Individual War Feedback

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Grant, May 30, 2014.

1. @Dragon, learn to freaking wc and track. It's based on luck if u get one and stop thinking like u get a freaking free wc and tracker every war.

2. Accidentally posted with my alt :lol: :lol:

3. Amazing roosters were best balanced I've ever seen plz continue with the idea

4. Amazing roosters were best balanced I've ever seen plz continue with the idea

5. Wars were amazing. Keep it up devs. Some more time for preparation before wars would be great.

6. Sure wish ata felt the same way about GaW...

7. Pros:
    - Matchup was balanced.
    - No SH :)
    - Lots of fun warring with new ppl!
    - Communication from kaw_community while in WC waiting for matchup.
    - People with some wacked up non EE builds were able to war.
    - All the juicy PS opening for us while we were waiting in WC! :)
    - Great WC and Tracker stepped up and made all the difference for us.

Cons:
    - 12 mins to prep not nearly enough but since everyone had the same handicap... I was ok with it.
    - Some that did not get a match had already cast mith and only recieved 2. When to cast needed to be stated more clearly.
    - The 2nd war was canceled.
    - The wait in WC. This would have been ok if we would have known for sure the wars were going to start at the scheduled time. We were being informed that the matchups were being worked on but not given any time estimates. I would have been more prepared if I would have been told the wars would be going on at the scheduled start time, rain or shine.

Overall I liked it! It was a bummer not warring with my clan/friends but it was a fun experience and I would do it again.

Brandi

8. With this I think people should have own statistics.
    Like:
    total plunder earned: _____
    Average Plunder per war _________
    Average actions per war _________
    Ko's, sko's, being koed
    I think devs could use info like this to get better matches, and people in wars can get a better idea of what
    Ositions people coul play in the war for the most benefit

9. People, sorry I got this weird glitch where I can't see what I'm typing

10. First and foremost, I just want to say, I REALLY enjoyed this format. Not that it is something I'd want to do every time, nor do I think it'll remain as 'pure' as this original test was (people always find a way to abuse and ruin the simple fun for others) however, I do think this is something you should add to your arsenal of war variations, be it an event that runs only a few times a week or even an alternate sign up that runs right along side the normal clan vs clan structure, so players have a choice and can do whatever they fancy at the time.

The balance of the rosters was perfect. I know a few people have mentioned structuring it like a draft, where the roster appears more spread out in terms of build size, however, my issue with this is the probability of inactives. It is almost inevitable in this type of format to have a fully active roster, you are bound to have 2-3 and that's fine, as the enemy roster will have roughly the same. With a 'balanced' roster style, if your inactives fall on the higher end of the power spectrum, while the enemies fall on the lower, now you are fighting with a significant handicap. Further, the fact I could essentially hit everyone was exciting, it gave me something to do all the time, instead of Koing my 'x' amount of possible targets, then waiting for them to come out of pin; not that this is a huge problem in normal wars, regen is important obviously, was just exciting to always have to be on your toes and spamming those out of pin.

Many people may disagree with me on this, however, I really enjoyed the short set up time. One of the BIG fears of many players prior to the war, was the possible obvious abuse of the pure spy mechanic and perhaps paying off an enemy PS so your whole team could just plunder them down. With this short set up time, at least for my clan (we were matched up with about 10 min til war started and put into a clan about 15 before) we hardly had time to get to know each other, let alone establish an organized plan of all hitting 1 paid off PS with troops but no one Koing spy wise.

I think it is extremely important that you either keep the pre match ups short OR, preferably, don't allow PS to war in this format.

Sure it might seem bias or unfair to pure spies, however, in the long run, I can almost guarantee you, they will be what ruins individual wars. A leak on your team is fine, as hits are limited, but an unlimited plunder pool is a different story. Simply give them the message that a pure tower build gets in normal wars and if people want to be a PS (which is a valid build by all means) keep to normal clan vs clan wars where the punishment from this type of behavior is never being allowed to war in that clan again and players can police this type of activity.

Finally, I noticed a number of people in this thread complaining that they have dedicated war builds and this style of war devalues their build in some way. I assure you, I 100% understand the sacrifices of having a dedicated build, I make 30 mil first hit on HTE without EE (which I'm sure is MUCH less than you big attack builds make) yet I've spent a rather large amount of money dumping seals and xtals to build up my BFA. Will less dedicated builds now have access to the same gear as me? Yes. Does this make my build any less useful in war? Not at all! In terms of CR yesterday, I was 13, so right in the middle of the pack, yet I was WR1, with 3 bil in plunder and 15 KO's, plus I wasn't taken down even once. You know who was right up there with me? The other war builds on both sides! If anything, this will begin to encourage more EB focused players to start converting into war builds (or at least semi war builds) as they will see players like you and me outperforming them every time, they wont be useless by any means, however, if there is a good reason for it, logically, people will start to do it.

On a side note, regarding the individual reward system that you were testing: I was worried when I read you'd get '1 egg per attack' that it literally meant you had to attack the players in order to get it and I think that was, in fact, the case. I had 120ish actions that were ALL either attacks or assassinates (I don't waste time scouting and I'm just used to not stealing because of 0 pot SH and big SDT, so kind of didn't even think of it this war.) With that being said, I only received twenty something eggs (I want to say it was 23, but I forget now.)

I can somewhat agree in not rewarding scouts, prevents people from just farming 'useless' actions, however, I'd like you to look into rewarding the other spy actions properly, as they are just as, if not more difficult to execute than attacks and contribute just as much to the war effort.

11. I coudnt get to war since it waz not in my awake time zone..plz giv some for south asian members.ty

12. Loved it, gave mids like me a chance to war

13. Loved it! One thing that would need to be sorted it ratio of hansels and attack builds. Good job though 

14. Was fun n chaotic but a lil more then 17min to set up is the only problem I saw, which I imagine was because the 1st match ups didn't go as planned to have the full hour for preparations but hey we adapt and learn more each time, 6 pack for the devs

15. Judging by the amount of mids looking for war in wc right now id have to ask please keep doing this! Im on of those mids that cannot find a war and im so tired of ebs that kaw has become boring to me,until that war last night. Now i just want more. I started building as a merc and worked my way way up to co owner of a well respected merc clan. Now im in the middle of rebuilding to better equip myself for warring instead of ebs. Kaw needs this, last week i almost walked away from this game for good because war was impossible to find for my build and refuse to drop down to sh. This imo could keep kaw interesting for me. Thanks for reading

16. A true CHAOS war, a great improvement on existing system IMO

17. Can't give feedback for the war as no match!???? <no excuse for thatbut... Have a word with your comp dept wasted four hours and you give one xtal and some ridiculous eggs <that's just an insult

18. @Radagast - support your feedback on war match up to war start time to be reduced! 2 hours is way too long to wait for a war start and reducing to 1 hour will give players an easier and faster acknowlegement/comitment regarding how to manage their time in real life! not spending 10 minutes working out if they are able to comit. Then the 50/50 chance of actually getting a match or a no match. Then if actually successfull in a match up ppl got to wait another 2 hours to physically war plus the hour or two for the war duration itself! what im tryna say is these wars and their time consumption needs to be adressed and we clearly know its possible! (summary in a nut shell) :D good work Devs!

19. War was great could hit every1 would like bfa capped for wars increase fairness and equality through the wars. Any lb with extreme bfa 500 moaning if you cap it are spineless so ignore them tnx most should be for a fair fun war