I didn't do it. really ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -_-OPTIMAL-_-CHAOS-_-, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Just read this report. And all i can sy is wow. Where is the responsibility these days.
    I didn't do it Bart Simpson style comes to mind.

Back in June, a Washington high school teacher caught one of his students cheating on a test. The student is accused of smuggling a cheat-sheet into the exam inside her pencil case. The teacher immediately gave her an “F” and one day of detention.
    That’s not the newsworthy part.
    The newsworthy part is that after appealing to the Linbergh High School principal and then the Renton School Board, only to be told the “fail” would remain on her record, she has now lawyered up and is suing the school.
    The school board responded to her appeal in late September, saying that after careful review, “the council finds that the final grade submitted by the teacher, with the reduction for the academic infraction, is upheld by a preponderance of the evidence submitted.”
    The student’s argument is that although the teacher found the cheat-sheet, he never actually saw the student cheating. She claims that the assumption she was cheating is unwarranted. Her parents have supported her in this endeavour, to the point of filing a lawsuit against the school.
    The lawsuit is pursuing the grade being overturned and stricken from their daughter’s record, rather than seeking any kind of financial compensation. The student’s lawyer, Greg McBroom, says the bad grade could affect her ability to make it into a good college.
    “That’s the only reason she’s filing the lawsuit,” Greg McBroom told a Seattle publication early last week. “She’s never had any problems with the school. No disciplinary record. Nothing.”
    Washington State has seen many court cases involving students appealing against suspension or expulsion, and student athletes have taken legal action against schools for the impact various academic punishments will have on their athletic career, but this one is quite excessive in comparison.
    Randy Matheson, a spokesperson for the Renton School District, says it’s very unusual for a student to just appeal a grade on its own.
    “We trust our teachers to dole out the grade based on a student’s work, and if there’s a challenge to that it happens at the school level,” he said.
    At this point there’s no set date for the hearing yet, but Greg McBroom has expressed his desire to get the ball rolling as soon as possible so that his client can apply to colleges. I’m not sure any college would be interested in enrolling her if she’s going to pull this kind of wild behaviour!
    - See more at: http://www.mobilelikez.com/world-news/h ... QCYjI.dpuf

2. Darn link was not supposed to be included. If not appropriate mod please delete ty.

3. Screw it, I'm moving to the mountains.
    Bye society.

4. Could have been planted, she wasnt using it but the teacher found it? Hmmm. Either way..i dont really care i dont know her. And sounds like shes in the right country to me for law suits.

Two a penny there

5. If a student is found to have means of cheating but is caught before they do cheat, for example walking in with a chest sheet as shown in op. Then it should be punishable. As the student was intending to use the cheat-sheet to cheat the test.

A detention or removal from exam hall would of been acceptable.

But it's a guilty person pleading because her mistake has meant that the student now ruined her later life. But there are ways to bump the grade back up by means of night school.

6. Totally support this. Kids need to be more respected. A great example would be if we fed girls their daily attention sandwiches, maybe the average teenage girl wouldn't be having sex 3-27 times a day and saying it was forced before cutting their arms off.
    Something to think about. Use logic please, people. Respect teenagers.

7. I love how the kid and her parents are suing the school, because "the bad grade would hinder her ability to get into a good college", even after she admitted that she was cheating. NO ****! She should have realized that cheating won't help her with a later education at all. Besides, because she's cheating, she shouldn't deserve to go to college anyways!
    Society is getting more and more idiotic all of the time. :evil:

8. I cheated on my gf it was fun

9. um. okay then. ^

10. then I got with another women after that

11. take your love life to pimd where they might actually care :lol: ^

12. I cheated on a test.... I got caught.... Teacher failed me.... I TOOK MY PUNISHMENT.... Even though it meant 1 1/2 weeks without KaW..... I deserved it.... Good luck suing the school.... It would be easier to just go to a summer school of sorts..... But then again..... This is what today's day in age has come to.... SUCK IT UP AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN-GIRL AND DON'T SUE THE SCHOOL.

13. Lawyered!

If only Marshall was here...

14. How I Met Your Mother reference.
    Suit Up.
    How I will forever remember that show, sad it had to end <\3

15. Talk about being spoiled. I wish I had the money to hire a lawyer and sue people over trivial ****. That would be a damn good court based comedy