Meeting 1: Agenda

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dirty_LovelyDenial, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Don't be touched. Would make the thread pretty awkward if you get touched.[/quote

Why can't he be touched? Please. Do explain.

2. Which is why the federal government has the ability to shut that down.

3. Generally when a culture is oppressed for a good section of history, when they escape those bonds of hate, they tend to get a day or so dedicated to their celebration.

The oppressors generally don't get the day.

Not saying it is right or wrong, I am just stating the psychology of it.

4. Because its awkward when threads start touching people? I'd thought this was obvious. Inanimate objects on the internet should not go around touching people.

5. There are differences between State and Federal law, as well as difference between State and Federal criminal offenses.

State law is subservient to Federal law when they occupy the same sphere of influence. For example, marriage as an equal rights issue falls within the Federal sphere, so Federal law trumps State law.

Criminal law may have some overlap, but usually they merely stack (people can be charged with both State and Federal crimes).

In this instance, although some States have legalized marihuana, it is still illegal under Federal law. However, from what I understand, the Federal Government is exercising a form of prosecutorial discretion, by choosing not to target and prosecute the drug laws to the extent each State has legalized each substance (which is within the Fed's purview and right).

Not the most complete answer, but this is KaW, not your first year of law school 

6. You just compared marriage equality to smoking pot.

On a thread talkin about the gay agenda.

7. We need to have a Pot Parade. We're next!

8. I am not even sure that the supreme court had the right to rule on this either way. The states used their 10th ammendment rights to make laws regarding marriage. Not sure what ammendment the supreme court is saying that those marriage laws are violating.

9. Its under the principles that all men are created equal.

10. Human rights.

11. I was gonna go to the parade, but then I got high.

12. Why is it the people who don't have to fight for who they are that say something like why can't we have straight pride then?

What do they have to celebrate? What did they fight for? What did they conquer over and win?

Wait they never had to do any of those things because straight is just accepted. As is being white over being black.

White pride vs Black pride... Straight pride vs LGBTQ Pride...

What media encourages normalcy vs Discriminated your whole life as being "different" and stereotyped

13. Hell you don't see young adult being tortured and killed on video camera and posted online from Russia (by their elders) for being straight.... now do you?

We fought, we conquered, we love.

14. If there is Marraige equality then there should be Marijuana equality 

15. Great point coming from my favorite food!

16. I wonder now that gay marriage is legal...

Will gay levels drop because it's less of a rebel move?

17. Because I know that you're joking, I won't tear into that. 

18. I don't think he is joking. But maybe if more parents raised there kids better we wouldn't have so many gays and the world could be a better place.

19. Lol what? Are you one of those people that think gay is a learned behavior?