- N O - M A T C H U P - S O L U T I O N S -

Discussion in 'Wars' started by Wulf, Mar 31, 2013.

1. It's the fact that there's no compensation AT ALL.

At our rate, there's no chance of lvl 50 rancor.

V͇̼͇̫ͥ͜͢A͇̼͇̫ͣ͜L͇̼͇̫ͫ͜

2. Well Worm (are you Val?), this does create clan loyalty; however, it punishes the unusual clan. IE: your worm clan that was created simply to EE. While a great idea, clans like this tend to stack with certain amounts of certain build stats. This makes it unusual compared to other clans with a wide range of builds who can war.

I'm not saying this is the case with your clan, but just EE based clans in general.

I respect Val's try to make an EE clan. Best of luck Season 1 bro

3. Thank you Wulf! That clears some things up for the people out there! At least I hope it does, lol.
    That would explain why clans with no matchup would STAY without a matchup even after seven wars.

4. No I'm not Val, but regardless if it was made out of the intentions on participating in season 1, does not mean there is no loyalty. And what makes this clan unusual? Nothing.

This clan is completely normal, mind telling me what you think about it that is unusual?

5. Thats what you got from that post?
    My guild hansel wars nicely.

I have not researched your clan but maybe your issue isn't the guildhansels but the quantity of them in relation to the strength & quantities of other waring bodies in your clan vs what is typical within KAW.

Remember the key word is "Match"
    If you make a clan that is unlike any that is warring don't expect a fight in a system that looks for "Matches"

IDK. Try reading page 1 again. Best I got for ya.

6. I disagree I think the system tries to support loyalty but it really kinda fails. If you screw up or dont have needed things (pots,mith,xstals) your kicked. It is more a group of mercenaries in alot of cases than a dedicated clan. I guess the thought was there but in reality clan loyality doesn't mean staying in the clan forever. It means servicing the clan. So when I go out to item hunt is that meaning un-loyal? NO! I honestly think the Estoc Edge is kinda stupid for degrading after leaving a clan but that horse has been beat way to much. The system has its faults but it is still pretty good just don't say that is supports or encourages clan loyality because it really doesn't. I am still loyal to a clan that I am not even in, so do I really have to be physically in the clan to be loyal. NO!

7. I do agree there should at least be a reset of EE and maybe 10 mith (like intial screw up). However this shouldn't even be an issue. Compensation wouldn't even have to be talked about if you were withdrawn 1 out of 10 tries (or something like that). The fact is bad match-ups are worse than withdraw, however withdraw is still crappy. To diminish this issue the staff needs to imploy a new strategy to encourage more participation.

8. Well said
    Though I don't understand half the things discussed it didn't hurt my brain to read.
    Does this mean that the "no match up" issue will all be put on one thread instead of many 

9. @Worm-You have a clan with a couple large guys and a grip yon of guild hansels. Basically unless theres another clan structured like yours then odds are you wont get a matchup, its pretty simple.

If your not getting matchups look at clans structures that are and try to structure your clan like that.

Compensation? Its your fault for building that wack war clan, why should the devs compensate you for your mistake?

Seemed like it was all directed at you, but it was general as well to all the clans with builds like yours.

10. Cheezeplz, the one suggestion with any potential was the one that I replied to and so did admin and we pointed out the issues. The OP tried to waste our time by not understanding that his suggestion is not an option. Most others don't even deserve any feedback.

Many people come up with ridiculous suggestions and are convinced that their stupid ideas are going to solve the no-match issue. Then they complain that devs won't waste their time giving feedback on a doomed suggestion.

As wulf said... admins read many of the suggestions and if there was a promise in a suggestion, they would contact the OP or post on the thread expressing so. There has been NO suggestions so far that have shown any promise...but, this does not mean that ATA is not addressing this issue or trying to figure out a solution on their own

11. Fellow worms, listen to Wulf's responses carefully. He is trying to help us and give us advice; not criticize us.

12. *criticise? Idek

13. It's not a whack build, it's a build.

I also see many, many, MANY clans on kaw with a few strong guys, and a load of weaker ones.

It's not our fault the devs can't convince enough people to war.

Why compensate? Because we shouldn't have to alter our builds 5 times before we get a match up. Also, we sign up to war, and when we do sign up, that means we lose out on our lives. Many of us in fact change our schedules, which means sacrifices, to be able to war.

When we are denied a war, that fuels hate because we made a lot of sacrifices to war. You cannot tell us it's out faults for not being able to war. We cannot keep looking at every clan signing up then switch out builds to match them.

The devs need to make people more motivated. Simple.

14. No I think what worm is saying is that if it is so common (like it is now) there should be compensation. It shouldn't be our responsibility to stalk another clan for their size and strength just to get a match-up. War the way you want and if that means 10 LBers and 20 guild hansels so be it, just let them get a match-up more than 50% of the time. Once again I reiterate, more participation would solve this issue (for the most part). One might say it is the devs fault for making clans stalk other clans or build clans they way they don't like.

Note: This is another reason why it is not very 'clan-loyal friendly' because clans now need to regulate builds.

15. The guy saying "it's the system."

It's your fault for not being within the threshold to get a matchup. You don't need to change builds. You need to modify your combined clan strength and/or number of participants

16. Angel, the only way to keep loyalty and change strength is to alter builds.

17. A compensation makes sense because of the inconvenience, but the threshold to prevent bad matchups isn't going anywhere so you might as well stop blaming it

18. Honestly, would you rather have a match that's impossible to win, or no match?

19. That's the only way? Kind of ridiculous if you think altering builds clan-wide to vary strength is the solution here. You could easily replace a few members/alts with those who have different strength and try to get a matchup

20. Your implying that if KaW staff doesn't reply that is shows no potential and that is it a not likely to fix. However no-one can be certain without a "The staff at AThinkingApe believes this is not a very practical solution to the problem at hand. I recommend that you stop trying to continue on this idea and begin to innovate and create another idea -thx" message that says basically your suggestion is a fail please try again.

Without this message one can not be certain if an idea is a fail or not. Of course when admins/devs/staff comment on a forum that it is likely a winner but there is also many suggestions that are not commented on by admins/devs/staff that could probably have the approval of them.