My Feedback on New Chat Filter

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Seth, Feb 7, 2015.

1. What effort? Roll back the settings...

2. I bet it isnt that easy

3. The immature and the intellectually inept justify profanity or complain. Occasional profanity is used to express one self. Rampant use is for the losers in life. There is always pm to use freely. Morons seek entitlements in public forums.

4. It is actually, every server has save points whenever a setting is changed.

5. More on the point of changes. The developers should have writen their post a bit better. Something like, "...to alleviate the workload of moderators we've updated our chat filter..."

6. But there's like 30 of them....

7. And many more ppl on KaW simply abusing wc for their own selfish reasons. Many simpletons create statless alts for the sole purpose of being a nuisance. Keyboard cowards is the term i prefer.

8. 30? There should be well over 50. Heck 100

9. Alleviate the work load of mods? I see more silences than ever.

10. Oh for goodness sake. Stop crying about the ability to use profanity.
    Are you so emotionally immature that you cannot express yourself without vulgarity?

Stop crying over this change. Try to grow up and behave in a civilised manner.
    If not capable of that, then please. Find the biggest gang banger in your neighbourhood and use every expletive possible to describe him. I'm sure it will end well for you.

On an app though. Do you really think you are impressive for needing to use profanity to express yourself?

Really

11. If you're going to argue for the new filter by calling people who do use profanity when they speak/type unintelligent or uncivilized (really?!) then you need to proofread and correctly type your statements.

I shouldn't be able to go through your comment and find "ur", "u", "r", or any other variation of misspelled words. I shouldn't see words missing that would complete your sentence and make it coherent. Enough with the down talking of people who speak differently from you.

12. Coming from someone who just spoke down to everyone on thread without quoting any case where people have posted such things. Please do go out in public and use such language. Lets see how long it takes you to
    A - suffer abuse from someone taking offence.
    B - get arrested for disturbing the peace.
    C - have a parent ( preferably your own ) other wise a child's make you apologise to their child for such language.
    Keep your potty mouth to yourself. Or save it for where it is warranted. A kid friendly app unless the cc is 18 plus then it isn't needed.
    If you are too dumb to work out how to bypass the filter in clan chat with no affect to your chat ability. Then I strongly suggest you return to school.
    Now let these stupid threads die, quit crying about your falsely misunderstood right to free speech. And accept some social responsibility towards a community you are supposed to be part of online.

13. But the fact remains. There was nothing wrong with the old filter

How does that saying go? If it ain't broke don't fix it?

14. Because you could fully understand what someone was saying even using the stars.
    **** off
    Would be perceived as rude obviously. Even though I just typed four stars, but we all know how it is meant.

" off " as it now appears is not as offensive for parents to concern themselves about their children seeing.

So yes there was a minor issue.
    The filter change is very small and relatively harmless. So why do so many feel the need to argue for their right to be able to tell people to " star version of " get lost" and other such profanity?
    Why are people not capable of communicating without profanity these days?

Why are we forced to come to forums everyday since this minor change to see people act is of their favourite toy has been stolen from them.

Do people really just come to kaw to bully and belittle others? ( don't answer, I know ) but really do we need this massive outcry from so many people over something so insignificant?

15. You can perfectly understand context now;

**** off *****, go eat ****.

See? You can understand. New filter is just as "ineffective" as before. People will just you "freak" or "freaking", etc.

16. My point still stands. Insulting those who swear is stupid when you can't spell words correctly in your own comment. What the hell is "apologise"?

17. Apologise is the way it is spelled outside of the USA. Please consider the rest of the world when you speak out on spelling, many places spell things differently.

18. Alright, point taken on that.

19. The difference between English and americanised English.

And thank you so much. For proving just my point that people will argue for their right to insult and belittle others to make themselves feel superior.

Certainly shows why ata feel there is a need to address the social experience aspect people have on this chat app.

20. What does proper spelling n grammar matter?
    U get the gist is what matters. Acronyms r no different n policing spelling etc is overboard.We r talking communication not english exams is my point.