"In war, don't buy my allies!"

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by Jayde, Jun 8, 2012.

1. New additions to this post at the bottom...

I have a few pet peeves on KaW.

-Accidentally tapping the "hire" button and ending up with a 200bil crap inactive 200/400/0/0 ally (it's happened a few times, and usually when I'm indulging at happy hour).
    -Almost anything posted in World Chat (incl: spam, pervs, bullies, kids, racism, begging, pounding chests, ads, "FREE SO-AND-SO" campaigns, etc).
    -Almost anything posted in Forums (yes, I see the irony).
    -Ads on my wall or in my PM.
    -People who call everyone "bro", assuming there are no females that play this game ("Jayde" look like a dude name to you people?).
    -No Quarter
    -The term "farming". It's a war game. Shut up.

However, the one pet peeve I'd like to bring up in this post?

Banner:
    "IN WAR, DO NOT BUY MY ALLIES."

First, how many people do you know who actually check the owner before making a purchase? I certainly don't. I have my set ranges I shop, I look for stats, and I press buy. I don't view THEIR profile, let alone yours. How much time do you think I have? "It's in my banner!!!" is a ridiculous argument. It's like saying, "It's raining in Fiji!" Well that's nice, but it doesn't mean I saw it.

Second, if you have well-priced allies, especially active ones, they're going to sell. That's a fact of KaW and the ally market. If you're in war, and you don't want to have gold out randomly, don't have well-priced, active allies. Logic. I know. My head hurts, too.

Third, don't whine. Whining is so unbecoming of a warrior. "Wah I'm at war and you bought my ally, you suck, I'm gonna farm you, wah, I'm telling..." Sidebar, if someone whines on my wall about an ally buy, I like to use them as an ally shop from that day forward. Just sayin'.

I've seen wars start over an ally buy. Come on, there are SO many better reasons to start a war! Strip em fully and post them open in WC, get admin in their clan and FF a few EBs with 1 minute to go. Use a good "yo mama" joke to your advantage. Be creative! But really, over a "you bought my well-priced, active ally!!"? :roll:

Any other pet peeves to add??

WAYS TO PROFIT ON PEOPLE'S LACK OF STRATEGY:

KawPlayer2, owned by KawPlayer1, with "Protected by KawPlayer1" in their banner? Hello profit!

OR kawmances. Man, kawmances are SO PROFITABLE!

KawPlayer2 with "<3<3I LOVE KAWPLAYER1<3<3" in her banner, owned by KawPlayer1, and KawPlayer1 has "<3<3I LOVE KAWPLAYER2<3<3" in his banner?

Say it with me.

HELLO PROFIT!

---

EDIT: December 2013

I know. This is the NEVER DYING THREAD. Much of it still applies. Some does not (No Quarter is no longer the worst EB).

However, I have a new rant to add to this, and it's happening a LOT recently.

LB/Stronger players with "DO NOT HIRE ALLIES - IN OSW" in their banner... or even "ASK ME BEFORE BUYING" banners... or especially "I STRIP FOR ALLY HIRES" banners. This is already nonsense (see post above), but...

Do these players show you the same courtesy? When hiring a 700bil ally, do they ask permission first, as they demand of you?

Of course not. Apparently they feel it's their KaW-given right to treat people however they see fit.

You demand someone ask you first before hiring, or demand that they don't touch your allies while you're in OSW ? Show other players the same respect, or man the :shock: up.

Maybe then... JUST MAYBE... the community will respect you as the leader and role model you should be rather than the egotistical thoughtless bully that you showcase.

2. I hate NQ also worst eb ever

3. Support. I just drop my allies before a war.

4. The allies one is funny. Never understood why someone would think their allies are off limits because because they happen to be in OSW.

My pet peeve is people who magically go inactive during war. But are always at the top of the eb histories.

5. Cool story bro.

Nah just kidding well written thread and I agree. Has happened to me before. 

6. I saw a few of "Dont buy my ally, im in an eb". :lol:

I still believe farming should be renamed to re appropriation of undeserved and misplaced funds.

7. When devs delete inactive accounts

8. This made. Me laugh in a good way.
    Good read

:lol:

9. If their allies are not for sale, why are they being advertised when I click "Hire More Allies"? 

10. Random periods FTW.

11. true...NG for worst ever

12. NG?

13. Cause, you know... The ally market comes to a standstill for the convenience. Fools.

14. I hate the fact that I see Big EBs dropping 3-6 items yet I run FoD everyday 2 times in this clan. We get 0-1 swords, mainly 0...

I've lost count on how many FoDs I've done...

15. I find it funny when I hired an ally and five minutes later I had a HLCBC guy threatening to farm me....
    Well if he was so quick to whine he could bank in that time instead.

16. When people say "overpriced allies will get you some retribution" then when you hire all they do is hire back

17. I love owners that love their allies! Gettin paid, gettin paid!

18. :lol: a lot of good points, but where are there still Pwars?