My idea for new furnishings

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Notme113, Jul 18, 2019.

1. I would like to preface this idea by saying I know it would be a lot of work and therefore cost money and resources the game is struggling to keep.

The devs kinda took one step forward, then one step back with the new chests. It's great to see them putting in some effort to get furnishings to everyone by introducing a chest with guaranteed furn drops, and we as players have a constant way of getting them through main and side legends. It's also nice to upgrade materials put into basic chests, and higher drop rates for royals. The step back is that the key for said new chests is 15 nobility, which is fairly low when compared to buying the pieces outright using nobility, and even when compared to the chests they released late last year with guaranteed drops of certain furn types. But it still brings up the point that they aren't "free". Free in quotations because it is possible to farm up nobility doing quests, or by completing free offers in the Oracle. But the most common way to get nobility is to buy it, which turns people away who want to a free to play game to be just that, free to play.

My idea for furnishings and a way to make them available for everyone and not have them behind loot boxes or a pay wall, is to introduce a furnishing set for each tier of EB; with each EB in said tier dropping certain pieces of it at a lower percentage rate. To keep them free and available to everyone, they would not drop from premium EBs, so nothing would drop from RotWB, HTE, ZTA, or NK.

As I said at the beginning, I know this will be a lot of work. But it would be nice to see a truly free way to get furnishings just through playing the game. And as a bonus, they wouldn't be limited time like basic chests, or how it was when Khal'Khor was running.

Thank you for your time, please leave all comments and suggestions for how you think this should be handled.

2. 

3. Rather than have a dozen or more full sets, I think I'd prefer to see a single "eb set" where one piece drops from each eb series (with some series having 2, as there are more furn slots than eb series). Each eb in a series could have a slighty different drop rate, or maybe 2 in a series drop one piece and the other two drop another piece. Premium ebs ironically could drop walls, banners, and floors--people would collectively get a lot of them, which seems fair to me.

The hard part would be deciding which ebs get which furn. Instinctively, something like sverunganti = pet makes sense, but loads of people do goth/noth rota so we'd be drowning in pets. But at the same time, if you make calydor drop pets, loads of alts will farm for pets and get the same problem. So that'd be done balancing. Presumably you'd still be able to get a furn drop if you already have the furn, otherwise it won't really "get more furniture out there" to be used by players.

4. The funishings from the lower ebs do not need to have the same stats.
    One set per eb tier will work.
    Some extra bonus if you have them all.
    Can keep as some sets spy heavy or def heavy.
    This will bring back the ebs which are now forgotton by the clans.
    A great idea. Support.