Killer Inside

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Lil_Tiger, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Chris noooo!!!!

2. Enjoy!

Chapter 6

A rush of cold air hit my face passing through the theater doors. Jess was doing tickets today and with a quick nod from me, she let us both through. While Chris was looking at the movie poster for My Sweet Sixteen, Jess checked Chris out and winked at me. I rolled my eyes.

Leading Chris, I walked to the "Employees Only" and opened in. Inside was a hall that led to the real theater. We had another screen downstairs only for employees and all the offices were down here as well. Reaching the end of the hall, we headed down the staircase.

"John's in that room down the hall," I motioned. "I need to just clear it with Boss that I'm going today. I'll meet you in the theater."

"I'll grab some food," Chris said. "See you there."

With a wave, he head towards John's booth. I turned and walked to the Lost

3. Hmmm... Didn't post, let me try again...

Chapter 6

A rush of cold air hit my face passing through the theater doors. Jess was doing tickets today and with a quick nod from me, she let us both through. While Chris was looking at the movie poster for My Sweet Sixteen, Jess checked Chris out and winked at me. I rolled my eyes.

Leading Chris, I walked to the "Employees Only" and opened in. Inside was a hall that led to the real theater. We had another screen downstairs only for employees and all the offices were down here as well. Reaching the end of the hall, we headed down the staircase.

"John's in that room down the hall," I motioned. "I need to just clear it with Boss that I'm going today. I'll meet you in the theater."

With a wave, he head towards John's booth. I turned and walked to the Lost

4. Nope... I'll post it all when I get it to work... Sorry :(

5. Don't put the "and" symbol

6. Still can't post... Have tons written- I'll get it up tonight hopefully.

7. Wow. This is really ******* awesome.

8. Damn really good. Impressive to the extreme.

9. This is the best thread I have ever read can you give me some tips for my book

10. Sorry it took so long! But figured out the problem! Here's Chapter 6, much more coming later now that the problem's fixed

Chapter 6

With a wave, he headed towards John's booth. I watched him go before turning and walking in the door on my right. There I found the Lost and Found box. Digging around inside, I found the white silk scarf I had previously put there.

Swinging the scarf around my neck, I checked the time. 11:40. I had twenty minutes. I hurried to my bosses office and found no one, as expected. He was off duty. The office next to his lead to Teresa's booth, where Time of Demons was showing. Looking around I saw no one, so I slipped inside.

"Hey, Teresa?"

She turned, her sweet face smiling. A radiant smile and blue eyes were matched by her short brown hair. A wonderful friend.

"Yeah?"

"Where's Boss today? He's not in."

"You must have missed it, he's out today on a business trip."

"Thanks." I just stood and watched as she turned back to the movie.

I unfurled my scarf and waited for the right moment. The beast in me roared and I swallowed to calm it. I racked my brain with why I had chosen Teresa. I came up with nothing.

Do it, a voice hissed in my mind. Now, do it!

I did. I swung the scarf around her neck, crossing the ends across her throat. Pulling them back in one hand, I pushed her throat down with the other. A scream cut through my mind and I jumped back, surprised.

I realized it was only the movie and shook it off. With her head on the table in front of me and scarf around her neck, lay Teresa. I had let go before killing her; she was still conscious.

Good, good... The voice whispered.

"No it's not," I said to no one in particular.

Digging around, I found the required medical bag each room had. I pulled it out and found what I was looking for. I took the scarf off and swiveled the chair so her whole body was facing the screen. Inside the bag I found the medical gloves and disinfectant. I put the gloves on and wiped down the medical box of my prints.

I cleaned the door even though I had opened it with my shoulder. Turning back to Teresa, I peeled my gloves off.

I opened her mouth and stuffed the gloves in. With the medical scissors, cramming them down her throat took a few seconds before she started to choke on them.

I snapped the scissors open and slashed her throat, covering the glass window across the desk in blood. Her choking stopped. She stopped. I watched her fade before thrusting the scissors point first in her neck, erupting in more blood.

She was covered with blood. The papers on the desk were covered with blood. My hands started to feel sticky as I just stood looking at the body in front of me.

I wrapped the scarf around her and wiped the scissors clean, then my hands. The scarf slowly turned red, but covered the cuts and blade. From behind, you couldn't notice she was dead. I retreated and opened the door inward with my foot, not leaving any prints. The time was 11:55. Time for my date.

11. Delicious. I love it!! More?!?

12. More :) still been writing even though I couldn't figure out why I couldn't post.

Chapter 7

The hallway was clear. I double checked as I walked back to the theater. No one had seen me; good. Walking slowly back have me time to clean my mind over what I had just done. I refused to waste time over it. What was done, was done. It didn't need a reason.

The more I thought about that, the worst it got. I stopped and leaned against the wall. My body shook as a cold wave of emotion ran through me. Not sadness. Not fear. Not remorse. Question, burning question I yearned to answer. Why?

A monster, Shawn had called me. I was though, a monster, a thief- I was playing with life like a deity! But it felt good... That's why I couldn't stop. A small part of me was satisfied with what I had done. Never proud or happy, just as satisfied as having a good meal. It was content with what I had done, and no longer growled inside me.

Fast rapid breaths were all that could escape me. My hands tried to grip the carpet walls but were white with tension as my body and mind fought.

I needed to calm down. Starting with deep breaths, I did my best. First my breathing, then I relaxed my fingers and finally relaxed my whole body. I forced myself to continue walking towards the theater doors. By the time I had reached them, I was nearly back to normal, except for the still small question in the back of my mind.

I grabbed the cold metal handles, forcing myself to concentrate on what was before me.

Shaking my head one last time, I slipped into the theater and found maybe 20 of the employees there. Chris was easy to spot, trying to find a seat while juggling popcorn and drinks. With a small smile, I walked over and wrapped my hand around his waist. Plucking the drink from his hand, I eased down into the seats.

He sat next to me, my arm still around him. A smile crossed his face, gentle and caring. His eyes were shinning and I couldn't help to understand why I liked him so much. I looked down flirtatiously and saw two drinks.

"We may not need that," I said taking one drink and pushing it under my seat.

Popcorn and soda between us, we snuggled together as the movie started. Cheesy, sexy and funny, it was going to be great. Slowly, the thoughts death ebbed out of my brain.

My head rested on Chris's shoulder, my mind wandering. The smell of his Ax had slowly consumed my nostrils, making Chris the only thing I could focus on. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. My rhythmic breathing slowly fell in line with his as he pulled me close.

"I know it's cheesy; just close your eyes," he whispered to me.

I nodded and drifted into the shadow of dreams, just solid, silent darkness.

A splatter of red blood blurred the black shadow canvas before me and a scream ripped through my ears. I woke instantly, alert from my short nap. An alarm was screeching through the theater, blotting out every other sound. I looked to find Chris at my right, hands over his ears. He mouthed words at me but I couldn't understand him.

The alarm abruptly went off. Chris immediately wrapped his arms protectively around me. After a tight squeeze, he then just let his arms hang around me. I gave a nervous laugh and a half hearted smile up at him.

A piercing wave of sound broke through the speakers, climbing in pitch before breaking off but causing everyone to jump none the less.

"Excuse me? Ladies and gentlemen, if you could please stay in your seats or find a seat. Thank you. A very serious situation has arose. All staff please report to the meeting room and all security please hold everyone in the theater rooms. You'll be briefed momentarily.

"A message is being posted on the theater screens about what we know at this time and we while constantly update you for your safety and the safety of others.

"If you have children, I'd advise you to have them look away until you have finished reading. We apologize for this taking place, all your tickets will be full refunded along with other benefits which will be discussed later. Save your tickets as proof of attendance please. Again, I am incredibly sorry."

The loud speaker ended with a static crunch and a message slowly appeared on the screen, describing the same message that the loud speaker had address. As it faded, another one replace it stating:

We are horrified to announce that a member of our staff has been found murdered. We are looking into the situation and police have been notified. You may be asked to deliver a statement for they will be questioning audience members. You do not have to nor is it required.

A refund decision is being discussed right now. You are guaranteed a full refund of either cash or ticket depending on your choice. Other possibilities are being discussed and you will be informed of that.

We are incredibly sorry and hope you do not see this as a bad reflection on the theater. Thank you and again, we apologize.

I read through twice to make sure I had gotten everything. As I did, Chris's hand had progressively tighter on my shoulder. I looked at him, his eyes cold.

"This is horrible," he said looking at me.

I saw fear in him, and horror. But I saw mostly sorrow. Biting my lip, I grabbed his hand.

"I'm staff... Let's go find out who it is."

Leaving our trash, we walked out and were slowly followed by the other staff. Some had quickly gotten control of themselves and their emotions, putting them aside to help others. I saw some sitting slumped over try to come to terms with what had happened. Others still were shocked with what had happened and overcome with fear for who might have been killed, clear from the horror etched in their faces.

13. Haha I like the drama :)

14. Hey guys!

So, I've created a feedback thread about KI. I'd love it if you've read the story to just pop in and drop a comment. This'll really help me know how many people are interested in it. I have a comment count but no view count. :) Feel free to ask questions, giving ideas, leave comments, etc. I will also probably use it as a message board, so check for that.

New chapter out later, hour or two so watch out for that. Thank you to everyone who has been commenting! Really appreciate it!!

Thanks for reading. :)

15. Here you guys go!! More explanations next chapter. Sorry if it's a bit short. Enjoy!!

Chapter 8

Slowly and methodically we walked to the break room. It felt like forever to get there. The blue-gray carpeted walls added to the tense atmosphere made the walk even more nerve-racking. Everyone was on edge.

When we finally reached the break room, I realized how small it was. More staff had followed our group from the theater, making the group about 30 people- almost all volunteers. The 20 staff that had already gathered in the break room filled about half the room, leaving our group to cramp together closely.

The Boss, Joseph Winters, was out on a business trip leaving Susan Bradford in charge. A woman of about 50, she was a harsh, unforgiving and no-nonsense type of person.

I saw her squeeze in the door and strut to an open spot in the middle of the room. Chris and I had been pushed back against the counter in the back, and he gestured to in now as Susan started to speak. Hoisting myself up first, I help Chris up next before listening. Standing up there, we had a much better view.

"Alright listen up." What little chatter had been going on ceased. "A murder had taken place here tonight. Her name was Teresa Williams."

Gasps escaped the crowd; a couple people started crying.

"I understand this is hard. The police are on their way now. I'm going to ask, if you are comfortable doing this, to help the police by answering questions and explaining to customers. I... Don't do this if you do want to. I'm not expecting anyone to not be effected. I'm shocked myself. But I'm trying to put that aside to help..." She took a deep breath. "To help get this situation under control."

Her voice quavered as she spoke and I saw a side I had never seen before. Kindness. Caring. I knew she was a mother but never saw her as one. It was strange to see that in her.

"Ok. So, anyone not... Ready to deal with this, please meet in the theater. Stay here if you want to help. Thank you," Susan concluded.

Teresa's body flashed through my mind again. My right hand shook. My stabbing hand. I bit my lip and closed my eyes. Now that I had done it, I did feel something. Shock. It did nothing to help my understanding but at least it was something. I'd to better to puzzle over it later and just try to fit in now.

I turned and rested my head on Chris. He hugged me tight. I let go for a second as he jumped down and helped me down from the counter. Crying on his shoulder, I realized it came easy but with no emotion behind it.

"You don't have to help Kerri. Not if you don't want to," Chris reminded me.

"I know," I said in a cracked voice. "I want to though. I want to... Understand what would drive someone to do this."

I had surprised myself. I really did want to find out why I did this. Maybe this would help me understand. Considering it, I continued my act. I had my mom's talent at least. It would come in handy.

People started to leave, very few staying. I made my move.

Wiping away my tears, I approached Susan with Chris behind me.

"I want to help."

"Kerri. I'm so sorry. I knew you were close," she smiled gently, something I had never seen.

"Yeah." It was quick and anger, not drawn out. "What can I do," I said, not a question but a statement.

"Well," Susan started before turning to look as the break room door was harshly pushed open.

State officers walked in followed by unidentified officers.

"Hello ma'am, miss, sir," a stocky state officer said addressing us all in turn, including Chris. "Susan Winters?"

Susan nodded.

"Let me introduce the FBI."

One of the FBI agents stepped forward. "Agent Luck with the BAU. This case is now under federal control."

My heart did a quick jump of joy when I heard that.

16. It's up! Sorry for delay, irl stuff. Also sorry for it being kinda short. Not much going on, more action soon along with more explanations and background. Chapter 10 will be much longer. Enjoy!

Chapter 9

The badge flashed for a second before disappearing back into the agent's pocket. He removed his black shades and hood, letting us get our first good look at him.

Smartly dressed in black slacks, he also wore a long black coat with a heavy hood. It's smokey smell filled the room, and dripped water around his feet. It was splattered with raindrops from outside. I had forgotten it was going to rain today.

He heaved his coat off, laying over his arm. I looked him up and down. A large black man, he was young- maybe 27. But his face was worn and sad, and hiding in his eyes was a fierce passion. He had dark eyes and a soft mouth surrounded by a thin black goatee. The color match his hair, which was a short buzz cut. It was also clear he wasn't the desk type of person, but the field one. Even in a suit, you could tell he was toned.

I liked the look of him, as an agent. Maybe not as one against me though. But while I was more methodically sizing him up, Susan looked him up and down real fast before getting straight to the questions.

"What do you mean, federal control?"

"Ma'am, I'm Special Agent Radke, with the FBI. My team and I were sent down after the first murder broke. It was perceived that the number on the wall may be a progression, leading to a possible serial killer at work. And when we heard there was another, we stopped by." He spoke quietly but with force, and calmly as well. He was in control of himself.

The other agent behind him stepped forward.

"Special Agent Cage. I'll be helping Radke."

He wasn't nearly as impressive as Radke, with a ridiculous fluffy brown mustache to go with his shaggy hair. With pale skin, he looked like night and day with his partner.

"Alright. I'm beginning to understand. Can you just..." Susan stammered. "Just wait a moment. I'm going to need some time to cool off."

She sat down, resting her head in her hands.

"I can... I can show them. I can show them the scene. If it would help," I offered. "Where is it?"

"Teresa's office. But Kerri, you don't have to. It's alright, I can."

"No, no really. You need to rest. I can wait outside. I'll just show them the room."

"You sure?"

"No. But I'll do it to help. Follow me."

I gestured to the officers and Chris before walking out.

As promised, I lead the to Teresa's office. The door was barely ajar, and the area around it roped off. Ducking under the ropes, I pointed to the door.

"Here you go. The office."

They thanked me and pushed the door open. Chris stood next to me, hand on my shoulder. Once the officers had moved and we could see the body, he gasped. Radke spun the body around to face them, and I could see the blood covering her front.

Chris wrapped me in his arms and I turned to bury my face in his shoulder. I felt mad, insane almost. The murderer standing at the crime scene, leading the police to the body. I was completely on edge, aware of everything. Even with my face hidden, I knew what the officers were doing.

They were checking the door and seeing the number, looking at the body, checking for prints. I ran through their actions before pulling away and looking again.

Radke was walking towards us.

"Serial killer for sure, numbers here too. I'm sorry; did you know her?"

I nodded.

"It was slow and painful, I'm so sorry."

Starting to nod slowly, my eyes just closed and my face fell into my hands. I shook uncontrollably.

"Get her out of here. She's upset. If we need it, we'll ask for a statement. We'll wait, don't worry," the agent told Chris. I let him lead me out.

I continued to shake. Something had come over me, an atonement almost. Because I wasn't shaking from sadness but madness. I felt crazy. All throughout I was mad. I wasn't crying but laughing. Because they knew nothing. No one knew anything. I didn't even. All I knew was that they were wrong. And that was all that mattered.

17. Wow tiger that's AWESSSSOOOOMMMMEE

18. Clarification: Radke is pronounced "Rad-key".