IMPORTANT: No More Reset Bonuses

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by admin, May 31, 2012.

1. Instead of reset permanent items being dropped in eb. Make it so they are won through system wars or even battle list. I have seen far to many people win items with only a few successful actions in eb. Those of us with permanent items had to earn them by being very active. These are special items and should not be rewarded for hitting something that does not return fire.

2. Wulf... If I planned to stick around... I wouldn't mind helping to set standards about what goes in the "best of" section of the forums. It wouldn't take terribly long. Honest truth though is that I have to quit. First because I said I would and second? Because at the end of the day there is one form of feedback that the devs are gauranteed to listen to... Money. Players are money to them. If enough people quit and throw out a 1 star as well? They'll figure out there's a problem and they'll try to fix it... It's called "voting with your feet". If you don't like it and you won't stand for it? Walk away. I'd said I wasn't quitting today so I won't... I have clannies to say goodbye to after all. But after I go to bed tonight? There's a chance I'll back on the "situation" a couple days later... if it's not resolved (which it probably won't be but I've been wrong before) then I'll be done with KaW and ATA.

Regarding the idea of providing resets as achievements? Good and bad. Here's my thoughts: If it's continually obtainable then the incentive is once again present to reset using the same exploits you're trying to discourage... so that wouldn't serve the devs purposes. If instead it was a static achievement though? Players who performed a reset up to this date get a lvl 1 achievement with 4 resets being max achievement? It could serve your purposes without undermining our efforts. It wouldn't be "fair" to newer players because they can't achieve it though right? The possibility simply doesn't exist? Welcome to "1st anniversary all star wars". The precedent is there already so that is clearly something that the devs consider to be an acceptable level of favoritism. Why cap it out at lvl 4 achievement for 4 resets? Because that was the only item incentive TO reset. For those who reset more than that? Bearing in mind that most people think a cap on allies is reasonable I think that providing nobility for players with more than 4 resets is about the best you can do... I honestly don't feel as though it's really a fair deal but something is better than nothing :/ I'm not clear on the details of what the achievement system will be like right now but to keep things simple? Make it so that that achievement is worth something specific... a percentage increase to atk/def/spy atk/def. That's what they were hunting for in the first place... Let the resetters have it. As far as equipment? Take what we earned away (remember now we're getting same bonus from achievements so we're not losing anything.) Keep the equipment as a random (and very rare) drop available in all EBs as a way to spice things up a little and add a unique touch to the drop system. Someone who's upset he gets no sword on FoD number 150? He won't be quite as upset if he instead gets a +3% bonus to atk and spy atk on that run.

Ok. Someone's gonna pick this idea apart... But lets be honest here. Wulf is right. The devs aren't going to come up with a good solution; They don't play this game. So lets come up with ideas on how to appease the player base while still accomplishing the goals the devs are wanting.

3. Even with all the changes. This is still a fun war game, why so serious bro? Its not a job, its a game. Good riddance to u quitters make some room for those who have made kaw a way of life and can roll with the lumps. Was gonna post in the retiring kaw forum but that got locked for some reason.

4. I would like to better address one of wulf's comments. He stated that major feedback was that the new mechanics makes resetters a huge problem and implied that is why devs killed resetting? Really wulf? Mechanics had more to do with strange wins/losses based on stat levels, are u telling me those were do to reset items?

5. Even those who buy the kindle won't get shield now - it was a promotional item.

Not saying I don't agree with the "Warning window" but one issue is that the people who abuse the system would abuse it harder in that window. :(

6. I will be surprised if unobtainable / defunct achievements like prior ASW or Humanitarian get any bonus - but we will have to wait and see.

7. Still experimenting with wins/losses - Belle and I both do extensive testing there.
    Devs are VERY tight lipped about the mechanics and algorithms of the game.
    I admit there are many... inconsistencies that are hard to explain.
    What I wouldn't give for a 15 minute look at the game code.

8. They would. That's obvious, but I think it would be a case of better the devil you know for that short timescale rather than the widespread disappointment for those who have done them.

I know how annoyed I was at resetting the day before highlands were released. I wasn't just lc, I was almost t4 bc as well. I took that on the chin because I knew I had my perm bonus.

Looking at the announcement from both sides, I can see the benefit to stopping resets, but the devs should take one on the chin too, allow for the mass reset and transfer to take place (even if it's only 3 days notice) and then allow resetters to have that something that sets them apart.

9. This is Kingdoms at ********.

Make the game easier for softies. Get them to stop EB and make a ******* legitimate War System. If you want money hit another Kingdom.

10. @ Wulf. If a player has 800 ally slots filled and is in a OSW atm. Does this mean he has to wait for 251 allies to be hired to be able to bank again? Poor fellow ... Lol

11. Now that is constructive feedback. I appreciate your words and the helpful intent behind them.
    SUPPORT

12. Hey wulf, this is my 1st time posting in forum. Personally i think that they should giving a period of times before making any changes. for those people like me which is new and decided to do resets and it suddenly taken away. i am on my 2nd reset and i couldnt complete all in a short times. i did my 1st reset for like 2 weeks plus. all dragging me to the reset is the 8 percent items. now they are taken away, giving no warning at the begining of stages it just stated will make changes tomorrow. its like killing to those who put up the hard work. sigh

13. Yes - afraid so - :eek:

I recommend he bank in Potions as they sell or trade 252 small allies with friends / clan mates for one big one quickly.

14. Thank you for your words. The "delay before implementation" is something I will request as well.

However, they are not taking away any of your hard work.
    You keep those free ally slots (which others will have to pay for)
    You keep those Reset items (which others will have to grind for - hopefully VERY hard)

Its not a perfect solution but its the best they could come up with.

I have hope that if the KAWmunity comes up with good ideas to tweak it that the Developers will listen.

15. Oh NO my Jesus Lord 

16. Wulf, thanks for the clarification and response, but your earlier comment specifically stated that feedback from users about mechanics was based on resetters. Are you telling me that people knew they lost to smaller stats due to reset bonuses? And are you actually trying to tell us that THAT is the reason the devs eliminated reset bonuses?

17. LOL - open to a better solution. This is another good argument for that "Delay in implementation" window.
    Even if that window just involves a 48 hour delay where resetting is completely disabled so people can settle their ally issues.

18. Maybe the devs could let them keep their perm items and get a second set from the eb's? So they'd still have an advantage compared to non resetters but non resetters could still get the items.

19. Wulf, it sounds like you are making an excuse for devs and trying to imply this particular change is due to player feedback. Do you see feedback and saw that feedback equate mechanics complaints with reset bonuses?

20. Sorry - I am approaching 40 posts in this thread alone. I don't recall saying that. Could you quote so I could address and clarify.