Kingdoms at War - 02/25/2013 Update

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Feb 25, 2013.

?

Do you want to have an option of "No Match" for Estoc Trials

1. Yes

96 vote(s)
    78.7%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    21.3%
  1. @ dragon, that could be exploited very easily .
    Everyone will try and stack their roster to #1 .
    At the same time, could make for much bigger wars.
    Idk, it's hard to exploit something that you can't see till the matchup is made.
    Could work.

2. I agree with LittleSnoreyDragon it would prevent clans from stacking. In a situation such as Dragon pointed out removing the number 1 seed would be the best recourse.

3. Guys anyone who has had horrible mismatches I'm sure will agree that having no war and keeping edge and mith is way better than getting a horrible matchup and having zero chance I've been suggesting this since week 2 about time devs 

4. @RESILIENT_BMAN44_CAS-IS-,
    Do you remember that's exactly what ZAFT did sometime back, and the probably same is being done by RCA+HGL recently.
    While I say its fair in war, but considering devs are bringing no match thing; if its not the way LittleSnoreyDragon mentioned works, IMO devs are screwing up a war + not allowing a clan to war, who should have actually warred...

5. Just tested out the new spell for ewars (opt in rather than veil to opt out) - 100% improvement devs!!! This cuts SOO much work out for clan leaders and will lead to better ewars :) THX FOR LISTENING!! :D

6. Definitely like opting in better especially for inactives

7. Very good point - while our clan rarely has too many warriors - this could create a problem for bigger clans. Perhaps an owner "force veil" for a player could be a helpful option. While anything could be abused...I think it's worth considering. as a whole, A+ to devs for the new opt in ;)

8. Re: KingdoTHE BEST PLAYERS FOR ALL ms at War - 02/25/2013 Update

Dear devs,
    Want to know how ll you select those best players..?
    And btw this feedback msg window need some bug fix....
    Thanks

9. I saw your reply for my question...but you mentioned clans....so you are selecting clans for all star wars or individual players...plz clarify...
    Thanks

10. Bring the old ca back please... I hate it!!!

11. Better solution
    War clan and nominate a home clan to use ee in. This would enable all sub clan members to war at main clan. It would allow them to nominate a home clan to keep ee in. ( if you change your home clan you lose a level ) this still promotes clan loyalty but enables clans the chance to war with max members and still get their rewards as they should.
    The main advantage is that it means no spells no way to complicate things. No checking rosters beyond who is there. You don't have to check every profile to see who has spell active, it's as simple as if you go to war clan you are warring. If you win your ee is active only in nominated home clan no where else so you still get to help friends and sub clans and still get a reward for loyalty at home.
    Surely that's a lot easier for all concerned?
    Feedback page 8 war clans miss-match
    For any interested in full explanation

12. Thank you for reaching out to revamp the EE process, it seems like a great start to a better system.

One big flaw as pointed out is having to leave clan if something comes up you'd have to leave before match up, causing you to lose your EE level. Maybe still give the option to clan owner/admins to be able to veil members before match up just in case life happens unexpectedly.

The owner of a clan should be able to make the final decision for war participation without kicking members and making them lose EE, or even perhaps if you are kicked from a clan with war spell active, you don't lose EE and you lose battle spell, and are given a veil to prevent warring that round, alleviating the possibility for people to clan hop abusing the non loss of EE.

Once again I thank the dev's for reaching out and making what I believe are to be positive steps to make the EE system more enjoyable for all.

13. With this new update does that mean 3G will not be able to war in ee anymore?

14. I can never make ANY SINGLE TIME for those. Every time knocks with my school schedule. Can season 1 start in June or something?

15. Very nice update!!! Glad you finally switched it to "opt in". But there is the new issue that has come up. If to many "opt in" to war then the owner or admins will have to kick people to meet the member requirements for the war. Meaning the people that get kicked and wanted to war will lose a lvl of EE. Might want to think of a way to solve this.. An option I seen some people saying was to give owner the option to temporary veil of evasion ppl so they could stay in clan. Or simply, guess people would have to be better organized and get a count of people warring before people actually "opt in" to war. Also a good idea I seen was creating some kinda symbol you could put by people's names saying they opted in. That would help a ton.

16. Why does spell say 10:20 when war starts in 7:20???

17. Come on everyone making this opt in sound harder than it is. This is not brain surgery. There is no difference from before as far as number of members warring. It's called leadership. Have the owners/admins get a count before people opt in. After the first war that everyone opted in and people were kicked to avoid disqualification everyone will learn a little self control. It's that freaking easy. Otherwise its on them and their stupidity. Since there is a spell that is used to opt in, it's as easy as looking at a profile to see if the spell is active.

Those that opt in and have a "last min emergency" and can't war, then they leave and lose one level. That's life. If it was truly an emergency that kept them away 1 level of EE edge should hardly be important to them.

18. They should change the app image back to the way it was

19. Thank you. The opt in button is a significant improvement!!! But...

To help alleviate the matchup issues more effectively we need one or two ADDITIONAL buttons:

Proposal - add "RESERVE" button(s):

"Reserve-IN" = one must be present in the clan signing up for EE war. By activating this button he/she will not join war UNLESS they are called upon during the matchmaking process in order to even a matchup.

Reserve-OUT = presently in clan and has opted-in to join war BUT is willing to be dropped from the war roster in order to even out the matchup.

This would hopefully provide a mechanism within the current matchmaking process to balance and fine tune both cs and roster number for more evenly paired wars. This may also help reduce the incentive to "stack" a roster to try to force a mismatch (assuming that a cap is retained at some level to allow the addition of "reserve" warriors to even things out)