Is It Ok - Kaw relationships.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Moody, May 3, 2016.

1. Is it Ok? Referring to ourselves as gamers when we play a tap, tap mobile app.

edit:Rhymed unintentionally

2. I mean, we all used a PC for kaw once. Makes us PC gamers right? Hehe

3. I don't really consider kaw players gamers. When I commented on gamers before, I meant as in actual console gamers. While PC gaming is a thing, this is still a tap tap game when you boil it down.

COD, Destiny, GTA, LoL, WoW, BD, Diablo, Fallout, etc. Those are the types of games that I would consider make someone an gamer. And an avid gamer would be someone who doesn't just play a match of league once a week or something, but also not someone that hasn't left their console, or their room/mothers basement, in 5 days/years. There is a line to be drawn, but each person draws their own.

4. No...its pretty sad actually

5. You think it's sad that people can form a bond with someone, or can form an emotional attachment to someone that they haven't had the chance to judge appearances on? That humans are able to befriend someone, talk to someone so much, that they feel close to them on an emotional level?

My sister has severe depression and anxiety and doesn't have the ability to easily make friends. She does sports but she can't talk to her teammates easily. It's a struggle and she can not function properly if put in a stressful situation. She is prone to break downs and panic attacks, even with her medications. But online, she is 100x more social. She is able to connect with people, she recently started talking to someone romantically. Everyone, including them, knows they won't have a future. But it's someone she can confide in, someone that lifts her up. She loves him because he is able to understand her and talk to her like no one else can because of her disorders. And while they aren't dating, they love each other. They make each other feel important and respected and relevant. They make each other happy. Why is that so sad?

6. Also, before a certain someone tries using this as a twist on me,

I'm not saying you need anxiety or depression to be able to do this. I was simply giving another personal reason why I think it's fine. Tons of people hold more empathy for others, more compassion.

7. Bwuahahaha such a sad thread filled with sad little humans

8. Some of the comments on this thread 

People meet on dating sites all the time. They're social platforms, just like KaW.

Now KaW is not a dating app by any means, but it shares a lot of the same properties and concepts purely social apps share. Hell, ATA wanted to start out developing social apps instead of games.

This game is a social app plus taps. You should expect to see bonds formed in this game.

9. THIS.
    Also, if a person tends to make bad decisions irl, they will impulsively make worse decisions in game. I've done it and the consequences were not worth the experience. I'm sure the person I tried it with would say the same. The fallout affected me both in game and irl.
    On the flip, like Cheese, I know a number of couples who met in Kaw and are now very happy.
    Tl,dr: Don't take online personas for granted. Get to know them irl before making rl decisions.

10. Snoop, I have a dog. I showed him your stats, he's totes into you.

11. I 100% believe it is ok to date in KaW. I know two people who are actually getting married from a relationship that started in KaW.

12. I met my wife on KaW.

13. lookin 4 hot grills in pm

14. I'm having one this friday. Meat included.

15. Go outside people. Too many nerds reproducing thanks to nerd games.

16. I've got one too.

A relationship with kaw... Lmfao

17. Speaking from my own experience, I think it is important to point out the difference between having a relationship that is solely on KaW and one where KaW is simply how the two people met each other. If it is a true relationship, then it expands into other parts of their lives and other forms of communication, be it phone, text, in person, etc. In this instance, I think it certainly is ok, and has just as much chance as any relationship would.

18. A nice balance of opinions here, general consensus seems to be that yes it is ok to have a relationship through kaw as long as all the safety from Internet dating applies.

That being said, we are a 9 game and any of these relationships could be made public on walls, PM and cc so all who enter these relationships should remain mindful of that!

Is it fair on clans to have such relationships within them? Knowing that if things go south it could take the clan with them?

19. It's fair if nobody stops it from the start.

20. I think it would depend on the clan. I didn't mind couples within clan in A8, but I know this one player, who would like to remain unnamed, was dating a girl from kaw, who did not want his girlfriend in his clan at all because he didn't want there to be any trouble from council.