My (negative) experience with KoHF

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Kasama, Nov 28, 2017.

1.  lady k jus got t. rekted 

2. I've been playing KoH since day one of beta, when clan sizes were 10. Been in Cedric's since the start, now I'm at 200mill might and we're biggest clan there.

The game gets boring quick.
    Essentially all you do is grind, hit titans/monsters and farm nodes. I hate having to login daily and collect 100 chests and keep tapping them to open them, then find a titan and hit it 50 times to make some rss.

The biggest problem I have with the game is the paywall. It hits you quick. Sure you can F2P and get by till a point, once you hit TH18-19. Each upgrade is over 2mill and more.

Your safe cap is only 1mill. So what do you do? You gotta grind hit a titan daily, farm nodes gather and then keep tapping on chests.
    Gets tedious. The only reason I play it is because of the people I met there, I see myself quitting soon. Mostly because of the paywall. At TH18 and 200mill might, all my upgrades are 2-3.5mill and unless I'm spending money the only other way to get it is by a lot of grinding. So I can't be arsed hitting a titan 50 times a day to do upgrades. It's stupid. So I'm stuck at TH18 and 200m. The paywall is enormous and the funny part is I've spent a fair bit there. Now they want us to pay to get dragons too.

Also, the developers allowed unrestricted spending during the beta. Basically a paid preview of the game, so you have players there like Donno who are bigger than the entire top 50LB and can't be touched even if the top 50 LB ganged up on him. The game fundamentally was ruined because of the devs allowing unrestricted spending during beta at lower prices than the current store prices. That and the cheesy graphics meant for children.

Edit: Did I mention you have to pay money to get legendary dragons? That would be KaW's equivalent of having to pay $ directly to get the new buildings and not via gold :lol:

3. I give it a one star. At least they changed boards. If this is the future of ATA, count me out

4. I downloaded it 20-30 minutes prior to writing and posting the thread.

I didn't play KoFH for solely 30 mins.

Which was what your comment said.

5. My experience so far has been boring as hell. Wait for this to happen. You can only upgrade 1 thing at a time. Battles last 30 second. People are too afraid to attack each other.

Game is boring 1/10 on the creativity scale. Its just like 90% of other games out there just cartoon instead of realism

6. I have something for moments like this 

7. Repeating the same stuff for two years.

Kind of gets boring after a while.

It doesn't even make any sense.

8. Ecstasy that's a really interesting story. I just picked the game up recently and thought "damm this is a really easy to consume but grindy game" but that paywall sounds absolutely riddiculous.
    I was wanting to praise the game based on how much better it is to other games in the genre like that hobbit game. It's much easier to consume and understand but still has the positive aspects.

Aside from the paywall you described. The characters and graphics are hella cheesy but I kinda like it tbh lol kinda like slime rancher in that you know it's cheesy n stupid but you still like it. You know they could be better if they wanted so you know theyre intended to be as cheesey and quirky as they are.

9. @Daddy. It's quite tedious.

We had five rounds of resets and a few micro devo tests. Then a soft launch and now the global launch.

The soft launch happened about 2 months back, being in the #1 clan means I get a lot of tokens/rss from clanmates. Yet I'm at a point where I can't upgrade anything, because all my upgrades are over my safe resource caps. If I had to do these upgrades, I'd have to find a bunch of Titans and hit them repeatedly. All the while staying under a shield so I don't get hit for my resources now over the cap.
    Or I'd have to send out my troops to gather a measly 60K, that takes 2 hours.

So you can imagine how much grinding a 2mill gold upgrade would take. So I'm at that point where there's a strong paywall and the only way I can get forward is if spend money or if I spend a few hours grinding daily.

Reason I won't spend anymore is because we beta players got some really good deals from the web store and discounted offers, the global launch in app purchases are higher and not worth it in my opinion. To add fuel to fire, ATA released 3 new PvP Dragons along with the global launch that can only be obtained with money. So aside from the paywall, there's PvP dragons that I'll never have unless I'm willing to buy them with real money.

I was against the no limits spending during beta because you had 500 players at one point and #1 LB bigger than the top 100 combined.

So at KoH's global launch, the game enters the app store scene with whales that literally cannot be touched thanks to the unrestricted spending during beta. The #1 there can't be taken on even if the entire top 50 jumped him. The gap there is already so huge that it makes me question ATA's judgment. Then again, that's something they aren't know for. You see, ATA created a sinking ship already before it was even launched. You have no idea how crazy the disparity amongst LB was because of the beta deals and no limits spending. Maybe it'll even out with time, until then you have our #1 Donno porting all over the map and hitting everybody. :lol:

Just my two cents.

10. ...best of lol

11. I don't agree with the paywall. When you reach those super expensive upgrades you can go a few ways. Our clan all send goods to whoever need the big upgrade, that way it's done. Or you can shield while you save.

I've kept all my shields and have almost 80x 8hr shields, I also kept all my tokens so have more than plenty to cover any big upgrade cost.

You pick up gems everyday by being active and spend them only in chests and you can do really well.

As for donno. He's a beast. Complaining about donno is like complaining about cella or red star. Most clans couldn't take down cella or restar but a few could., just like in Heckfire the same applies.

12. How big are you? What TH are you? It's all easy until you max out TH18 and the upgrades are twice are safe caps.

I guess it's different when you're the biggest clan out there. You can't send resources to everyone who has a 2m upgrade, wouldn't make sense because a majority of us are that big at the minimum.

Shields? Shields are finite. If you're really PvP-ing often, you're forced to pay for shields to save up resources. Let's not forget you can't make the free 4 hour shield daily from the monster event, unless your using up energy tokens, which again is finite.
    Teleports? They aren't free or come by easy either. You wanna port to your favourite titan daily? You gotta pay for that too.
    Let's not forget that if you aren't porting, your titan you plan to grind out might be minutes away. That's a few minutes for just a single match.

Assuming you make 800 gems a day, at some point that's not enough to bridge the amount upgrades require. Don't buy a 1K clan pint a day, there's still not enough gems to buy resources directly. If you're focusing on one biome, say goodbye to your gems tryna buy dragon chests.

I was glad someone compared Donno to red because the size disparity is entirely different.
    If the top 50LB on KoH were to get Donno, with the wrong dragons on they still wouldn't be able to take him together. Big difference. Also, let's not forget the key point here is that KoH is entering their app life with untouchable whales. Imagine a game that's barely a week old since it's global launch and that whales have dropped tens of thousands of dollars and are untouchable? Doesn't bode well for a game that young. Imagine if KaW was a week old and had a LB #1 that can't be touched no matter what?

Regardless it all boils down to what TH you are and how big you are, if you're <TH18 it's easy to get by until your upgrades are double or more than your safe caps and require you to hit a L2 Titan daily to just keep up. Hence why it's called a pay wall, because you have to spend to get through that stage.

You aren't going to see any 250mill+ might players who've got there without spending, or aren't currently spending to continue growing and increasing that might.

13. Game sucks but the pop up clearly stated you will receive the throne on Friday at noon pst learn to like read

14. So ....like you go 0/50 and you think we are done? ....start failing chump stain

15. @ecstacy . I stopped increasing my town hall at 16 and just research to grow for now. It makes it easy to reach the daily quest teir 3 reward. I'm also in a lb clan which helps a lot also.

Making 800 gems a day is very minimal. It's normal to make 3 to 4 k gems per day. You're likely right about the paywall. I still am loving the game anyway .

16. And unlike redstar and cella. Donno is hyper on the move and active in realm chat appearing in the middle of hives and setting everyone ablaze adds a great element to the game.

17. I'm th19, with a maxed out th18 base and now getting close to jumping to 20. I do not see this giant paywall, but yes if you pay it is much easier to grow as it should be. Free to play is not supposed to be easy.

18. lol Lady K ...if you'll notice in the meme there is a toy plastic T. rex with the bottom lip bent inward making it appear buck toothed implying that the T. Rex (or you rather) have a lisp ...hence the caption reads "My name is Kathama" "Fear the T. Rekted" if you notice the OP of this meme spelled Kasama ... "Kathama" the "th" that replaces the "S" would further imply that you have a lisp. Spelling "wrecked" as "Rekted" would imply that not only do you possess a lisp but on top of that you are also illiterate. 

19. It's ironic that a huge portion of the daily quests in Heckfire involve a guy named Todd. Anyone who plays would know this.

20. ATA got lucky and hit gold with kaw other than that they have been late to all the other app parties and koh will be short lived and a fail in comparison. As stated b4 koh has been set up for failure by design they have learned nothing from kaw because it was just dumb luck. I enjoy this game but truly feel they really dropped the ball on here which has gotten worse. I have tried other games put out by ata and the phrase one trick pony comes to mind and kaw being the best of the bunch.