New Lands/Buildings idea

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Nighthawk_FPBO_1, Mar 23, 2017.

1. I've already posted this on other threads but thought its own thread was needed. A 3rd dimension is the premise.

IMO this is the time to break away from the past and change gears bringing in new content.

I propose the new lands have a new pair of buildings introduced. BALLISTAS for both Attack and Spy that damage buildings during OSW PVP and EE. NO attack or spy attack buildings. Those damaged buildings can regen or be repaired faster by using gold. I guess maybe MITHRIL would be another idea for any faster repairs. Going in a totally different direction from simply getting more att/spy stats creates a more interesting set of ideas for build plans and their use.

For those who constantly rail on about chasing BC as if its all that matters this is a compromise.
    Those who EB only which is fine these BALLISTAS r for non eb use hence do not effect EB only ppl. While ppl in OSW PVP and EE game styles ug for their purposes the EB only folks carry on as usual at no loss to them.

Building damage cap TBD

Thx and look forward to your posts

EDIT: this a build vs build idea not for EB's

EDIT: MARCH 31,2017

New lands /buildings for war only.....

Be creative without disrupting the normal game play. I'm BC along with many others who if they are here for events & eb's as a mainstay may not agree with this idea.

My suggestion for war only buildings can add a 3rd dimension as in 2 new buildings that can damage towers to a maximum of say either of 50% 60% or 70%. Taking it a step further building upgrades are kept in line with build sizes. Buildings regen like Troops or Spies or also by using gold.

EG: level 1-5 is unlocked when in Highlands
    ------level 6-10 unlocked when in Hoarfrost
    ------level 11-15 unlocked when in Abyss lands
    ------level 16-20 unlocked for Osman lands
    LOWLANDS are unaffected

Furthermore a new and unique building is also created along the lines of the castle. This is upgradeable for each new level for upgrading the new war buildings.

Moving on to who or why players would use these tower busters. Those in OSW PvP or EE or other war events can only use these and not available for use against EB's nor Quests. Those players who play for EB's & events may argue the new buildings are not needed or wanted but i will counter argue they can use them against unfriendly players as a counter measure. There would be no plunder loss nor gain and allow 1 more gold sink.

Lastly any new other lands/buildings for the normal progression could be delayed to allow more time for those players whose end game is BC. Its a temporary delay as i believe its inevitable that KaW will release new lands/buildings for the BC who want them and need them to keep interest high.

EDIT: MARCH 31,2017

Another pair of.buildings to destroy BALLISTAS can also be introduced for a total of 4 new buildings.

2. Tired of fight all the ideas. May as well work on ones to make the game fun.

What about shield buildings as well? These would replace towers as non-Plunder making buildings but when ballistics attack, these shield would take the damage first?

3. Nice twist & why not
    Call them something like SAPPERS who offset the BALLISTAS. 4 totally new buildings then.
    Any new dimension is worth exploring.

4. Sounds a good idea bro, Support ️

5. Would ballistics get their own bar or be mixed in with regular actions?

If with regular actions maybe have sky attacks only effect spy stats and attack effect attack stats.

(I would incorporate these new builds on all lands. After highlands; as far as damages go.)

What about this. 4 new builds:

(Names can be changed, I suck at names)
    Ballistic for Troops
    Hell Fire for Spy
    Walls for troop defense
    Wanderer for Spy defense.

The amount of damage done depends on how many and how much you UG the attack and damage received depends on how much you get hit and how strong these shields are.

The way to recover is either Time or Gold.

Time will work per building with the time it takes to heal depending on how much damage it takes.

No buildings will be damaged below 50%

Instead of using mith for rebuilding, I would create spells. Spells to increase damage and spells to slow damage.

Damage: amount taken will be set up much like strips. To completely level your kingdom to 50% you would have to be stripped. But if that strip is spies only, you will only lose 50% of your spy stats. Until rebuilt or until the amount of time it takes for the buildings to repair themselves.

If you troop skim as well, troop buildings will take the hit. Same goes for being constantly pinned.

I feel separating the sides would bring to it interesting game play.

(Note: Assassins will hurt both)

EE: After EE all Buildings will be 100% durning the war.

The winning side of the EE will grant 15% building health.

What this means: Your build will not be damaged doing EE, you are safe. And regardless of lingering damage, you will EE at full health.

But, if you go into EE with a damaged kingdom and win, you will get 15% health added to all damage buildings.

Broken sword will hurt your buildings by 5%

Example:
    Buildings are at 60% headed into the War
    Buildings act as 100% durning the War
    You lose: Buildings go back to 60%
    You Win: Buildings go to 75%
    You get a broken sword: Building go to 55% regardless of if your team wins or losses.

What are your thoughts Night?

6. Much to digest bro. I like how u think and why not a separate bar and actions.

7. It could be that as well. I was thinking more along the lines of what we have now.

8. This idea i present has no effect on EB only ppl & is solely applied to those who EE PVP or OSW. EB only ppl can carry on while build vs build gets much needed attention. Those who play KaW in a 1 dimensional play style have more than enough content to occupy them.

Nothing stops anyone from getting farmed as we all know. Thats the risk ppl take in KaW.

9. I'd love a 3rd dimension to this game. Support

10. Thx for putting it that way 
    3rd dimension has a nice ring to it.

11. Ohh okay, that clicks. So it will be a pvp only action that doesn't use up spies and troops.

Then the question goes to this. Other than fun of having an extra bar for pvp only. What does it do to help your kingdom? Better Plunder on successful actions?

As much as I like it, it does need to have an incentive if players are to use it. Otherwise they will ignore it so that they could slam on target with the hopes of forcing a cf.

12. new lands have only 2 building choices of BALLISTAS for attack or spy. There r NO attack nor Spy Attack buildings for sale. Buildings r optional and are only usable in OSW PVP or EE. Ignore them or not there is no incentive other than using them.

13. Support good work bro coming up with this idea. As it will make wars and osw more interesting and fun.

14. Sadly I doubt it's use in OSW. EE and pvp, sure.

But OSW aim is to summit the other side. The entire build could be bypassed by a lot in its current stage.

It would be fun but it needs to be something more otherwise why use it in War when it doesn't hurt the other player. On the flip side, of it does hurt, why give the other side another way to hurt you when it doesn't give you any gains in the game.

Not trashing the idea because it is a good one. It just needs a bit more to it for it to be great and valid to gameplay.

Currently if is billed better for EE because it can give more actions and a third dimension to wars.

Though I still support the idea and I think it can be a really fun one after a few tweaks.

15. Tweak away thats the point of tossing out the idea for anyone to help fix any rough edges.

16. If my thread is unclear i will monitor this thread and clarify any questions. Keep it coming.

Thx

17. I support this thread.

18. I don't understand what's the point to be able to destroy buildings? So the badass hot shot osw player to be able to go to his bunch of bad ass hot shot weaklings (let's name it simple: his OSW clan) and "I hate this guy! He made me to feel bullied and violated. I want his build destroyed".
    Anyway it won't happen. I mean c'mon... Did you guys read the new ToU changes? In what kind of Kookoo land are you to actually think that devs will get even near "destroy buildings" idea?

"Kingdoms at War incorporates PvP mechanics such as attacking others and farming as a core component of gameplay. As such, these are permitted actions.
    In extreme cases however, repeated negative interactions with someone that go beyond the scope of fair gameplay may be seen as harassment and are assessed on a case by case basis by ATA Support and Product Team."

19. Easy Tiguan 

Buildings cannot be totally destroyed only diminished at a TBD amount. Taking it another step forward it could only apply to say towers. At this juncture its about adding a 3rd dimension for BUILD vs BUILD play style. Regenning buildings is like repairs occur or sped up by using gold.

1 Example of how this would work.
    I'm in EE & was assassinated into KO.
    During this blitz my SDT was also damaged down to lets say a 60% level. My 2 regens in KO repair to 76% & i spend gold to get to 100%.

Damage can be limited to 50%