Official No Match Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Wars' started by admin, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Just loosening the matching so there are fewer no matches is not the solution, AT ALL. My war experience has been ruined because of the last 7 or 8 wars I've done (in a few different clans) there has only been one war that was a matchup worth creating-- the others were all badly mismatched, blowout victories that weren't about strategy or activity, they were all rooted in a war that was totally mismatched. So making that problem even more severe just renders the war system even more broken and useless than it stands currently.

2. I find it unbelievable that kaw admin is giving up on helping clans to get matches for S3 - no substantial changes to mechanics... So we are resigned to a season of no matches?
    While I agree the future needs change, we first need this season to be a success - so please sort season 3 before you worry about season 4.
    Give clans more guidance on how to build rosters that will get matches - being told to look at the clans either side and trying to match their roster obviously isn't working.
    Sort it please.

3. To adress the mid butthurt

Look at the player nipper
    Nipper is a mid and is highly effective in wars!

But why eminem! I hear you cry

Because nipper can be bothered to get off his/her lazy arse unlike the rest of you fairy mids looking to war with half finished leaky ass builds!!

Whilst those builds maybe worked a treat in s1; since then hf has emerged! And clans are evolving! Times change my brethren!

So we, slim shady and indeed eminem, urge you mids to stop your butthurt in forums. Be more like nipper or one of the other great mids out there I most likely forgot to mention.

Thank you and good night!

Tl;dr

Mids are butthurt build like nipper and you'll win yeah innit

4. With every clan rostering the same build types ie sh/sos1 just remove hit ratio for a week,let us see if it improves amount of wars and how it impacts the match ups regarding close/blowout wars. A) a lot of accounts specific to EE are no longer warring due to the amount of no match received B) revenue has to be suffering for you guys C) war is war,is it fair? Rarely .

5. Eminem I had 11m cs with over 2m adt and 2.4m sdt when season 3 started. I just tore all that down after being so tired of fighting bad matchups, figured I would try going sht and see if that helped.

So yeah, nice try

6. Also, a series of wars where you sign up as an individual and get assigned to clans.

Trolls/inactives would be rooted out by having a "past wars" portal on a player's profile and having a list like a trophy case of best wars (chosen by player) and recent wars. The clan would have the option to kick and replace a player if 2/3 of the members voted for it.

Then, you get thrown into a lobby with another clan. These wars could be completely unscheduled and run 24/7 for convenience, or scheduled to prevent people from putting alts into the other clan (however they could only use their alts a limited amount of times since the past war history would show). Another option is to have these wars scheduled so everyone can look forward to, and plan for it. When the lobby is opened, the two clans get one hour to replace people, and 45 minutes to let members decide if they want to leave the war (this is to stop them from leaving immediately before it starts). Since there's a one-hour replacement time, there will be a one-hour joining time. All replacements will be added based on who makes the match most equal.

Also, the lobby won't have a definite size, but the clan numbers must be equal, with a minimum and maximum that can be chosen by devs or voted on by the clans. The clans would be dev-created and be more like a team than a clan. Teams could be outside wars, or you could use clans instead of teams as well.

Sorry for going slightly off-topic, but it's within the realm of wars, and in the lobby system you don't get a "no-match" unless the individual player can't fit into anything. All matches created in this system should be extremely well-made and it really gives players more of a voice in their wars.

7. Another idea (for a short term basis) is to give the clans who no matched decisions in still going through with a war against a potentially stronger clan. For example: Say clans 1-10 (1 being the strongest, 10 being the weakest) signed up for war and all clans but clan 4 and 7 got a match. Give both sides the decision to war. If both clans ultimately say yes, that matchup is now made. If the much "weaker" clan wins they get a bigger payout than usual. This may seem unfair for the bigger clan, but they already have a cs/bfa/bfe advantage, so why not reward the "underdog" for potentially overtaking the bigger clan? Payouts for the bigger clan would not decrease, so I think this is something that could work. Of course if there would have to be tweaks to the idea, but the basics is there. Give the clans the choice to war rather than just say "poor hit ratio"

8. Some of the ideas suggested all over forums - I can't remember who suggested what first so sorry for not citing sources:

- To improve matches:
    1. Tighten hit ratio; or,
    2. Make 2 divisions (0-10M and 10M to LB); or
    3. Disqualify clans in which members are dtw/dts to eachother (internal hit ratio) or
    4. Make builds pay a minimum amount per land unlocked;

- Weigh in static stats (bfa an bfe) much more heavily than cs when matching clans;

- Increase participation: introduce war xstals or their equivalent; better payout in gold/aqua/inferno and other drops in wars;

- Make scouts less powerful by cutting out the use of spy attack pots;

- Disqualify builds without at least 1 attack build;

I'm sure I missed a bunch.

Maybe even: Postpone the rest of season 3 until these issues are solved and try something different. We are all wasting way too much time on no matches and mismatches️

9. No worries re: off topic Devil, that was a great idea. That's why were here, to listen to your ideas.

10. KAW_ADMIN can you answer my comments and questions on page 1

11. @kaw_admin, for everyone who doesn't get a match they should be rewarded 1 rancor point because with all these no matches I only have 11 rancor points. 50 rancor points is very difficult with all the no matches.

12. @MM, if that were to happen, then people would purposely throw matches and get more rewards than the people who try and fail.

13. You can tell when people try to throw matches, just ban them if it happens too much.

14. The whole matching system needs work. Until the devs stop rewarding people for not growing (sh/gh), nothing will be fixed. A small build like that shouldn't have so much power that they control the game. It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

15. Change things back to how they were before the season started. There were hardly any problems with no matches during the off-season. Why did u bate and switch it on us? Our clan built/recruited for s3 based upon the off-season wars and match ups. Sure the system wasn't perfect. BUT IT WAS A WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN IT IS NOW. Its not like the match ups that do happen are any more fair than before. And getting matched only 1/3 times you sign up is incredibly frustrating. We've tried just about everything a mid-sized clan can do to change the hit ratios used on our roster. People are quitting wars over this and I don't blame them. Change it back please!

Also hitting tvp is fine & dandy every once in a while but when you are hitting that stupid thing 8-10 times a week, it gets old fast.

16. DVD that's not a problem with the matching system, it's the plunder system that needs to be changed to discourage non-growth.

17. Banning people makes you lose players.

18. re: OMEGA

1. Sure, what do you propose?
    2. This isn't a question.
    3. Starting to get frustrated with you...
    4. Yes, we do promos and events (Moth Hunt etc)

Thank you for the letting us know what you think we've been doing better. We are going to make PVP better too, and I like your other ideas as well.

19. I think the answer is a lot simpler.

I think it's pretty clear that the problem is low participation. Matchmaking quality is proportional to the number of clans participating.

So here's my proposal to fix the issue: give people more reason to EE than EB.

Currently, no matter what happens in EE, losing side will lose mith/gold/pots. That's a high risk compared to EB, which offers guaranteed gold/equipment/pots.

IMO, the reward of losing EE must be AT LEAST equal to winning an EB before you'll start seeing any changes.

20. Honestly. It's broken. No matter what happens someone will figure out a bypass. Devs said to keep buying allies after signup to a minimum, however, I know a clan that does this constantly every war to keep small roster than hire allies after to have an advantage. One solution is to make no ally hires after signup, that's why they made bronze bars. That makes clans that should match higher clans match higher clans.
    But another thing, if you guys do think of something, try to figure out any way someone could bypass it, then block that bypass. Spend a few days or a week trying because it would be only a matter of days or weeks till someone figures it out.

My favorite solution is made by devil, on how you get assigned to clans. People will complain, "but I have a clan and id like to stick with them," well honestly, it's the best idea I've heard. You could have your own prestige on your profile saying how often you win or lose with your own win/loss ratio so people can see how good you are.

My solution. Everything was fine back with gh. But suddenly everyone blamed gh so they nerfed them, and added hit ratio. But nothing actually matters now. Once they made sh, no one cares about them. Only on the population of them in wars. So maybe just go back to the old matching system because I saw little flaws in it