kaw_community

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Welcome, kaw_community! A few suggestions for you. I understand why you feel that joining a clan may be biased, but it's such an important part of the KaWmunity. You might consider, instead of settling into one clan, visiting many clans. Join ebs, EE wars, osws, and really get to know us. If you join a random clan every other day or so, it would be a fair way to go. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Cheers 
    AFR®

2. How exactly will you play the game if you don't join a clan???? What will you nob you're way to big stats? You need a clan for ebs 

3. Based on the fact kaw_community will not be joining a clan or actually playing this game my guess is that he/she is just here to sift through the bull sudjestions like inferno/aqua trading, rancor levels and world clock crap and find the most interesting ideas to present to the rest of the devs. He/she has no intention of helping come up with solutions for all you poor kaw players out there wanting the free based kaw back to what it once was. but that is just my speculation of course.

4. Kaw_community,

To get the important issue out of the way, what do we nick name you? Kaw_community kinda long to type, so can I call you king comm?

Whew, got the hard question out of the way, now to the easy light hearted portion. Not sure if your role was intended for forums only, but I would like to say the idea of a member of the dev team openly attempting to learn and understand the game by actually playing it as suggested by finfan would be great in my opinion. I can't tell you how many times I have complained devs do not know how to play their own game or know how their own mechanics work in action, and that the players understand the game mechs better than the creators of them. Should you take the route of actively playing the game, I see potential to bridge some of the disconnect players and devs feel when discussing improvements to the game.

I also feel that exposure to many clans and player types in their "element" so to speak is crucial for you to understand the different views and arguments that are presented in the forums, as well as get a first hand taste of the challenges and frustrations we face in our daily game play. If you really want to understand the game you do need to try to grow, which will be hard for you because I'm sure you will get farmed worse than the mods do lol. Collecting items, enchanting items, building pots, trading allies, attempting to HFBC, EE warring, etc. all important in the growth process and clans do assist in facilitating all these aspects. Clan hopping (I.e. not staying in a clan more than 24 hrs) to accomplish this I see no issue or perceived bias in. I see u getting a ton of wall spam of "join my clan" and pouting if you don't go, but risk of perceived bias is relatively low compared to potential reward in my opinion.

With all that said I think lines would be crossed if you were to become a functioning member of a clan and pulled into only select clans' third party chat apps. I will tell you now, ss of you in said app will spread through Kaw like wild fire if you do, and you would lose any hope of being considered an impartial observer. Yes this should be common sense, but i know it has occurred in past, did result in favoritism, and ended badly for parties involved. Just hoping history doesn't repeat if you go down that route.

Final thought I will throw on here, is forum polls suck. I'm sorry but they do. They do not result in a broad enough sample to represent the community as a whole. Many players would rather be stripped than be bothered to post forums. Just saying....

Good luck to you in this endeavor, you have your work cut out for you!

5. Welcome kaw_community I think this great. Will there be a collection thing like there was for Halloween? Snowflakes or elves are my thoughts:)

6. I agree with all the prior posts. That to get to know us the best thing you can do is clan hop every day. Help out some small clans struggling with ebs when they advertise on wc and get a feel for the small clans. Hop between bigger clans osw ee and eb and get a taste of how we all work and function together.
    It would be a good chance for you to interact with the community and an ideal way for people to get to know you.
    You certainly won't get a feel for anything from outside of clans where all the day to day drama and fun happens

Welcome to the madhouse btw.

7. Community,
    Welcome bud, sorry I'm a little late to the forum but would just like to bring something up, forgive me if u've gotten this complaint a hundred times already. I know most of Kaw are demanding more incentives for pvp, and that devs are working on it...I'm sure it's more work then most of us would know, so until then why not a quick obvious fix to pvp issues? The payout!
    I'm in Osw now...so when I hit a player my size who is fully potted I make roughly 90-95mil. If I hit a player who is bigger then I am I could sometimes make 100-105mil...so let's say for easy math I make an average of 100mil per hit when opponent is fully potted. In order to win the attack I'd have to use full pots which cost 70mil per hit so hitting someone bigger then me only pays 30mil per hit, less then any eb kaw has to offer. On top of all this is the risk of loosing an attack...if I were to let's say go 3 for 5 attacks I would in turn loose 50mil. 300mil in winnings 350mil in pots. If this doesn't scream "devs don't want anyone hitting each other" I don't know what does. Basically every successful action against another player should pay at the very least 70mil a hit more then it does now. That seems like quite and easy fix and start towards promoting more pvp action.

8. Please fix the ranking system for clan prestige...pm me if you want suggestions or see my thread but rankings system is broken

9. @kaw_community

Do you think it possible that you talk to kaw_admin and see if MITH payout can be given to winners of the continent wars?

10. Welcome kaw_community. I don't post much but I've seen you've been pretty helpful and approachable so far.Good stuff =)

11. Great points made and concerns raised by xxxrawxxx on page 18. Can you answer them kaw_community? Thanks

12. Is it just me or does no one else love how kaw_community just vanished?

13. My favorite part is how hes 445b and either gonna play on a different account or not join a clan :lol:

14. if your not going to join a clan I don't actually class it as your playing kaw just tapping buttons and going to read 100s different points of views in forums and make random decisions. Hope your only a volunteer as to do your job properly you will have to experience the game lol

15. @kaw community

I agree. I think you should be nomadic or a freelance merc. I am both of those things and have a had a great time playing.

Not joining clans as a perm lets you avoid orders from idiots :lol: and they are out there.

You can experience the game in a cool way and meet lots of people rather quickly.

16. Welcome to what will be a very big task with thousand if suggestions and ideas with questions concerning changes. This will be no small task and will be very trying and testy times for you. I just hope you don't get over whelmed and give up on the community. I wish you the best moving forward and hope that you close the gap of understanding between DEVS and community.

17. I honestly hope it works  good luck and welcome

18. OMFG THEY DID MY IDEA! I TOLD KAW ADMIN TO MAKE A COMMUNITY ADMIN TWICE! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D

19. I wonder what they'll make drop from the EBs during the upcoming events. I was thinking something like Santa hats or Elf ears.