How to transfer money in KaW

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by nyn, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Amidst all the begging for ally volleys and volly/drops, I thought it worth sharing, again, how to effectively transfer money in this game.

First, volleys are only helpful for starting players. It's useful up to about 200-250 mil where the amount gained per hire (capped at $1mil) ceases to be effective. If one's money were spent wisely, both ally purchases and building/land upgrades should cost significantly more than $1mil each at this point. Worse yet, as an ally's price rises, the retaining cost becomes much more of a burden on the owner attempting to help the ally.

Second, volley drops are an inane waste of money. Think this through and do the math carefully. The person doing the dropping loses 30% of the purchase price with each drop while the ally only gains $1 mil max per hire. So people wind up spending hundreds of millions to gie away 10-20 million tops. Why would you do this when there are better options?

What is the better option then? Simple. Have the ally buy a cheap ally of their own. Volley that ally with them till they run out of money. Keep the ally. Even if you drop this ally you have still given far more money at a much lower cost.

Allow me to elaborate...

You have a giver and a receiver. The receiver buys a cheap ally (price varries based on how much you want to transfer and how long you want to spend doing it - though starting lower equates to less money lost in the transfer).

The giver buys the ally off the receiver. The two then rehire off each other, effectively "volleying" the ally between them until the ally reaches the desired price.

The giver then keeps the ally (typically you drop when you're done, but some ppl look for actives & try to keep... personally I find this a waste of time).

Example: Reciever buys a 100m ally. Giver & receiver volley that ally ~48 times so that the ally hire price is ~1bil. Giver keeps & drops the ally. The receiver now has ~150m more than he had before. The giver loses ~167m, effectively "transferring" 150m for a "transfer fee" of 17m.

You can run a predictive model on a spreadsheet to come up with approximate values & costs based on the ally value. Basically 100m to ~7bil will transfer 1bil, going to ~13bil will transfer 2bil, going to ~20bil will transfer 3bil and on and on...

Now compare this to a volley drop. If you spend $230mil in a volley drop scenario you may have given your friend $10-20mil tops. What's the point?

Some argue the volley/drop is necessary to get their noob friend started. No. Absolutely not. If he only has $1mil on hand (after you volleyed him and he wasted his earnings on stupid crap upgrades) then have him buy a $200k ally - volley and keep. Have him buy another and another and another. He shops and then keeps hitting "buy" while you shop him and keep hitting "buy". It goes very fast. Much faster than looking for an ally in your list of 200 or so in order to drop the bastard to lose ridiculous sums.

Serously people, it's not rocket science. Stop the nonsense and get smart.

2. Good for you. This games still gonna ne the same

3. Common sense ftw
    . Support 

4. you realize that people begging for "hire me" don't use common sense right?

5. Well demoship, common sense does not become common by keeping it to one's self. Some people learn better from reading than through trial and error... personally I'm more of a trial and error guy with heavy emphasis on the error.

6. Good job Nyn . Nyn knows his stuff. I hope those noobs will back off you now 

7. wise nyn

8. Plz.don't.nerf.this.developers I see nyn buckled under the weight of the irritating spam of buy me's..  but i guess now we may see alot more larger players..

9. they wont nerf this..alot of people know this, just some smaller clans and newer players may not know about it.

Good job nyn,should be stickied, though if you just added a part on allies plunder, this be the best thread.

10. Yea nyn me and my freinds have been doing transfers like that for awhile. Ita a great way to give money to clan members

11. To the sticky request, there is already a similar thread stickied in the section

12. It's ok Cor - I wasn't trying to write a strategy guide. Just reiterating an idea I think many still don't understand very well, including some veteran players.

13. If the amount is over 10bil, you can do a complete transfer (~99%)
    Like transfering 12bil at a time by volleying allies.
    ;p

14. Wait. But wouldn't your partner need a backup fund to keep up with all the volleying. If they had 100m and bought a 10m they'd only get to about roughly 130m. And when you buy an ally to when it is bought from you, you make 5% more than what u bought them, but they raise a rough 12%.

15. Anyone want to do this with me

16. Trojan - what you say is true, but the solution is simple. You start low, volley as high as your receiving friend can go, then keep, drop & repeat the process. The money builds very quick and assuming both parties r paying attention & lag is at a minimum, you could get a brand new reset toon to LC in under 2 hours.

17. You didnt tell them that threesomes work the best Nyn 

18. In most cases a threesome is better (assuming there are 2 chics) but with this you want to keep it to only 2 because 1) the noob gets the most possible money, and 2) the helper gets as close as possible to breaking even after the drop.

 to nyn for sharing this with everyone.

19. Or just get free nobility from hacked iTunes cards tht works for some people also lmfao