Meeting 1: Agenda

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dirty_LovelyDenial, Jun 26, 2015.

1. i honestly dont care one way or the other abt this but this law isnt truly set in stone i mean it basically is due to checks and balances obama can veto the supreme courts decision but i highly doubt he will and if it gets pass that point we get to watch a whole bunch of whiny politicians debate abt it and then another vote like i said i dont care one way or another but their is always that possibility

2. No, I believe that gays have a mental illness.

3. Like depression and anxiety? You wanna find a cure?

4. nothing like a stateless alt lol

5. Lots of mental illness been going on since humans existed.

6. Mental illness is a mental illness.

7. Are you saying that gays have mental illnesses and that they shouldn't be able to marry same sex because of it? Even if they truly believe they love the person? Depression is a mental illness. Let's stop them from marrying other people with depression.

8. Let's nerf the world! :)

9. I think a depressed person+another depressed person=double suicide. Soooo
    Maybe you got a point there?
    Edit: Plus the strains of marriage on the two depressed people? That'll end in at least one death.

10. My sarcasm is sometimes vague.

Look, every person has their own likes and dislikes. No human is the same. Gays have existed forever. Oppression, opinion, and those who seek to punish those who don't follow the same preference have also existed forever.

There is no mental illness. There is no "gay" gene. It's a decision based off of preference.

If you disagree, that's YOUR opinion. Not mine. Not everyone's.

The worlds people need to mind their own affairs, and stop trying to interfere with male/female preference. 10 years from now we will all be talking about the days when gay marriage wasn't legal. Just like women's rights. Just like slavery before.

The world is maturing. And it is beautiful.

11. I think you have mistaken Europe with the Middle East or Africa :')

12. 2 people in depression + loving happiness = less depression. Having someone there is better than having no one.

13. Haha, this actually got me laughing out loud

14. Wow, its literally 2015. We aren't living in the 1800's anymore. People can't choose to be gay or straight.

We can of course force ourselves to be straight... but then it only hurts us more because we know that's not who we are.

So many LGBT's try hard to be straight, there's a fear of being "different". Yet they can't, some even kill themselves because they can't change what they are.

Preference my ass. It would be so easy to just be straight. They get it sooooo damn easy.

15. If this is true, I have the cure for lesbians.

16. Apparently not enough kill themselves

17. And I'd just like to say, Xtreme is intelligent, I like his opinions.

Deni, you think you're tearing arguments up but you're really just poking them - with a toothpick.

And KillZone, you need to differentiate between being gay and doing gay things.
    Even if it's not a choice to have same gender attractions, it's a choice to act upon attractions.
    Like a pedophile acts upon his attractions.

So when people do call being gay a choice, that is debatable (personally I agree with Willy - no gay gene), but doing gay things is 100% a choice.

I maintain that all people should be judged based on actions not thoughts.

And FYI addressing the religious side of this
    - Most religious maintain that God punishes for sodomy (or same gender intercourse) not for being attracted towards the same gender.
    Let's assume you're correct and you are born gay, here's the religious view: (assume this life is a test - consistent view with main religions believing in afterlife)

You're test = not acting upon attractions/resisting temptations you've received
    Suffer now be rewarded later

Now I'm not religious and I'm not asking you to be, but too many people wrongfully say, "What kind of God punishes for his own doings?"
    (Assuming you are born gay)

18. Bro, you gotta chill

19. Some people say they are born killers, should we legalize that just to cater to their feelings?

I want to **** Wulfs, Donkeys, and Frogs. Maybe a Dragon if I can find one. I've been struggling with this for years, but I'm afraid people will laugh at me. Where's my pity party?

20. Not at all, Russia is probably the worst when it comes to how lgbt community is treated