Introducing the Black Market

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Moody, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Introducing the Black Market...

The perfect way to reduce the ever-growing gold/inflation problem

With the release of "The Abyss" which provides us with roughly 24.79 trillion gold Source and the buildings on each of those lands that, up to level 3, costing 790 billion gold each in total the Kawmunity needs an alternative way to spend their gold if Abyss lands are too much.

This is where the Black Market comes into play.

The Currency of the Black Market

Now this is an underhand area of the buying and selling world. You can't trust using gold coins... they can be too easily lost, stolen or that darn wandering villager knocking into you makes you drop them everywhere...

Therefore, the Black Market only accepts Bronze Bars or the new Gold Bars as shown below:

A Gold Bar is worth 100 bronze bars or 3 billion straight gold. However, when gold bars are transfused back into gold at the seller's end (assuming they wish to use the gold rather than keep the bar) they also only get 75% back, the same as with bronze bars.

This is how we reduce the gold inflation at a more reasonable level than the mass of lands.

Items that can be sold in the Black Market could be as follows...

Equipment

We are all familiar with equipment slots looking like the below image:

Now, using this screenshot as an example, there are two pieces of equipment which are of no use to me due to my Valley Dragon Chestplate. The remaining two pieces of equipment I could bring to the Black Market and charge a price for either of them. I could decide that the Armor of Eternal Fire is worth 1 gold bar and the Nether Realm Breastplate is worth 3 gold bars and set them as this price.
    A player could then come and look for body equipment and see the Nether Realm Breastplate and decides that they wish to have it and buy it.
    I lose the useless equipment for me and gain 3 gold bars. Simple right?

Mithril

There are those who love to war, love the thrill, love the drama, love it. Those people do as many wars as they can and hoard masses of mithril which are spent on equipment or just to be constantly colourful in wc.

These players may miss out on gold because they war too much for estoc's edge to provide the money they need.

These players could sell mithril to players through the Black Market either as individual pieces, clumps per spell (e.g. 15 for unholy aura), or simply as many as they're willing to sell.

As with equipment, the price of this player's mithril will be decided by them and someone may buy or someone may not.

Enchantable Materials

Have too much aqua?
    Have too much inferno?
    Have some leftover Psion!?
    All those darn dragon scrolls!!?

These can all be sold on the Black Market for monetary gains, enabling players to finally enchant their equipment which wants 7 inferno and all they have are 274 aqua. We could also see some more enchanted Lure of The Hive rings around... you know if you haven't already sold them...

Have 100 inferno but you just need two more Bloodless Helm Scrolls to have that upgraded? There's a deal that could be done there.

Remember this is player-driven...

The seller decides what they believe their product is worth and the buyer decides whether that is a fair price.

Sellers and buyers names will NOT be displayed in the Black Market

Also, the item will be displayed, such as in the example of equipment, at the current lowest selling price. When you place your item to be sold you will be able to see current cheapest price for the equipment and choose to increase or decrease the price accordingly. Credit to -Joseph- -
    This is to stop any harassment of high prices or clans bonding together to give one player lots of money, the Black Market is a seedy, secretive place. But could be a valuable asset to this game.

This idea has been said before but I have adapted it slightly but I would like to think some of those who had similar ideas that allowed me to expand and, I believe, improve on the idea.

Elmo_Vaz_Te - "Trading equipment"

GALLARDO_LP_570-4SQUADRA_CORSE - Gold bars

Feel free to ask questions / critique, I welcome them :)

Improvements/Tweaks/Suggestions for improvement based from community feedback

This is a teething problem maybe at the start of the black market. After some time the list would be too long to scroll for the correct player/price. I understand this is an imperfect system unless it was a price range system.

For example the prices could be displayed in the store as 1GB [Gold bar] to 9GB, 10GB -19GB and players would buy within the range? It's more pot luck as to whether it would be 11GB or 19GB but you get the item you desire.

A great plan, but it's possible that players can place a specific price of say... 63GB and wait a week for it to occur. But I like the idea, maybe mash up of the feedback could be implemented?

Good idea with reduced prices possible for a quick sale etc prices to be decided by developers of course :)

2. Reserved for support count and answers to questions/concerns :)

Supporters: 82

The names of buyers and sellers would not be displayed in the black market. Players will not know if they are selling to their alt or another player. A risk that may not be worth taking with quantities of 600bill as your example

Chances are if you are selling equipment you do not wish to have it but simply put, any piece of equipment can only be dropped to you once. If you sell your one chance then you will have to buy it from somebody else in the black market :) good point though!

DATA 06/04/2015

Ok, after being asked to show numbers of different data here are the findings.

Please note that information was only recorded by those with a clear "Support" or clear "No Support". Unfortunately I did not have the time to generate context from long posts and so kept this simple.

Supporters and Non-Supporters

Total number of supports and non-supporters were 135, with a split of 10 Non-supporters to 125 Supporters of the Black Market.

Build Types

This was based on brief glance of the stats of the players, therefore may not be 100% accurate but will do for the purposes of this comparison.

Of the 10 Non-Supporters, 8 were attack builds and 2 were hansels. This left 75 supporting attack builds, 38 supporting hansels and 12 hybrids.

Years Playing

Based on achievement badges of each player. Those who have yet to receive their 1 year anniversary badge were classed as 0 as they haven't been playing a year yet.

The results, as numbers, are as follows...

Event players

This is the big category. This is based on equipment that was visible on the players profiles, chances are that if they participate in events then they are likely to be after equipment they can use and therefore display. However, this is an assumption.

This shows that all 10 non-supporters have equipment from events, however, 102 supporters of the Black Market also have event equipment. The remaining 23 supporters had no event equipment displayed.
    Conclusion

The non-supporters of the Black Market are small in number but have generally been playing a few years. They have gathered event equipment which they have worked hard for and are of the opinion that the wider community should not have the chance to use the equipment they have gained.
    The supporters of the Black Market are numerous after all lengths of time of playing and most have event equipment in some form.
    The favoured build of this survey is also attack for both non-supporters and supporters, however there were 0 hybrids in the non-supporters camp.

To conclude, the Black Market is a player-market. When it gets down to the detail, the players who collect the greatest equipment will be able to hold onto their achievements for as long as they wish. Whether that be until the next event or after 3 years. The idea of getting something for nothing is a non-argument due to the exchange of monies between players, however it needs to be clear that the items are worth a certain amount power value but also in sentimental value.

I have enjoyed reading your thoughts and opinions on this thread and I hope you find this data useful to continue your discussions.

3. Nice would love something like this

4. I like what I see... so support

5. Oooo...interesting...

6. Support. Seems cool. To cool to ever be considered by the devs.

7. Biggest issue is one that gets pointed out every time on things like this. It's exploitable. I could have my alt put up hooves for 600gb to transfer gold to him. Figure out a way to fix that and I'll support.

8. Support please implement this devs

9. Support, I personally have left over scrolls/psion I would love to see something done with.

10. Mehh.. To manny exploits, with alts... I like the idea but devs won't consider it.

11. The names of buyers and sellers would not be displayed in the black market. Players will not know if they are selling to their alt or another player. A risk that may not be worth taking with quantities of 600bill as your example

12. They could sell for a specific price so they know it's their alt. Like 603,780,537b gold. Then you'd know it was your alt your trading with lol

13. It's a good idea to be able to get rid of equip that isn't useful anymore

14. Aye, and not much of a risk if someone else is going to fund your alt that way lol

15. This is a teething problem maybe at the start of the black market. After some time the list would be too long to scroll for the correct player/price. I understand this is an imperfect system unless it was a price range system.

For example the prices could be displayed in the store as 1GB [Gold bar] to 9GB, 10GB -19GB and players would buy within the range? It's more pot luck as to whether it would be 11GB or 19GB but you get the item you desire.

Thoughts?

16. My Post did not post for some reason

The answer is fairly simple - add a unknown time delay of when the item a seller intends to sell ends up on the market. That way purchasing from an alt would be down to pure luck and a risk to the seller!!!

Just a thought

17. Sounds good so support!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.