 clans of us on your strength list and we would have matched them; however, both of us no matched.

We need to know this so that we can compare our clan to the clans in our strength range and actually get a matchup. We do not intend to no match and in fact we are getting driven nuts by TVP at this point. We love to war and it appears that all week 3 did was lower the number of clans getting matchups due to the extreme number of no matches. We are not the only clan that this is happening to.

I urge all clans currently no matching to support this post as no matches (at the current rate) prevent most of our clan to be able to even have a hope at 50 rancor.

Statistics (for week 3)
    War 13 – 37.5% of all clans signed up no matched – 32 clans signed up
    War 12 – 51.6% of all clans signed up no matched – 31 clans signed up
    War 11 – 37.9% of all clans signed up no matched – 29 clans signed up
    War 10 – 19.2% of all clans signed up no matched – 52 clans signed up
    War 09 – 38.1% of all clans signed up no matched – 42 clans signed up
    War 08 – 53.8% of all clans signed up no matched – 39 clans signed up
    War 07 – 41.9% of all clans signed up no matched – 31 clans signed up
    War 06 – 19.2% of all clans signed up no matched – 57 clans signed up
    War 05 – 33.3% of all clans signed up no matched – 45 clans signed up
    War 04 – 46.2% of all clans signed up no matched – 39 clans signed up
    War 03 – 41.9% of all clans signed up no matched – 31 clans signed up
    War 02 – 20.8% of all clans signed up no matched – 48 clans signed up
    War 01 – 36.8% of all clans signed up no matched – 38 clans signed up

Considering the number of no matches:
    141 clans no matched in 1hr wars
    39 clans no matched in 2hr wars

Total estimated xstals lost (if clans used all xstals possible in wars) from no matches: 4,380
    Which means due to no matches, the devs have cost themselves $4,380 USD (roughly)
    Due to the devs losing such a significant amount on no matches, you would think that there was a vested interest in increasing the number of matches.

Thanks for your time,

Skippyeddo & Udder Madness Council

5. If you guys do implement 11v11 rosters again don't allow the statless accounts to participate to match weak clans.

6. NO MATCHES SHOULD BE A RARE THING there are lots of clans that sign up.
    If 50% of then get no match soon people will stop trying...
    Oh wait. Lots are done trying.
    LBers resetting daily. Many giving up on this and many haven't even started due to already having full mith equip.
    Better do something quick before you lose half your fan base !!!!!!!

7. AT LEAST do this please:
    :idea: +1 rancor level for no matches until it's fixed or abused. :idea:

8. @Kaw Admin

Since you have said there will be no drastic changes, ideas the community comes up with may be crack shots. However, I'll throw my hat in this ring.

It seems like a lot of bat matches happen when an LB/SH roster is pitted against another roster with medium builds in it. That is a disadvantage that seems almost impossible to over come. I won't go into detail on this. You have said you have read many of the threads about this subject so I assume you are well aware of why that is and it has been explained cogently by others far more informed than I.

So my suggestion is, then; Is there a way you can arrange match ups so that LB/SH rosters are only matched against other LB/SH rosters?

9. How about you give me some no matches. I'm tired of this 30 loss streak.

10. There is a way to do it Damascus. The matching fix that I proposed fixes that problem.

Since the heart of what has destroyed EE is the specific idealized roster that beats all others (a small number of LB and a large number of SH with good bfe) why not just go ahead and assume that will always be a problem. Switch so wars aren't just one clan vs one clan.... They're two clans vs two clans. On each side there is one clan that has only smalls and larges, and one clan that only has mids. They get paired together randomly by the matching process.

So when you sign up, you have to either have *only* people between 3-15m cs, or *nobody* between 3-15m cs. And then you'll get paired with another clan that did the opposite of what you did.

Every war would have mids then, so mids could finally get into wars and be obliterated by the lb folks and also plundered hard by the jacked up SH.

Oh yeah never mind, no point

11. Is this gonna be the same bait and switch we've all become to familiar with? You post a thread, monitor it and respond for a day or so, then disappear completely?

Many people have posted many great ideas over and over again for the past year, yet you start a season and then create a thread nearly half way through it. What kind of message does that send?

I'm one of the many with ridiculous no matches. Four in a row just yesterday and today. I've tried in two different clans, with a variety of build types.

Here's a novel idea... How about you look at the percent of no matches as a reflection of your inability to provide a system with little to no exploits. Look in the mirror and admit to the community that you've screwed up. Rather than give 1 level of rancor to everyone with a no match, come up with a formula that seems fair and reward based on that. Maybe if over 33% of clans were unable to get a match, you should give 1 rancor as a way lessen our frustration.

Until you actually take initiative and do something to show the community that you are sorry for this pathetic showing called season 3, I find it hard to believe you're really concerned.

Why should we continue to share our ideas if you can't\won't do anything about them?

I am the biggest for having matches, but you no match the wrong thing. To you, the top 10 on the ally LB vs 190-200 on the ally LB would be a fair match; however, all of us players who understand the mechanics know it would be a SLAUGHTER. Not sure who asked you for hit ratio, but we all know that you can add a letter at the beginning to get what it really is.

If you don't actually show us you care before letting this tragic season end, you won't have many around for the next one.

Until you make an effort greater than a forum post, and a few responses, I really don't have much more to say. Frustration set in way too long ago.

12. This season has found a lot of no matchups, huge losses (over 1000% in plunder differences) and has deterred a lot of clans from participating.

Issues ranging from the anti growth(SH build) to the roster stacking. Included in this is a lot of people who play from Asia and Oceania people complaining about the war times being during work hours or ridiculously late at night.

An idea I have to get those Asian and those in Oceania warring is to add in the war down under time slot from chaos wars as a 15 man roster on weekdays. It would get more of them warring, yes it's a small roster, because there's a lot who want to war but not too many as to fill a 20 or 25 man roster.

13. It is not about roster size, it is more about how you set up the rules to avoid roster exploit. No matter how big the roster size is, clans can always build roster like:

2-4 untouchable LB + 0-m PS + 0-n GH/SH.

Yes, this roster is brilliant. Normal clans won't be able to win this roster because they almost have no plunder targets. By adjusting m and n, they can control clan rank and match any clan they want.

To avoid this type of clans, other clans either copy their roster or take equipment off to go really small. All these actions make clan stats variance bigger, therefore the match up harder.

There are many ways to solve this problem, as many players have proposed. I am so surprised to see developers simply ignored all good suggestions:

1. Do not allow PS to cast. Once casting woc player can not change build (to avoid hansel take attack building off after casting and convert to ps).
    2. limit clan stats variance by dividing the war into three tiers:
    Tier 1: CS between 1M and 8M
    Tier 2: CS between 8M and 16M
    Tier 3: CS 16M+
    When a clan is signing up, they must first choose tier, and all members who cast must be in the same tier, otherwise they can not sign up.
    Give higher tier war better rewards to encourage players to grow.
    3. Treat bfe and bfa equally when deciding match up. The current algorithm obviously weighs bfe more than bfa.
    4. reduce roster size to encourage more clans to war.

I don't think the above changes are hard to understand and implement. But maybe some changes won't make LB (aka big spenders) happy therefore developers are reluctant to make.

14. What a ******* joke, those that have warred consistantly throughout the s1/s2 have given plenty of advice and feedback -- this is a ******** post to silence the angry mob  IF YOU CARED MAYBE YOUD TRY TO MAKE CHANGES DURING THE SEASON  or even the many weeks of testing in preseason

15. Why not make All builds pay the same per hit in ee????? WHY THE **** NOT TRY IT , sure as hell cant be worse then what your " trying now"

16. Great post LT, I'm not a huge fan of separate war tiers with no overlap, so I would personally switch it so bottom tier is like 0-12m cs, middle tier is 8-18m cs, and top tier is 15m cs or more

That way people in the middle range could have the option of warring the middle tier, or smaller, or bigger, depending on what their stats were like and whether they preferred to be a big guy or a small guy, relative to the rest of the folks in the war

But yeah, other than that one little detail, right on

17. If wars go back to 11 v 11 a hope yous are prepared to face PS clans cause i will be making 1 for sure so we can get our chance to war because in a 1 hour plunder war 11 man we Aint needed so be care full what u wish for .

18. 11 man rosters so much better

19. Sure, people are going to complain about poor matches. But you said so yourself at the start of this thread that no "major" changes will happen. Which tells me that we will continue to have poor matches one way or the other. At least if you go back to whatever you were doing in the off-season with match ups we will see more wars. When 16/34 clans get a no match.. something is very wrong.

Just try it for a week, see what happens. ;)

20. Just a little idea.
    Maybe introduce a basic cs level % achievement only applicable in EE wars.
    For instance the higher cs you are the more plunder you can earn during a war based on your build.
    If its based on levels gh would be like level 1, earning next to nothing sh level 2 earning tiny bit more, then tier in the land complete ect.
    Because this idea only factors into EE wars, it avoids the mass leaderboaders earning a fortune off ebs ect.
    Maybe somthing to think about :)