Learning your Devs

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by _ZE_Castiel_MP_, Sep 10, 2015.

1. What about the clanless?

2. the clanless can't hit ebs either way

3. Whoops, wrong words, I meant, what about clan hoppers?

E.g. Mercs

4. Devs obviously don't care about clan hoppers; there's no penalties besides breaking unofficial loyalties and maybe relationships

Thank god for low maintenance friends though

5. I've learned the devs just like to piss players off

6. The calm before the storm in the early mornings.

We do. I actually haven't used it since I started working here, so I'm sure you would!

Interesting idea. Right now we don't have a system in place to allow for things such as clan pots or shared goals, but it's an idea we've definitely had before as well.

7. Open floor plan... Explains the productivity

8. I know right. Whats up with that?

9. It's a new trend in offices as opposed to cubicles, hoping to increase collaboration and blahblah blah..

Anyways it just tends to be a bother having to listen to everyone and is easy to get distracted.

10. If they work in that room... Then what room do they count their money in?

11. The one with the big dollar sign on the door

12. Hey KC u got a pic of that said door?? How big is that $ sign? And is it made out of pure gold as well?

13. @Kaw the office looks cltuch! I wish I worked in a place like that :D I know this thread isn't supposed to be about kaw questions and all but...

What happened to global achievements like vigor wisps, there's a system in place and it was fun for the community to work for a common united goal!

14. The google office has a pool and a slide that leads into a ball pit! But ata has some thing they dont... a kingdoms at war room

15. I have some buuuurning questions...

Do you like in igloos, ride dog sleds, and club baby seals? And why do you have a marijuana leaf on your national flag?

16. ^ Those are the types of questions that make me fear for the future.

17. Both types of office environments (open floor plan vs cubicle) have their benefits. For a software development company where we have game designers, developers, artists, and more working together an open floor plan actually makes a lot of sense. It cuts down on meetings and emails, and allows us to know what's going on with each member of the team.

We actually don't chit-chat all that much at our desks. We do talk, but usually about the games, events, content, design, and all of you here on the forums! In the rare situations where things do get loud I just pop in my other headphone and surround myself with music.

Sadly no rooms like that. We do have a super scary death elevator though!

Glad to hear you enjoyed them. While they haven't been part of our recent events it's always possible that we could revisit them, especially if they were something everyone enjoyed.

We name each of our rooms, and one is indeed the War Room.

This one from earlier in the thread:

Nope, but we do have tons of maple syrup eh?

18. Kaw_Com, can you tell us an entertaining story from your life? Embarrassing, funny, unbelievable, whatever.

19. When I was younger I actually was into acting for a few years. I ended up doing mostly extra/background work on movies/tv shows, but was in a few commercials and even a billboard. It's been so long now that I'm drawing a blank on most of the shows, but I do remember Catwoman, She's the Man, and The 4400 being a few of them.

20. :shock: Kaw_com is famous
    Does ATA hire lots of famous people?