Kingdoms at War: 1.42 iOS Update - ATA ID

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Jan 22, 2013.

1. What's new

-ATA ID and Facebook Connect login
    -Spinner for selectable amounts to convert from nobility and gold
    -Spinner also available for mithril purchases
    -New app icon
    -Background image for iPad
    -User interface and texture changes

What is ATA ID?

ATA ID is a new secure way to access your account, by creating an ATA ID with an email address that you own. Apple has created new guidelines on how applications use authentication through UDID. We are transitioning our applications to become more secure through multi-factor authentication but still allow the user experience to access their account seamlessly. For security concerns it's advised that you create an ATA ID and will also simplify future device transfers. Creating an ATA ID will also give you one free health crystal =)

How do I create an ATA ID?

Navigate to settings, accounts, select ATA ID and enter in your email address and password and click on sign up. REMEMBER your password, you will need this if you ever wish to change devices.

What is Facebook Connect?

If you are already logged on to the Facebook application on your device clicking on Facebook will automatically link your account. This also sets you up to play Kingdoms at War through this address:

http://www.kingdomsatwar.com/play/

If the Facebook account is already linked to a different account you will have the option to access that your account on that device. HOWEVER if you wish to keep both accounts do not link, you can still ONLY access one account per device.

If you're playing Kingdoms at War on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kingdomsatwar, don't forget to like us and spread the word!

How do I transfer my account to a new device now that I've signed up with ATA ID?

If you wish to transfer your account, you can do so with the account recovery and transfer page:

http://www.kingdomsatwar.com/transfer/

To transfer your account to a new device all you need to do is install Kingdoms at War with your device. When you first start the application you will be prompted to enter your username or, "Already have an account?" Select the already have an account option and you can enter in either your Facebook or ATA ID details. Once you have successfully logged in, your account that's associated with that ATA ID/Facebook will appear on your device.

With this update, this will also be the last update to support:

-iPod Touch 2g and below
    -iPhone 3g and below

All future updates will no longer be available for these devices. If you still have this device and want to continue playing please DO NOT UNINSTALL the application. The next version of Kingdoms at War for iOS will no longer be supported and will be unavailable in the AppStore.

What is the spinner?

The spinner was ONLY added to converting nobility points to gold, you can now select the amount of nobility points to convert. The screenshot below is an example of selecting the quantity of nobility points you want exchanged and how much gold you will receive. :D

[​IMG]

If anyone has any questions simply reply to this thread and we will answer.

Happy Kawing =)

UPDATE: There is currently an issue with linking accounts, DO NOT LINK YOUR ACCOUNTS for now until this issue is resolved. For players that are having issues with linking the incorrect account we will be addressing them now.

2. If anyone has idevices that's 2g or 3G I suggest that you upgrade to idevice 4g/5g to able to play on kaw, GUYS please read carefully as UDID won't be supported Anymore.

3. I have a legitimate question:

Will this update effect Kindles, androids, etc? Or any updates in the near future(This may be a hard question to answer)?

4. Also have questions we are here to answer them about this update :)

5. Only idevices are affected, Android and Kindles already have ATA ID =)

6. Where might I find these spinner contraptions? :)

7. I don't understand what you meant about the spinners.

8. I feel special. :3 kaw_admin answered me.

And, alright, I thought so but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!

9. What's a spinner . Also u guys owe me 500
    Mith please give asap

10. I have a iPod touch-4th generation, will 1st generations

11. Do you connect different accounts in different devices through a single ata ID?

12. I did not understand the bit about Facebook logins. Can we now unlink an account from Facebook and connect a new one without devs help? Please clarify
    Thank you

13. Will users with multiple accounts on multiple devices be able to use a common email address for all their devices and accounts, or will we have to create a new email address for each account/device?

14. How long will it take for kaw_admin to answer our questions about the ID and the spinner thingy

15. Edited the main post :)

16. The spinner question is now answered by kaw

17. Thx for clearing it up kaw_admin now I understand it