Incorrect Stat increases on ADT and SDT on new lands

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by Adonis-ICE_MaCHiNE, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What I'm saying is it's currently affecting very few people, and the overall balance is not wrong, so I'm not going to step in and take any action. When Charlie gets back, we'll decide if we want to make changes. Then we'll go over those changes with you in the forums.

2. A glimpse of hopethank you

3. Thank you Mike, and While I appreciate your reply and I agree Blazey this is good news, buildings, ALL buildings should work in the same way and it shouldn't matter if it affected 1 person. This game should never be about the majority. Things should work the correct way for everyone and if a game mechanic was found to in any way negatively affect any player it should be rectified. I, and admire then a few other eagerly await Charlie's return and again Mark thank you. Please understand I'm not having a go at you I just enjoy the game, want it to work well and it took me a lot of effort to record my findings and 13 trillion for an increase of 506,000 cs is wrong nothing anyone says will change that. Thanks

4. I think the number of players effected only meant to outline that it isn't as urgent. Or so I hope

5. You may be very right Blazey. My apologies. I get a little ummmm hot headed at times. I'll sit patiently and won't say another word. Again ty mark for replying.

6. When does Charlie get back ?

7. Well I certainly hope he has a viable explanation. If not, questions toward future game play will be asked. But I do hope he's having a great time wherever he is.

Happy KAW'ing all 

8. Ok, a number of points and analysis.

First, play the game we're playing. If the devs do something that doesn't make sense to you work around it. Figure out how to best take advantage of what the devs give us. If the value of a UG isn't worth it, invest in BFA or plan your build accordingly to grow most efficiently.

Now, I think the issues over towers here are being overstated, they equally apply (or don't apply) to regular buildings. For instance, at pretty much very level of every building on other lands, the ratio of SDT stats to the equivalent spy building was 1.5, so if a spy building gave 100k/100k spy stats, the equivalent SDT was always around 150k. For level 11-20 on new lands, chocolate's data says the ratio varies between about 1.56 and 1.68. So actually, the ratio is a bit better and doesn't vary all that much. For ADT and troops the analysis is less straightforward, but roughly the same hold true.

This suggests that either there's a problem with ALL BUILDINGS or NO PROBLEM at all, depending on how you look at it. Sure, the devs could smooth out the ratios so they were consistently 1.6 across the board, but I don't think the kind of variation we see is too bad.

Next, I think absolute stat jumps of the kind OP reported are often misleading, It's better to look at stats/gold spent as a rate rather than just how much your stats go up every UG. Given the point I just made about the ratio being relatively stable, we can look at the stats given per gold spent for spy buildings (in stats/B in gold):

10-11: 308.0266666667
    11-12: 248.005
    12-13: 201.3776470588
    13-14: 155.3762162162
    14-15: 124.015
    15-16: 125.076097561
    16-17: 102.9644444444
    17-18: 87.7175
    18-19: 80.97
    19-20: 79.4889655172

As you can see, the value of upgrades is (almost) monotonically decreasing, so it's not obvious that there's a big problem there. Sure, the SDT/spy ratio fluctuates a bit, but I would say not enough for this to be a major concern.

9. Yes I did the math, it checks out. There is no problem with the ratio of defence of lvl20 adt: LvL20 balanced attack.
    However for me the issue is the progression, I.e the lvl14-15 and 18-19 in adt

10. If you do the same analysis between balanced troop buildings and adt from lvl11 to 20 the ratio varies between 1.57 and 1.7, again not too bad. There's a bit of fluctuation at higher levels 1.61 @14 to 1.695 @18 down to 1.635 @19. It's a little weird but I don't think it's a major issue. Just get an ug plan that maximises your efficiency

11. Comparing ratios at discrete levels is in my opinion useless. Seeing as in a building with 20 levels, having single level with 0 defence will hardly alter the overall ratio. (e.g 1.64 to 1.55 at lvl 15)
    Thing is, when I see that 10.75T will give me only 1mcs I dont feel like it's worth it, and thus am prompted to upgrade other buildings. So I suggest they even out the levels, so that there are no weird discrepancies. Although some extra compensatory defence stats would be nice :wink:

12. 200m?! Nah. Its not profitable for a game if people cant be hit successfully. I think 147m for only 3 is heaps already

13. Answer: the devs just don't give a damn anymore and just smash their face on the keyboard when inputting new building stats/events.

14. You forgot to subtract almost 25m I have from attack building and also u don't know that I have other adts on previous land. Under 100m or so from 3adt does seem pretty low.

How about capping bfa effect then, since it's unprofitable if people can't be hit successfully? What's the percentage of players who can win on alb not to mention hit it at all? At least stats have limit and can still be overpowered by bfa. That argument of urs makes no sense

15. Yeh but we can make them easier to hit by strips. You cant strip towers off someone

16. Exactly why towers should have best stats. What you sacrifice in plunder you should benefit more. Especially with today's stats. I mean bc spies now can cut through most towers. They should act as a real deterrent

17. Agee with ice. We need good stats on ADT and SDT to combat big spy accounts. ITS BAD ENOUGH THAT HANSELS AND SPYS EARN MORE PER ATTACK THAN AN ATTACK ACCOUNT 

18. Welcome back Charlie. Hope you had an awesome break and restful new year. All of KaW is anticipating your awesome response and even more awesome fix we all know you'll implement. Let's make adt and sdt real deterrents. In today's KaW we need some real defence against those big bad nasty hansels and spy builds, sorry guys no one likes you guys apart from ummmm you guys lol. We already sacrifice so much in plunder putting up towers and they gain insane levels of gold give us a fighting chance....pleeeeeease
    And now over to our awesome Dec, Charlie the cheeky, chunky, chapie. (Sorry ran out of words beginning with CH)

19. Good thread, looking forward to Dev's response.

20. Aren't we all 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.