New Type of War: Phase Wars

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by l_Shad_I, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Phase Wars

The Issue

Nowadays, wars take a lot of time out of a day. The war itself is only an hour, but many clans expect you to be there 1-2 hours beforehand. This is one of my reasons for not being able to war: I, like many others, simply cannot devote 2-3 hours straight of my day to a war. I simply just don't have the time.

The Solution

My solution to this issue is the idea of...Phase Wars! So, what are phase wars? Well,

Phase wars are an hour long like regular wars. They will have the same amount of people in each team as regular wars. However, the war will be in 4 15 minute phases. The catch? Each team is split evenly into 4 groups that only war during their 15 minute phase. The team's plunders are added up at the end and, as usual, the clan with the highest plunder wins.

That is a phase war. Why is this a great idea? Well, it will make it so people don't need to take out 2-3 hours of their day to war. Instead, they only need to be on for 15 minutes.

Also, it will cause clans to create completely new strategies for these wars. No longer will the same clans dominate wars, every clan will have a chance to learn to use this new system of wars to their advantage. It will give wars a new taste to them that they need. Teamwork will be more important than ever. Strategy of creating groups will be a challenge.

How will xtalling work?

Each group will be able to use 5 xtals total in their 15 minute period

What if someone in their 15 minute period is inactive?

They'll be treated the same way as if inactive in another type of war.

Can the clan choose their 4 teams before the war?

Yes, the clan may choose teams before the war begins. Not sure about this, please leave your opinion on it.

So, that's my idea. Opinions on it? Ideas to improve/change it?

2. Reserved for new ideas

The heading for the war would look like:

Phase
    Duration: 60 Minutes (15 minute periods)
    KO: 2-3 Minutes
    Roster Size: 20
    Hit Restrictions: OFF
    BFA: ON
    BFE: ON
    Ally Hire*: WAR ONLY

Roster size, hit restrictions, BFA, BFE, and ally hire would be changed time to time per war. But, KO time would remain at 2-3 minutes each war.

3. Inb4 the "5xtals?!" Otherwise I like the idea.

4. terrible idea how long are u ko'd 2 mins ?

5. 5 xtals per group or person?

6. Per group

7. Good idea but what are ko times?

8. 2min KOs sounds good to me. What do you guys think?

9. Once upon a time

Wars were all weekend
    Then system was added
    Wars were 12-48 hours long
    Then times changed
    And many more people joined
    Now wars are not wars
    They are convenient times to manipulate the system
    Good job folks

10. 5min ko times sound good. Just 1regen

11. Yea sounds like a good idea. But it'd suck if all the inactives were in one group. And ko times? What would they be?

12. Who chooses the xtalers? How much regen per 2min? (If thats the ko time)

13. The best solution is longer wars, not shorter. Short wars mean an inordinate amount of time goes into preparation and roster selection compared to time spent fighting. I'd much rather see 24 or 48 hour wars. full day wars are also fair to all time zones.

14. Be virtually impossible to use all 5 xstals in 5 mim

15. Support for 24 hour wars

16. Support. I like this idea, would be interesting too ^_^

17. Regen time would take 5 minutes so that's only like 2 in a half regens

18. So this is will be a type of clan war like round and primal?