Learning your Devs

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by _ZE_Castiel_MP_, Sep 10, 2015.

1. KaW_Com, another question comes to mind.
    What is your actual position at ATA?
    I'd originally thought something like social media manager, but you seem to have a hand in the game design too.

2. Nothing beats a Rosemary Rocksalt Bagel with Peppercorn Cream Cheese.
    Actually had one for breakfast this morning :D

Trying to keep this thread less game related but I'll mention that while recent events have been similar they're all part of a larger story (or epic saga if you will). With our previous separated events we would try out new or different types of events. If you've got ideas for other changes or event styles feel free to send them in feedback, via email, or create your own thread on the forums :)

Cats are pretty awesome. Though not as awesome as sharks.

How could you say no to that cute face?

Sadly no pets, though cats are awesome.

I'm not picky. Though this shark certainly seems to like belly rubs.

My actual job at ATA is as a community manager. Primarily reporting on what's going on in our game communities, sharing concerns with the development teams, and a bunch of other somewhat random tasks as they come up. You're also right that social media is part of it, as is helping our support team to make improvements and update our policies.

3. It must be kaw_admin with the cat

4. Kaw_Com, are you in a fandom? 

5. Hard to not ask. Whats next for kaw? Cant just have events and add lands/buildings forever. Gotta be something competitive wise thats fair for everyone besides eb events right?

As much as i love an extra 900b from eb event. Just feels like we are missing something here

6. So kaw_com do you just work with kaw or do you do other games for ATA?

7. Literally nothing but rehash events and new lands

8. @kaw_com

Would you like to see what I do with Nutella on my free time?

9. I really hope not

10. Hmm, can't really say I am. There's quite a few shows I enjoy (Game of Thrones, Battlestar Galactica, Person of Interest, Fringe, etc) with fandoms, I don't really get too engaged in them.

That said, I do enjoy watching anime and I guess I'm also a bit of an Apple fanboy.
    (I know that last statement will have some of you wanting to fight me :p)

I tend to split my time primarily between both Kingdoms at War and Party In My Dorm. Though from time to time I do help out with other teams as well.

Is it going to make me hungry? And if so are you going to share?

11. Aww why didnt u answer mine

12. Dear KaW_Community,

What has become your favourite game to work with the community? Also, do you plan on ever trying to be more interactive with us on a more frequent basis? You know we love attention.

Thanks,
    -Narwhal

13. You should pick up Doctor Who. Js 

14. What you enjoy most abt your wrk?Do U really look at ideas given by fellow players?

15. Kaw_com, a really good music app for anime music is anime radio awesome mixes and even has a FF station to it.

Anyways, to the question. What part of the job do you most/least like to do? Also, in the almost 2 yrs youve been with ATA, what is your future outlook on KaW and in what direction do you think its going?

16. Hmm, that's a tricky one actually. While at their base KaW and PIMD may seem similar in the systems and mechanics in place each has truly become their own game. The communities are each so different and the ways players enjoy the game are as well.

As for the second part, I do hope to be able to chat more. Again it's not always possible as things can get very busy at times though.

I used to watch a bit of this years and years ago when I was in school. I never got crazy into it, but there are some here at ATA who are.

I think what I enjoy most is how every day brings upon it's own unique challenges to tackle. As for player ideas, we definitely do look over them. Ones that seem interesting or beneficial to the community are shared with the team and we toss them back and forth. Of course, we have our own development schedule so we can't just drop everything to jump on an idea but we do add them to our idea board :)

I'm thrilled to be part of a game with such a strong community. For a mobile game to be thriving after SIX YEARS is pretty crazy and we couldn't be here without all of you. Together I'm sure we can keep the game going strong for many years to come :)

17. Hey kaw comm.. could u give me some aqua please? Also what would the name of ur shark if u had 1?

18. Hey kaw_com, why haven't I been given mod yet?

19. @Kaw_Comm

If kaw were released today what are some features or changes you would keep or discard compared to the 2009 release?

20. @Kaw_Com

How much do you make working for ATA?? And where can I apply? (Jk lol)

Also, now that it is football season, do you have a favorite college/nfl team??