Let's Talk: Units and Buildings

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by [ATA]Charlie, Aug 9, 2016.

1. I would like to see max plunder ally level increased 10x. It would give back some of the teeth back to strips. OSW players would appreciate this

2. I dont like the sound of this...why look at progression from lvl 1 to lvl 10 what stupid change are you planning to make that screws us over now? You have been no help. Quit please.

3. Adding on to my last statement, I'm going to make another game reference here. In a first person shooter game, everybody has the same chance of shooting the other, unless a gun has an attachment which gives it the slightest bit of advantage to shoot that fatal shot. In KaW however, and I realize this is a strategy game, and not fast paced action, players do not all have the same chances of doing things such as the All Star Wars. What I'd like to see, most players would like to see, and you developers would like to see, I'm assuming, is a growth in the player base. There has to be a way to pull new players in.

4. Charlie, please do not listen to this person. You're the only dev that responds to the community and you're the telephone to the other developers. You're the only guy that gives us information on what your plans are and tries out change for the better.

5. I think it's hard to war actively and attempt to upgrade builds especially when it cost 7t to upgrade

I do like the idea of being able to put gold into a build but not be able to upgrade it until you put in the final down payment

Example
    My next ug is 7t. I want to war but I rather not bank 4t in allies or silver bars so instead I put the 4t into a lay away plan. I keep puttin my gold into this until I hit 7t and once I do...the build upgrades. While i put gold into it you see a meter that says 4t/7t which means I have only put in 4t of the required 7t.

6. Like what bs 25% loss sellig pots to bank? Or ally hires losing up to 90% to sell...you just make changes that take gold from players...you expect us to pay pay pay but then when revenue dries up you just close the app like GaW...no thanks

7. Yet every change made has been terrible except oh wow betting on stupid asw

8. @ATA_Charlie add a full bar unload button to ebs

9. Although somewhat hostile, I am looking for comments like these. Some changes people want, some they don't.

We are not at all interested in changing existing in game content. Things people have worked for, they have worked for. But at some point there will be new buildings. I feel it's nice to talk about since people may love, or not love the buildings that are in the game, and if there are things people would like to see that we could work to deliver on.

10. You want to talk buildings....how about how newest lands ruined this game? How many players have you lost that paid to play versus now where you have 20k accounts hitting events but 80% are illegal alts. I dont see anything done since the creation of ee wars years ago that has been a move

11. Yet you just released new eb only to come back and decrease spy plunder ...sure.

12. This would actually help those incapable of financial planning a little better ...ie: once the money is stored in the building it can't be taken out, can only be used to upgrade, that way it can't be spent elsewhere or let's say it can be taken out of "building upgrade storage" (whatever you want to call it) then a huge penalty is put in place ...as an incentive maybe ATA adds nominal % to what's being saved for the upgrade?...

...think of the payout or advantage as you would get in an RL mutual fund or even real estate mortgage. Might actually translate into teaching some of these people something they can use in RL. ...great incentive to motivate growth (imo)

iPhone

13. Hi Charlie,

One of the problems with being a legacy game is the issue of having to explore new lands before you can build on them, and then having an escalating price for the land itself.

I know you didn't want to talk about this, but I think you can't remove the topic of buildings from the topic of lands because of the growth progression in the game.

It's not so bad in LL and HL where different tiers of buildings are possible, but from HF onwards we're stuck with no choice but to build the building tier appropriate for those lands. So depending on your growth priorities it is more efficient to upgrade building levels before exploring new lands.

I mentioned this to you before in relation to your aborted changes, that a lot of players my size will have immature Osmon Rai lands but on Abyss may only have a small number of lands unlocked that may include very high level buildings.

SMASH has a much simpler structure: pay once to unlock all lands in the next area, then build away to your hearts content.

I don't think your predecessors really thought about the consequences of perpetuating KAW's approach when developing HF and beyond. Osmon Rai is particularly challenging to maximise efficient growth.

At least we know what the stats for all building levels are so we can assign them a cost:benefit value to determine if they're worth building.

An alternative approach could have been the "pay once" feature to unlock all the lands, and then have building upgrade levels with a consistent rise in stats, rather than the current variable approach. I.E. Upgrading from Level 1 to Level 2 costs 100b and gives a 100kcs increase, upgrading from level 9 to level 10 costs 900b and gives a 900kcs increase.

As the SMASH overhaul demonstrates it's never too late to go back to the drawing board.

Edit: what I was trying to say ws that I think a preferable approach would be to decrease the costs of lands and factor in a balancing increase to the level upgrades.

14. Like Charlie said, don't be so hostile. Charlie and I both would like to find a solution to this issue. How can we release new content for large players who are Builf Complete without widening the gap between smaller players and the large ones? Unless you can contribute to finding an answer, you're pretty much not helping.

15. Spice up regen times during wars or pvp and ebs, make it like the old advantage ko but less time maybe a 2-5min window so farming isn't as easy and adds fun to it

16. And even though you are in forums all day every day you add nothing. You are just forum scum.

17. I'm totally in love with this idea. Another idea is we could bring back free land tokens that only work on certain lands. Highland Token, Hoarfrost Token, and possibly Lowland Token (Although these are free when you start the game now.) We should be giving out a lot of these during events so people without these lands can catch up and the people with the lands could maybe get 1 Abyss token or 1 OR token!

18. Anyone who says they are "totally in love" with an idea for an app is a loser

19. Perhaps it would be good to release the very first hybrid building for towers... meaning in other words that only the tower stats go up with these new buildings.

20. Lets not forget how earlier towers decreased your plunder...what was the need of that? You want to fix something level off the plunder between all buildings dont penalize people for building defensive ...also spy plunder with assn on ebs is way way out of hand compared to attack builds....why is it the entire lb will be bc hansels? If you dont convert to hansel now you really have no chance in this game.

But that will never be addressed.

Actually what we really need is more than 1 build change days where you are penalized less to sell buildings that 75% sell cost is a joke
    Give us a 25% sell day so we can adjust our builds to the stupid unfair changes you have made over the years.