Making strips do damage again

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by wrath_oG_Grave, Mar 13, 2017.

1. When's the last time you saw a new player who wasnt an alt?

2. I'll answer that for you. The second idea holds no wait because it's like stabbing someone who's already comatose.

Oh you just got stripped? Well that sucks. Here, also have a 70% plunder decrease.

Never mind the fact that you could randomly be hit by it, the way op explained it. Someone hires your ally, someone else hits you. Boom. Affected by it.

3. You know what, I'll provide what help I can...

If you want to fix strips, you must make gold worth something.

Now how do we make gold valuable again?

It's certainly not flooding the market with more gold i.e. b2b events that provide bars.

Suggestion 1
    Limit the amount of events we have...

Why this won't occur?
    Events are what keep players active and it gives them a goal to strive for.

Ofc a good money sink leaves the person who's about to dump all their cash, feeling satisfied.

Suggestion 2
    Make a money sink that requires something that costs a lot of gold. This could work off inferno (although pricey, it could do with a price-hike)

A legendary chestplate/bracer/whatever that will be birthed in the fires of your forges...

Make it difficult but worth acquiring.

Then make the level upgrades require craploads of inferno... The stats however will make it necessary.

Ofc this doesn't fix the inflation with stats

Why this won't happen?
    It seems pretty technical and no one buys inferno anymore. They just wait for the inferno/aqua event. Which is why I suggest no 1.
    Or maybe just add a new item that'll cost lots of gold.
    Also it caters more to bigger players, perhaps making the price dynamic related to a players level will make it accessible to smaller players. The price for inferno/item to increase the level of your eq.

Also if you add a little sparkle animation, people will flock to it even more. Humans are so simple :cry:

Suggestion 3
    Raid everyones bar storages and send us back to the stoneage.

Why this won't happen?
    Because so many people would be angry

Why it would work?
    Now people wouldn't have the power to flood the market/make it rain of their own accord. Also limits amount of cash floating around.

IN TURN MAKING GOLD SCARCE

Suggestion 4
    Without anyones knowledge, edit the plunder algorithm so it favors smalls while makes the bigs earn slightly less. They have enough gold hoarded, they are set. Letting the rich get richer ain't exactly right...

Why this won't happen?
    If anyone ever found out about this, people would be pissed so maybe having a big announcement would lessen the outrage?

This barely does any damage, bigs will still be making heavy amounts of gold. It'll make little to no difference unless the previous ideas are already established.

Why it would work?
    Smalls would benefit from this and maybe there'd be a rise in retention.

There's more suggestions but these are the main ones I could think of.

4. Plenty. Don't assume all of us smaller guys are alts. Maybe some(me) just don't have time or money to grow and really be active enough to earn much from events

5. The events make pvp strip a waste of time.

Without the events the game stalls around the 80-100 ml cs mark.

Players that size are considered small by modern KaW standard. Players that size still have to find 3-7 tril for one upgrade of one building. It can't be done doing the free to play epics. The events are a necessary aspect.

The developers will likely introduce gold bars soon. This has become just a cookie clicker game.

6. The lessening of events will make things less inflated. It's cause of events that people are growing so quickly.

But then again it's cause of events that AtA are getting good revenue, I'm sure.

It won't happen regardless so please take my suggestions with a grain of salt.

By which I mean disbelief instead of anger.

Two meanings these days, smh.

Edit:If events weren't as common, prices for things would have to decrease.

It's cause of events that people are spending cash to gain top X rewards and hoarding the bars once they achieve bc.

7. 

8. No, by mp i mean the minimum amount of allie value to have max gold output

9. You're dumb, anyone in this game can make 4t in 14 days easily through events
    So increasing mp for smalls from 40b to 400b is nothing

Also this is the only thing that hasn't seen any inflation in years.

Smalls no longer have a problem getting mp with events.

10. Do you know how to read? All allies have to be hired and its something like 1.5k hits needed to be put in to activate.

"Stabbing someone who's comatosed" stripping currently does no damage, so its like punching someone after they got scratched

11. Actually the ally inflation would be disastrous.
    Doesn't make any difference of smalls can afford billions or not due to events.
    4trill sb is laughable for many smalls. Takes a while to grow large enough to get that regularly. And they won't spend to grow if allies and max plunder are pushed beyond their reach.

Established accounts will massively op allies as has been happening for the last two years. The last 6 months in particular.
    I do see the appeal to the idea.
    But in practice without dedicated tier prices for allies of certain sizes ( capping gold price per cs ) the system would fail solely due to the absurd demand on genuymew players.

And as for the last time I saw a new player. 4 in the last two weeks. And I barely paid attention so probably more. Of those only one still plays. The others thought the gap was too large or just no appeal.
    Small sample. But if first glance makes the game even harder it will be harder to draw in fresh blood.

13. Id love to hear how increasing the amount of allies needed for mp will cause massive inflation and how that would be disastrous.

There's already measures in place to help new accounts grow until an event ends and they get a reward 10-100x the amount they'll need to get mp even with my suggestion implemented in kaw

Your points are invalid.

14. Smaller players would need more allies, increasing the demand. Since there is no way to easily increase the supply, the prices would skyrocket.

15. Can we also note grave loves using events as an excuse that smalls will be completely fine.

It's mainly events that are causing this inflation.

Flooding the market with money every X weeks.

Your suggestions aren't helping the situation.

16. actually strips do damage... just ask judith.

17. Where did you say anything about number of actions? Nowhere? Learn to say what you mean. Can't read minds.

The fact of the matter is, the only people stripping doesn't hurt are 200m+. Less than 1% of the game.

And my point still stands. It just only affects people that sit at mp. 1 ally owned, it gets hired, you get hit, boom, affected. And the people who should be hurt still aren't, because billions of gold a hit. Seriously. Even if it's cut in half, anyone over 500m cs still gets a bil or more a hit.

No, your idea only hurts small players. And you are an idiot if you think otherwise.

18. Events aren't going away ever, so we have to increase the damage strips do to make up for it.

*insert "are you a wizard?" meme here*

19. "Percent of gold taken"
    You can determine the amount of gold taken by how many hits you put in
    75% is approximately 1.5k hits

Were you born yesterday?

My idea hurts you less the smaller you are. For people under 100mcs you get a majority of your gold from events anyway so refuced plunder does very little.
    For an lb player that wanted to do a zta train it could mean 10-20trillion in losses on top of what was stripped.

"Only hurts those 200mcs+"
    Currently small account (under 30mcs)at mp
    would have to be stripped clean 100 times every 14 days to actually make them lose gold, how can reducing that number to 10 strips in 14 days be a bad thing?

Go back to middle school, since that's obviously where you left your education off at.