Is it ok? - NSA and Privacy

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moody, Apr 5, 2016.

1. a free country?

you have the highest amount of incarcerated people

The highest rate of incarceration

Laws against feeding the homeless

Laws against collecting rainwater

I could go on but I'll just state that the United states isn't even in the top 5 most free countries.

2. “He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”

3. Didn't they get another company to hack it? Anyway yeh I think that's fine it's a terrorist apple should of given them the keys.

4. Invasive audit requests such as questioning whether or not the president was actually born in Hawaii or not?
    Think about that.

5. How many NSA spies are elected position?

6. This isn't remotely true. In this country, we have the right to petition the government for a redress of iur grievances. We also have the right to a fair and speedy trial.

Many of the spying powers have been struck down by the courts. Every day, more and more people are joining the fight against illegal government spying. And we are slowly winning our rights back.

7. Do you know what an audit is?

8. I'm not familiar with america.

Has a redress petition ever been successful?

What spying powers being "struck down" in a court of law? lol

The nsa had a terrorists phone unlocked and I'm sure your government monitor your searches without your knowledge.

Who knows what else these agencies do.

Who's joining this fight against surveillance?

9. Yes. Many have.

Quite a few, actually. One big one that comes to mind is that the government can't search your phone just because it thinks it might contain criminal evidence. It now requires a warrant for each specific device it wants to search. This is why the FBI had to get a warrant to search the San Bernardino phone.

Government also can no longer use your phone GPS to track your whereabouts without a warrant.

Not without a warrant.

Myself and most of my friends are active in anti-spying non-profits. We call/write government officials and openly protest in the streets.

Everywhere we go, we meet new people who want to join the fight. We have multiple non profits that we work with across the country, each with thousands of members.

You would be surprised how eager Americans are to fight government spying.

Some people's only view of the U.S. comes through their TV and computer screens. Real life Americans walking the streets are not what you'll find in the news and on the web.

10. Personally I don't like the idea that I might be being watched, however I get the purpose of it.

My problem with Snowden is personally I feel it would have been better had he not leaked the information, not even mentioning the fact that this isn't supposedly the only thing he leaked.

Being spied on sucks, it has its purpose, but I think the people would be better off not knowing about it. As they say… ignorance is bliss.

11. Snowden is a living American hero. I would have his babies.

12. You know if you guys wanted I could probably find some of the stuff he released later.

13. In my opinion, Edward Snowden committed treason. Now, you might say his actions were "for the greater good" but, he is what he is. A traitor.

14. Snowden leaked a load of crap and then run away doesn't sound like a hero to me.

15. They outsourced to an Israeli company who hacked it.

16. Its been a known fact of course the government listens in on conversations. If no one believed it then they are an idiot. Not saying that towards anyone here but if someone gets butthurt there is nothing I can do about it. The main thing is there is a list of words/phrases that triggers it. Its not like they are listening to every conversation.

17. Snowden is just like bergdahl a pos

18. Snowden is a living American hero. He is one of the bravest people alive, in my opinion. He spoke out when he felt he saw something that went against the constitution. He left his family, career and friends, so that he could continue releasing this information. Some people call him a traitor and a coward, but the opposite is actually true.

He proved that it is the NSA who are traitors by secretly violating the rights of millions of Americans. That really shows that the NSA are the traitors here. And he gave up his life here in the U.S. so that he could continue to deliver this information in a safe and responsible manner because he felt it was his responsibility to do so. That takes a lot of courage to give up your life for what you believe.

I'll bet some of the people who call him a traitor and a coward haven't listened to or watched his interviews or else you would understand him as a person, a human being with conscience and values. To hear the passion in his voice when he talks about the Constitution and the right to privacy and Liberty really says a lot about why he did what he did.

19. When you do something isn't there consequences good or bad? Well if he was proud of what he did then why did he run. Its like anyone that breaks the law run to where there is no extradition. Its the same thing he should just man up just sayin. I don't care what he did even if its right or wrong.