nerdy role players- the truth

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by DaddyOwnsYou, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Just to save you looking back. And yup must if been narked at the comment late when I wrote the immature remark though the response makes me stand by that.
    But the jobs entailed in the above description of life.
    Doctors, nurses, police, all services and civil servants. They make life in a country possible. Teachers training the next generation.
    I put emphasis on all of them. Not just the army.
    It's a shame you don't see that and value their worth.
    It's a shame that sports pros and people on tv pretending to have a life like yours ( see any soap ) are held in more esteem than any of them. And the worth of a person is judged by what they earn.
    The sad truth is no nation on earth can pay the services what they are worth. It would bankrupt nations.
    That's not a contradiction. It's a fact of an economy driven lifestyle. People are always under valued and under appreciated

2. Lol at the moral high ground.
    This a forum on a game. My voice matters no more than yours or anyone's.

Should have more confidence in yourself.

Though I will argue for any cause I feel is worthy. Any perception changed or reconsidered is well worthwhile.
    And just as I am not there to personally assess how you feel, also you have no way to know how I feel beyond that stated much less the motivation behind it.

3. In case you didnt realise, I made no mention of the public services other than the army. You are using irrelevant parts of your argument to attempt to hide that you have contradicted yourself elsewhere.

That is merely a part that didnt contradict itself and also a part which I didnt disagree with.

I havent said anything about how I feel about the public services or their worth.

What I have said is that the government doesn't value them the same way as maybe the people do.

Your contradictions were when you mentioned the army protecting your freedom and when you said that the government was not voted in by the majority of people and were corrupt.

You are not free if the government, the people running the country, are corrupt and not acting by the best interests of the people hence the army doesn't protect your freedom. And i specifically only say it doesnt protect your freedom because that is the part that contradicts itself in your argument.

4. You should know, OP can't Inb4

5. And as I stated the people are free to appeal any action of government.
    They may be to lazy and or ignorant of how to do it. But it is easily done relatively.
    And the government has not taken away any of my personal freedoms. Unless you count the fact I would really like to wall down the street with a sword and machine gun. But as those are offensive weapons, I see no real value doing so.
    The people choose not to appeal the government as they at present have no real need to. We are a free nation as much as one can exist these days. My government does not restrict my rights.
    So how am I contradicting myself saying that I am free even though I have a corrupt government.
    A change of who runs the finances of the nation doesn't make me any more free.

6. And I stated all the services. It was yourself that soley used the reference to soldiers out of context.
    The army is part of a system. Without civil servants doing the logistics of finance we have no army.
    Without doctors we have no freedom to choose to have ailments treated and live the best quality of life possible.
    Without teachers we have no access to career options that aid our future.
    It's a package deal.
    Freedom does not mean doing whatever you want. It means doing whatever you are capable of doing within a functional society.
    You are not ever free to walk Down a street and shoot someone. There are consequences.
    But ask myself about freedom and someone from a 3rd world nation and you will have very different answers. It's both relative and personal.
    To any nation it's a social question.
    But if you aren't happy you are free to try and institute change.

7. Lol you have completely changed your argument to hide the fact that you contradicted yourself.

I didnt take soldiers out of context, I used your context of what the armed forces are for and your implications of how the government works.

You said the people can stop the government doing whatever it wants, yet, to go back to my original argument, the people do not view the armed forces as worthy of more pay otherwise they wouldve forced the government into paying the armed forces more money.

8. Nope my view is the same. And ok brainiac
    Lets see 100,000 soldiers needing payment in line with lets say scarlet Johansen ( Downey is a bit steep) 2.5 mil approx a feature from avengers so make that annual
    Where's the money coming from? Then you have the police, Air Force, navy, drs, nurses etc.
    black hole budget time how do the people fund a persons true worth. And where do you draw the line at a persons worth.
    2% currently spent on defence alone. Where do you make the next wave of cuts ?

9. And could you please tell me how I am not free ? Because I feel pretty free right now.

10. Can I be bill Clintons cigars?

11. Next wave of cuts? Im not the blooming government lol I'm just making statements on how the current situation is. Not its morales.

You are not free because you have laws. Freedom is when you can do anything you want whenever you want.
    Sure youre free to do most things. Im happy the way things are. Just saying if i wanted to kill someone, not that i do, i cant. Im not free. Not without consequences.

Anyway, that's irrelevant.

So you dont have anything except a question about freedom and a few irrelevant things about budget cuts to try argue your point?

12. Yes they can. 2-3 years ago putting inb4s in your OP was the way to go Cx

13. So freedom only exists if you have the right to kill some one or do something immoral that society would frown upon.
    People should do whatever they want with no consequences.

Ok fine go to Afghanistan and feel free to wear an English flag.

Freedom is interpretive as I said.
    You have more extreme unrealistic ideas that would destroy a society.

And if you are going to place a value on people and their roles in life then yes you must be willing to account to where that costing is coming from.
    No point spouting views if they cannot be implemented.

How do you propose changing a corrupt government?
    Why would you change this one?
    What's their purpose at the moment as opposed to other parties?
    What's their endgame?

14. One man's freedom ends where another man's freedom starts. By killing someone (as you have said in your example), you are violating someone else's freedom

15. Endgame btw is easy. To make a bucket load of money and pay the least for services so that when they leave office they are set to live the high life for the rest of their natural.

Why do I want the greedy self serving bleeps out.
    I don't I want them in government out of the choices.
    Socials that will bankrupt a nation vs greedy cut throats business men that need a booming economy for their own ends.
    The booming economy trickles down and helps everyone.
    No one is ever paid their worth.
    A footballer gets millions.
    A dr makes a fraction and yet he saves lives.
    Ridiculous. And yet the people pay to see the matches.

So am I free. Yes to live in a society that is trying to be free from oppression and hatred.
    Where as frustrating as it is a pos can wear an Isis flag freely whist others in their home nation die for believing something different.

16. Now that I totally agree with.

17. Wow that was a seriously long poop. I bet your legs fell asleep.

18. I now know how it looks like if I get hooked in an argument..... Now I realized that I'm actually short-tempered :/ ..........
    Not gonna let myself get hooked again......